Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Beyond Borders
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2008, 02:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

Siggghhhhh.....you're a lucky so & so Kiran! She's right up there on my list of all-time favourite cars! Glad to know you liked it!
Old 6th May 2008, 09:05   #17
BHPian

WOW!!! is all I can say!!
Kiran, you sure are one lucky bugger!
Old 6th May 2008, 09:17   #18
DKG
Senior - BHPian

A day out at the races with all the Ferraris and later the Gullwing, what a way to spend a day. I can't think of a better way to spend a weekend!

Do please post more pictures of all the cars you saw and details of your experience. Would be a treat for all of us.

Congrats and thanks for sharing
Old 6th May 2008, 14:43   #19
BHPian

Hey Lucky Kiran. We really envy you.

Make the BESHT of it before you return.

And.......I hope that after this experience, you will still appreciate our FCCCI Fiats on your return. (Whatever condition)

He he!

Last edited by President : 6th May 2008 at 14:46.
Old 6th May 2008, 16:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
Doesn't this water temperature indicator, with its chrome bezel, resemble what we get from Yenkay in India?

Ram
Absolutely the first thought that came to my mind when I saw this pic.Ram.

Kiran, you have officially achieved nirvana. This was not a collector's home, it was a Temple for me.
I a......OOO0000ooo....... (faints for a while)

...ERrr....(Recovers to faint again for another short while...

EErrrr...Huh?? ...eeerr (Recovers, not completely though)

As I was saying before my brief disorientation, Kiran You Lucky Dog!!
Loved your write up. Came from the heart. No one except the one in love would pen down something like this....(Almost faints again but recovers)... huh?? so where was I ...er ..yes as i was saying....
The pics are wonderful. Meeting with a Gullwing eye to eye and then getting a ride in it. Thats absolutely fantastic. You my man are the chosen one. Hats of to your friend for introducing you to a collection which is the envy of everyone here and then your new found friend who offers to take you for a ride in his Gullwing.
This is a sign of a true collector worth his mettle.
Unlike so many, who would rather have such marques of envy (or not) kept away parked for appreciation in a sterile atmosphere only to feel happy when throwing a loving glance to it or spend their time with their cars dusting it with a chamois, this man is for real. He has a thing of beauty, which is driven and maintained like it should be. Drive it and appreciate it. It was built for that. Dont park it and kill it.
A big hug to both your friends from my side
Please, please post more pics and as you promised, start new dedicated threads if required but keep em coming...... Plop!! (Faints again and falls down with a smile!!)
Old 7th May 2008, 23:07   #21
BHPian

Oh god,you lucky dawg kiran.
You drove a car which used to be owned by Iran's former king.
You ........
Old 8th May 2008, 01:05   #22
BHPian

I love the Gullwing 300SL. Have always wanted to see one myself.

They say it's one of the most desirable classic cars in the world along with the Aston Martin DB5 and the Jaguar E-Type.
Old 12th May 2008, 01:27   #23
BHPian

Kiran, any more updates ??? It was really worth reading your post and more then that were the pics, Man keep them coming, many more cars still under wraps there.
Old 12th May 2008, 10:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

Kiran!!! u lucky dog!!! u seem to be having a blaast there! Finally a 300SL outside a museum!!! Atleast this one hasn't gone to waste!! Do u have any vids or soundclips of the engine note??
Old 12th May 2008, 11:23   #25
Team-BHP Support

LOL how did i miss this thread, nice rides your friend got. Lucky bugger, you got to take a ride in it.

Some more pics please.
Old 12th May 2008, 12:05   #26
BHPian

First of all, all praises to the owner, for having such a marvellous peice of the SL history and on top of that driving it on the limit.. All just seems so crazy.

All the collectors that i may have know have some great cars and when you ask them for a ride and the answer would be .. it have some this _____ glitch but would be sorted out soon.

Hats of for the owner and our friend Kiran who has had such amazing experience that we didnt even dream of.

All i can say is that Kiran ,you are blessed and so are we.
Old 12th May 2008, 23:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

There is something called SCL500?
Old 13th May 2008, 00:15   #28
BHPian

Very nice writeup there Kiran. Truly an awesome experience you had been through. I am sure you will not stop revving about it even when you come back and that will envy us more..you one lucky bugger there. Hope to hear from your side more; Ferrari race and lots more with lots and lots of pics. Btw do you have the video of your new friend flooring the Gullwing!!?? If yes Please post it at once, dude. Also waiting for the separate threads you are about to start.

Cheers,
dhaval
Old 13th August 2008, 15:15   #29
Team-BHP Support

The car is now sold. Was I lucky?

Don't even ask the amount of money he got for that car. I hope it doesn't sit in a museum. It ran well and deserves to be used.
Old 13th August 2008, 21:18   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Hey Kiran:

A wonderfully described experience.
And a nice clean Mercedes Gullwing.

Doesn't this water temperature indicator, with its chrome bezel, resemble what we get from Yenkay in India?

Love the black leather-topped dash with the chrome piping.

Amazingly the white bakelite steering wheel shows not a crack on it in all these years. I guess that would happen in tropical India with repeated cycles of noonday heat and the midnight cold.

Love the textured stainless steel background on which the chromed brass switches are mounted.

Ram
Ram, dont forget Yenkay had a license agreement to manufacture dashboiard instruments from VDO, Germany.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks