Team-BHP - Classics "mela" in Turkey
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Beyond Borders (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/beyond-borders/)
-   -   Classics "mela" in Turkey (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/beyond-borders/91042-classics-mela-turkey.html)

Hello fellas, I am in turkey on an official visit and as everyone, I too went out to enjoy the bright sunny weekend (read Sunday) after many days of bad weather.

We were just going on a beach road when we spotted lot of hustle on the road side. Nearing it we realised there was something happening regarding old classic cars. without indulging in any more thoughts, my friend turned the car into the parking lots.(He too is a auto enthusiast, owns an Audi TT coupe and a Harley Davidson and lives with a girl who drives a Land Rover Freelander 2 and He is a German)

First thoughts : Why the hell did I not get my camera today. What lay in front of me was an exhibition of classic cars to the likes of Impala and old fords. Lots of gleaming Chevrolet's all lined up to relive their galore.

Second thoughts : This is going to be a good post for TBHP. The classic loving guys will surely enjoy it (i hope as the pics aren't the best considering it was an old samsung phone with a 2 MP fixed focus no flash phone camera. I have tried my best to show you the glory of yester years)
Enough of talks, let you all enjoy the pics.

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0103.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0105.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0106.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0107.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0108.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0109.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0110.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0111.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0112.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0112_1.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0113.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0113_1.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0114.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0114_1.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0115.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0115_1.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0116.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0117.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0118.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0119.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0120.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0121.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0122.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0124.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0128.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0130.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0131.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0133.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0135.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by justwheels (Post 2116613)
First thoughts : What lay in front of me was an exhibition of classic cars to the likes of Impala and old fords. Lots of gleaming Chevrolet's all lined up to relive their galore.

Second thoughts : This is going to be a good post for TBHP. The classic loving guys will surely enjoy it

Thanks for the post. Nice cars and well restored. Turkey being part of NATO, seems to have an affinity for American cars. Going by the numbers, Chevy seems to be the most popular brand. Happy to note the one vintage is a 1930-31 Plymouth PA and it is a rare Delux Sedan.

Cheers

KPS

The presence of American cars in Turkey has nothing to do with NATO.
Sometime in the 1960's America sent a huge number of used cars to Turkey, and they were used for all purposes, cabs, private cars etc. At one time Turkish streets resembled Cuban street. These cars were sent under some sort of programme, maybe related to some aid. Turkey did modernise, those cars were used and when they expired they were replaced. It seems that some of these cars could have been restored, but looking at the condition of these cars it maybe that they also import classic cars. This is a piece of Turkish automotive history, whether these cars were a part of that I do not know. Ofcourse only the earlier cars, not the later Mustangs etc.

Cheers harit

Infact, I too wanted to ask about the number of Chevrolet cars exceeding than any other American cars. No Dodge & less Ford. Any idea why only Chevrolet was large in number?

But all of them look beautiful; reminds me of some good old American movies in the 70s. Tks for sharing @justwheels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 2117317)
Infact, I too wanted to ask about the number of Chevrolet cars exceeding than any other American cars. No Dodge & less Ford. Any idea why only Chevrolet was large in number?

But all of them look beautiful; reminds me of some good old American movies in the 70s. Tks for sharing @justwheels.

Sorry, but could not get to know why it was raining Chevrolet. Its difficult to find somebody who knows English here, and there weren't any understandable bill boards too. Nonetheless, it was a nice exhibition and I enjoyed being there.
Looking at those impalas, I was just amazed with their sheer size, the fins and all were marvelous. Remembered the old Devanand movie songs!
Have some more clicks, will share them soon.

@aargee, thanks for appreciating.

As promised. some more pics from the classics of Turkey
Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0136.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0137.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0138.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0139.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0140.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0141.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0142.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0143.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0145.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0149.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0152.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0154.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0156.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0157.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0158.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0159.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0161.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0162.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0165.jpg

Classics "mela" in Turkey-photo0167.jpg

Hope the pics served to the taste of the Classic lovers.