Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2014, 13:17   #1936
BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

For those who have brought 2014 Scott Speedster Series there is a worldwide recall http://road.cc/content/news/120915-s...peedster-bikes
Old 11th June 2014, 14:15   #1937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis86 View Post
Hi, nice to see you here. Its a amazing feat for you to climb the singhad fort. I so much want to do it myself but since I already stay a bit far from th place, I run out of gas after reaching there. You for sure are a motivation and I will convince myself to do it in the coming months.

Where do you stay in pune? and what routes do you take for your weekend rides? I stay in Magarpatta and go to Khadakwasla, Alandi, Nagar roads alternatively. Any other route that you might suggest?
Thanks a lot nemesis86, i am very lucky in this regard in that i stay in Dhayari so khadakwasla, Sinhagad, Pirangut are nearby.

Post getting my bicycle, my rides have always been on this route over weekends, with Sinhagad being my prime target. I had attempted to climb Sinhagad twice during past few weeks and lost stamina and came back midway.

As far as cycling over the weekday Still not able to convince family to allow me to take the bicycle to hinjewadi for work for a day during the work week
Old 11th June 2014, 17:17   #1938
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis86 View Post
Fantastic read

And congratulations on your new acquisition, hope it serves you well. I will also jump into the road-bike market next year. Will take a tip or two from you.

I did follow your feed on Strava and was amazed to see the total elevation gain of 1300 meters. It was jaw-dropping stat for me
Thanks nemesis86 for the kind words and wishes.

Yes. It was an ordeal doing the 1300 meter climb. Our group is doing this climb again on June 29th. Hope I can shave off some time during this attempt. I too am following you on Strava. Looking forward to seeing some long ones from you as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
For those who have brought 2014 Scott Speedster Series there is a worldwide recall http://road.cc/content/news/120915-s...peedster-bikes
That was a very timely and useful tip. Thank you very much for that information. In fact, my Scott Speedster 30 falls under the recall program. I have written to my dealer asking about this.
Old 11th June 2014, 21:26   #1939
BHPian

Hello chaps! First time have I come to this section of Tbhp. I usually cycle every alternate day on my Firefox dart 2.6 21SP Disc, and do roughly 20kms on those runs. I think the time now has come for a better bike. Any idea where I can find Btwin dealers in Delhi? I recently went to Landmark, Ambience mall, south delhi and saw a few bikes there. Any other good dealers who stock Btwins? Preferably in S Delhi as I live there. Thank you for the help
Old 11th June 2014, 22:39   #1940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samar117 View Post
Any other good dealers who stock Btwins?
Decathlon's first store in NCR has recently opened in Noida right next to the Great India Place Mall. Do check it out if you can. They are giving good discounts on bikes as well as on accessories.
I just picked up mybike for Rs. 3999 last Sunday from there
Old 14th June 2014, 20:49   #1941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Decathlon's first store in NCR has recently opened in Noida right next to the Great India Place Mall. Do check it out if you can. They are giving good discounts on bikes as well as on accessories.
I just picked up mybike for Rs. 3999 last Sunday from there
Thanks for the Info, will go and check out the place tomorrow. I checked out a couple of high end bike shops in S Delhi and most seem to have Treks, Montras and Scotts, not BTwins.
Old 16th June 2014, 09:41   #1942
Senior - BHPian

RockRider 5.2.. Planning to buy this from Bangalore next week. Any pointers where I can get good deals.
Old 16th June 2014, 21:33   #1943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
RockRider 5.2.. Planning to buy this from Bangalore next week. Any pointers where I can get good deals.
For RockRider, best deal is always at Decathlon.
Old 16th June 2014, 22:27   #1944
BHPian

Guys a little help with my Rockrider 5.0. Is there any way increase the height of the handle. It's kind of low to ride long and neck hurts after sometime.
Old 17th June 2014, 12:09   #1945
Senior - BHPian

Any good bicycle repair shop in Bangalore for imported bikes? This is for Cannondale F9. I stay in Marathahalli, so a place closeby would be great.

I checked with Decathlon, and they no longer service outside bikes.
Old 17th June 2014, 12:14   #1946
Team-BHP Support

I had been on the look out for a cycle rack. Finally found what I wanted on Amazon.

My sister bought it for me in the US and sent it over thru a friend.
Saved me money on shipping.

The Bicycles thread-rack.jpg

I need to adjust the cycle to avoid it from extending beyond the car's width. But frankly I don't care. Since the road from my house to the cycle shop is just 20 odd kms of 4 lane highway.

Its not a very rigid frame. But it does the job well and no complaints.

However I plan to put a 3M sticker where the bottom plastic contacts the car.
It tends to leave a slightly sticky feeling there.
Old 17th June 2014, 12:23   #1947
BHPian

Hi All,

What is the right Tyre pressure for a bicycle? I have a Rockrider 5.1 and I typically ride 10-15 kilometers on Pune roads.

There are websites that recommend 50-70 PSI which seems to be very high.

Thanks!!
Old 17th June 2014, 12:45   #1948
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
Hi All,

What is the right Tyre pressure for a bicycle? I have a Rockrider 5.1 and I typically ride 10-15 kilometers on Pune roads.

Thanks!!
No 50-70 psi is not exactly high.
Please check the sidewall. Its usually printed on it.
Old 17th June 2014, 18:47   #1949
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I need to adjust the cycle to avoid it from extending beyond the car's width. But frankly I don't care. Since the road from my house to the cycle shop is just 20 odd kms of 4 lane highway.
Is it possible to mount the frame itself slightly offset to the left side? That will bring the rear wheel inside and move the front wheel outside, thus balancing the protrusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
Hi All,

Thanks!!
As bblost has mentioned, check the side wall of the tire for the right pressure. I have Bontrager SR1 slick tires on my Trek 4300 MTB, and the max pressure is 80psi. I usually run them at 65psi, that gives a good balance between rolling resistance and ride comfort. Check the side wall of the tires on your bike and set the pressure accordingly.
Old 18th June 2014, 10:27   #1950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Any good bicycle repair shop in Bangalore for imported bikes? This is for Cannondale F9. I stay in Marathahalli, so a place closeby would be great.

I checked with Decathlon, and they no longer service outside bikes.
RR Cycles, Marathahalli circle, I bought my Cannondale Trail 6 MTB there and know they do service too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks