Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2013, 22:10   #1726
BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

@a4anurag:

Congrats on the RR5.0 purchase.

You'll want to drop the gel seat cover and get padded cycling shorts instead. And get a pair of nice padded gloves too.
Old 8th December 2013, 18:26   #1727
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
@a4anurag:
Congrats on the RR5.0 purchase.

You'll want to drop the gel seat cover and get padded cycling shorts instead. And get a pair of nice padded gloves too.
Thank you Naresh.

And thank you for the valuable suggestion given by you on that Gel Seat cover.

Rode 6 kms with that seat cover yesterday and I had a sore butt but today for trial removed that I felt much better. I did cover a 14 kms today in a steady pace understanding my body and the cycle.

Was mostly on 2-4 & 2-5. Occasionally did touch 3-6 but didn't want to try 3-7 which I leave for a later stages.

Happy with the cycle till now and does anyone here have a link to purchase a gauge to check air pressure?

Will be visiting Decathlon tomorrow for Gloves and Helmet.

Anurag.
Old 8th December 2013, 19:07   #1728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Thank you Naresh.

Happy with the cycle till now

Anurag.
Hi Anurag. Many congratulations for your latest acquisition.
Please get the front and tail lights also. They are really helpful for night riding.

One question though, does the absence of front shock absorbers make the ride uncomfortable in any manner?
I tried my friend's Raleigh Terrain 05 having front shocks and all I could hear while the cycle went through bumps was chirr chirr noise.

I am asking this because I too have a max budget of 10K and would like to choose the best one under it, so I think front shocks and aluminium frame is out of the question.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 8th December 2013 at 19:12.
Old 8th December 2013, 19:26   #1729
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Hi Anurag. Many congratulations for your latest acquisition.
Please get the front and tail lights also. They are really helpful for night riding.

One question though, does the absence of front shock absorbers make the ride uncomfortable in any manner?
I tried my friend's Raleigh Terrain 05 having front shocks and all I could hear while the cycle went through bumps was chirr chirr noise.

I am asking this because I too have a max budget of 10K and would like to choose the best one under it, so I think front shocks and aluminium frame is out of the question.
Will procure the lights slowly once I am doing a proper cycling schedule. I have just bought a Cycle computer (with back light) for Rs 950.

The absence of suspension is felt over bad roads when on saddle, not that it is bone shattering. It is ok and also depends on the tyre pressure maintained and speed. I have maintained 40 psi. No sounds over bad roads, cycle is silent and smooth.

I do recommend this cycle to all who have a budget of 10K. I initially was tempted to buy the Rockrider 5.1 (which has a front shock absorber and an aluminium frame) but that was going to 14K so did a TD of the 5.0 and paid the money. I don't regret the purchase!

All the best.

Anurag.
Old 8th December 2013, 22:49   #1730
BHPian

Quote:

Will procure the lights slowly once I am doing a proper cycling schedule. I have just bought a Cycle computer (with back light) for Rs 950.

The absence of suspension is felt over bad roads when on saddle, not that it is bone shattering. It is ok and also depends on the tyre pressure maintained and speed. I have maintained 40 psi. No sounds over bad roads, cycle is silent and smooth.

I do recommend this cycle to all who have a budget of 10K. I initially was tempted to buy the Rockrider 5.1 (which has a front shock absorber and an aluminium frame) but that was going to 14K so did a TD of the 5.0 and paid the money. I don't regret the purchase!

All the best.

Anurag.
Hello Anurag,
I have company in the rockrider club. Just got it over the weekend. Took a short ride on it and it's definitely faster than my Hercules mtb.

Initially, I went in for the mybike, but changed it to a rockrider 5.0. Love the removable, quick release, front wheel. Makes hitching a ride in my friends car easier (and further reason to leave the xuv at home)

Will bike to work tomorrow and see how it performs on my daily commute. Will take a call on selling the Hercules if it works out.
Old 10th December 2013, 06:07   #1731
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

Some of us would have heard of this news, for the rest of us, here's an example of silly disgusting corporate bullying by the US Giant Specialized:
http://blogs.calgaryherald.com/2013/...t-specialized/

Please hop over to https://www.facebook.com/specializedbicycles and make your voice heard.
Old 10th December 2013, 11:01   #1732
BHPian

A wide range of Marin Bikes are now available in Bangalore at Cadence90.

Address:

Cadence90
No. 1, Old No. 264, 36th B Cross,
7th Block, Jayanagar,
Bangalore - 560070.
Phone: 080-26653990, 09880038450
www.cadence90.in
Old 11th December 2013, 19:51   #1733
BHPian

The rockrider is great although the low position puts a lot of the weight on my arms. Is there anyway I can raise the handlebars?
Old 11th December 2013, 20:10   #1734
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
The rockrider is great although the low position puts a lot of the weight on my arms. Is there anyway I can raise the handlebars?
No buddy. There is no adjustment but I'm case you want to raise it you'll have to buy one raised handlebar stem.

Check the Decathlon website.

Anurag.
Old 11th December 2013, 20:20   #1735
BHPian

Quote:

No buddy. There is no adjustment but I'm case you want to raise it you'll have to buy one raised handlebar stem.

Check the Decathlon website.

Anurag.
Thanks Anurag for the quick response (dunno where the thanks button went). Will check the site. Is it a easy job or do I need a bicycle shop to make the mod?

Thanks again.
Old 11th December 2013, 20:25   #1736
BANNED

Quote:

Thanks Anurag for the quick response (dunno where the thanks button went). Will check the site. Is it a easy job or do I need a bicycle shop to make the mod?

Thanks again.
FYI, this is the shifting gears thread so the Thanks button is not there.

It is a 5 minute job and moreover a DIY. There a couple of videos in YouTube for chafing the handle bar stem.

All the best.

Anurag.

Quote:

Thanks again.
Here is the image of the stem for raised height and below in that screen shot you can see the video for changing the stem.

The Bicycles thread-forumrunner_20131211_204953.png

Anurag.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th December 2013 at 21:15. Reason: Posts merged on request.
Old 11th December 2013, 20:39   #1737
BANNED

Quote:
I am also searching for my 5.1 .I checked with Decathlon Whitefield.They don't have stock .Also I am planning to change seat to wider one.
Old 11th December 2013, 20:47   #1738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balechaparka View Post

I am also searching for my 5.1 .I checked with Decathlon Whitefield.They don't have stock .Also I am planning to change seat to wider one.
So I did a bit of googling and now I'm confused. Someone on bikezone dot com said that for the rockrider 5.0, the stem riser needs shims. First up, what's a shim? Second, if I keep the existing setup, how long will it take me to get used to it and how easy is it to maneuver in traffic?

Also, I also though about a wider seat but the LBS near my house says that wider seats are for ladies which is why I bought the padded seat, only to encounter severe discomfort a ride later. Now cycling with the padded shorts and they make all the difference.

Now to ride to work tomorrow morning and see how it goes on the rockrider.
Old 11th December 2013, 21:48   #1739
BANNED

Quote:

So I did a bit of googling and now I'm confused. Someone on bikezone dot com said that for the rockrider 5.0, the stem riser needs shims. First up, what's a shim? Second, if I keep the existing setup, how long will it take me to get used to it and how easy is it to maneuver in traffic?

Also, I also though about a wider seat but the LBS near my house says that wider seats are for ladies which is why I bought the padded seat, only to encounter severe discomfort a ride later. Now cycling with the padded shorts and they make all the difference.

Now to ride to work tomorrow morning and see how it goes on the rockrider.
A*shim*is a thin and often tapered or*wedged*piece of material, used to fill small gaps or spaces between objects.Shims are typically used in order to support, adjust for better fit, or provide a level surface. Shims may also be used as spacers to fill gaps between parts subject to wear.

Source: Wikipedia

The Bicycles thread-forumrunner_20131211_214442.png

The Bicycles thread-forumrunner_20131211_214625.png

Image Source: Google

Anurag.
Attached Thumbnails
The Bicycles thread-forumrunner_20131211_214042.png  

Old 13th December 2013, 20:57   #1740
BHPian

Hello team, I am in the process of buying a bicycle, because gym does not catch my fancy anymore. I have a budget of around 25k, went to a lot of shops in Pune and did some research.

What I observed is that there are better and much more options in the 25k budget if I go for an MTB with lockable front suspension, I want to know if a hybrid is genuinely a better option than an MTB, for use in the city and occasionally off the road!

Also MTB or Hybrid which brand should I look at in that price range. The Hybrids I saw were all pretty expensive and only the Schwinn Hybrid Sporterra 4 fits my budget, everything else like Cannondale and Bianchi Hybrids are way expensive .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks