Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Beyond Borders
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2008, 14:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
haha, but cmon, is there any auto guy on TV who is as entertaining as he is? May and Hammond come close, but JC is the ballsy, brash, arrogant definition of one!
That is exactly the image he wants to create for himself. Looks like he has succeeded.
Old 21st October 2008, 15:23   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

The extent to which people go to attract viewing audiences !
Old 21st October 2008, 15:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Did you see his programme on driving in India? I thought those jokes about us were in very poor taste for a foreigner to make. I don't find him entertaining. I think he is just an insecure old man.
Old 21st October 2008, 16:16   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Did you see his programme on driving in India? I thought those jokes about us were in very poor taste for a foreigner to make.
no comments on that! Traffic is a joke here. Had a nice dialogue with a 'Health Department' Gypsy driver on the way to office today. The educated looking person didn't even bother to apologise.

Well, I agree Clarkson does go overboard at times, this time surely hurting the British 'conserve'ative sentiments!
Old 21st October 2008, 16:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

Haha, this DVD will be fun methinks.
Old 21st October 2008, 17:34   #21
Senior - BHPian

He bought an old bus with his own money, blew it up in a controlled explosion for publicity for his new DVD. And guess what, he succeeded!!

How can one be penalised for destroying private property?
Old 21st October 2008, 18:22   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
He bought an old bus with his own money, blew it up in a controlled explosion for publicity for his new DVD. And guess what, he succeeded!!

How can one be penalised for destroying private property?
Exactly. Why was there no outrage when he drove a Rolls Royce into a swimming pool? Was that because none of us have been in a Rolls but can identify with double-deckers?

Last edited by Technocrat : 21st October 2008 at 18:25. Reason: removed Quoted post which is deleted now
Old 21st October 2008, 19:23   #23
BHPian

The hue and cry in London is only because he selected a very rare piece. On sundays , these vintage people carriers actually service small towns outside London. It is nice to see them with people travelling in and destination boards on them.

I dont think anybody who is not a vintage bus afficianado needs to get so worked up about it.

It would not have made news if he had blown a normal double decker bus, we like it or not.
Old 21st October 2008, 19:26   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
Well I love Jeremy Clarkson but this is quite stupid. I work in the Bus Industry and this stunt has really incensed all the guys I know in our company! (I feel he wouldn't want to come near any of the bus depots, especially in London!)
I am sure you guys had the same feeling towards Hollywood directors, especially Jan De Bont!.
Old 21st October 2008, 21:11   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
I am sure you guys had the same feeling towards Hollywood directors, especially Jan De Bont!.
Well you never know with Hollywood whether its the real thing or just a model...

But this was the real deal. By the way I am no hardcore Bus Enthusiast! Car Enthusiast - an emphatic yes..Buses - Well I just happen to work in the industry!

@srijit - The Rolls Royce stunt was done so JC could feel like a rockstar, as he was recreating Keith Moon's stunt where he allegedly drove his Lilac coloured Rolls Royce into the swimming pool.
Old 21st October 2008, 21:25   #26
BHPian

Hahaha that RR stunt was great - the people there didnt seem very impressed.

I think the Robin Reliant Rocket ship has to be my favorite. I love J.C - he is silly but entertaining.

Brabus - out of interest, what do you do? i.e - Workwise.
Old 21st October 2008, 21:36   #27
Senior - BHPian

When something is rare, hang on to it, aka, don't blow it up. It'll make you more than your DVD sales, which will sooner or later end up in the discount bin at those pit-stop stores in petrol stations.
Old 21st October 2008, 22:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

I think it is not bad at all!
Old 21st October 2008, 22:25   #29
BHPian

Clarkson is just a crazy old man, and him NOT doing something abnormal like that would be abnormal in itself.

And activists these days have to cry about every bloody thing. Remember them lighting up pipes on air?
Old 22nd October 2008, 12:25   #30
BHPian

Wow, the amount of hate in this thread is amazing.
While the buses may be iconic or whatever, they are hardly efficient. Jeremy has been bringing to topic of getting rid of them for quite a while now.
As far as i know, efficiency is far more important than nostalgic value for public transport, but maybe that's just me.
Publicity? Hell yeah, what good is launching a product without publicity? It's how he earns his living.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks