Team-BHP - Pics of Vintage Cars rusting - Across the world
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Beyond Borders (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/beyond-borders/)
-   -   Pics of Vintage Cars rusting - Across the world (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/beyond-borders/69409-pics-vintage-cars-rusting-across-world.html)

Here is some vintage tin from Australia some I have managed to save for parts and other restorations, some were to far gone but helped put other classics back on the road, some are still out there and some are long gone. enjoy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkmn (Post 1581332)
Here is some vintage tin from Australia some I have managed to save for parts and other restorations, some were to far gone but helped put other classics back on the road, some are still out there and some are long gone. enjoy.

Wow! Thanks for the pics! That pickup truck in the 9th pic...I can just imagine it hot rodded!

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkmn (Post 1581332)

Lovely viewing of the rotting classics.Don't classic lovers buy these there in Austrailia and restore? After all, these are rare. Most of them are Holdens and Holdens.Some others include a Desoto??, Mercs, Vauxhalls, Morris(saw one MO Series), Commer trucks and may be many more. Other than the Holdens, most other cars seen here were also available in our country during the 1940's and 1950's, the golden era for Indian motoring.

here is some more vintage tin pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 1582114)
all these cars are from AUSTRALIA,I cannot understand its place in this threadstupid:

Just thought you fellow car enthusiasts would like a look at some vintage tin from other parts of the world, and it makes for interesting conversation, i am sorry if you are offended by this, but from all the requests i had been getting to share more pics im sure we have a lot of interested enthusiasts only to happy to check out the pics. ps the topic was rust in pieces wasn't it ???:D

here is a jaguar sitting in my local wreckers, to far gone eaten by rust, but still good for some spares, a real shame, a once proud car reduced to this.

here is a 1958 plymouth belvedere australian delivered rhd with the roof cut of to make a fordor convertible bit of a shame really, spotted in a local storage yard in melbourne. I believe the vehicle is for sale at present.

Here is a Link to One Such Site.

I wish I could save some of these

Rust In Peace | Phil Seed's Virtual Car Museum

Here's some photos taken in Toronto at "Just Jags" a shop that does only Jags and has become the grave yard for about 80 Jags. Most by Indian standards are suitable for restoration, but the $60-100. per hour labour costs make it WAY too expensive. A lot of the cars are being parted out.

A number of the cars are just left as the owners can't afford to repair them and
rather than get $100 from a scrapper, prefer to give them to Ian who is standing beside his red XJS. A VERY interesting Character.

G'Day
And here's some rusty barn finds that got saved
Rusty cars that could be worth millions - 1937 Bugatti Type 57S: $4.4 million (1) - CNNMoney.com

Not exactly rusting, this is a Morris Oxford Series II woody with a LHD.
(source MCOIC Journal Quality First)
Pics of Vintage Cars rusting - Across the world-scan0021c.jpg

Two more pictures from the Q F issue of Spring 2011:
Pics of Vintage Cars rusting - Across the world-scan0031.jpg
This is a "rare" (term used by the MCOIC) Morris Isis Traveller not in use. The Issis had a straight six engine and was the upmarket variant of the Oxford with a much longer engine bay.These were available as sedans and saloons.
Pics of Vintage Cars rusting - Across the world-scan0033.jpg
A rotting Oxford Series III. The rear bumper shape and the bumper guards are so akin to our oldest Ambassadors.The Mark II had a changed bumper and the bumper guards too!

More rotting cars from the US of A.These are cars from the 1950's and 60's. Sadly, some of these are used for target practice as will be evident from the bullet holes on the panels.
Old Cars Weekly - Salvage Yard Ron wraps up rip rap

i found this surfing.
not in india, and not current.
Super cars wrecks | PIXIMUS.net
What i cant believe is,2 ARE the actual 300SLs, arent they?
and one is the stingray, i think.
How can somebody leave them to rot like this?

Although, i was watching an auction on discovery turbo, and supposedly and unworked upon original, even rusting away fetches much much more than one which has been worked on....(??)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 2440497)
i found this surfing.
not in india, and not current.
Super cars wrecks | PIXIMUS.net
What i cant believe is,2 ARE the actual 300SLs, arent they?
and one is the stingray, i think.
How can somebody leave them to rot like this?

Although, i was watching an auction on discovery turbo, and supposedly and unworked upon original, even rusting away fetches much much more than one which has been worked on....(??)

MRX ! this looks like a early sixties car of mumbai.