Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2010, 18:51   #556
BHPian

Re: Got my SCHWINN FRONTIER COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust_in_peace View Post
@kartikk & @phamilyman

Yes you are correct, i feel i am in a awkward position when riding the bike.
I am searching for how to find the correct seat height.
I am a newbie and have less knowledge about these bikes.
Your valuable advices will be of great help.
BTW: I am googling for "How to find the correct seat height" in my bike
The simplest way to check is this Tips for Adjusting Your Bicycle Seat Height: Mountain Bike Maintenance | eHow.com

basically once on the bike your leg should NOT be fully stretched. There are many other methods but you really dont want to get too scientific on this, just follow your heart and make sure your comforable with no strain on your back and arms. Cycling is a hell lot of fun.
Old 24th December 2010, 09:03   #557
BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

I need a strong cycle for 120KG+ guy.. help!
Old 24th December 2010, 13:44   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
I need a strong cycle for 120KG+ guy.. help!
Trek 3400, Giant, Orebia, Kona, Schwinn, Bianchi, RockRider, Cannondale among others all are good, take a ride see which fits your budget and style and follow your heart
Old 25th December 2010, 22:33   #559

Re: Got my SCHWINN FRONTIER COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk View Post
The simplest way to check is this Tips for Adjusting Your Bicycle Seat Height: Mountain Bike Maintenance | eHow.com

basically once on the bike your leg should NOT be fully stretched. There are many other methods but you really dont want to get too scientific on this, just follow your heart and make sure your comforable with no strain on your back and arms. Cycling is a hell lot of fun.
Thanks kartikk for the advice and the link.
I have done a bit more googling.
I think i have corrected it, Now feels more comfortable when riding.
Thanks a lot
Old 28th December 2010, 21:09   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk View Post
Trek 3400, Giant, Orebia, Kona, Schwinn, Bianchi, RockRider, Cannondale among others all are good, take a ride see which fits your budget and style and follow your heart
Can you please give some addresses or phone number.. web site? thanks
Old 29th December 2010, 10:30   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@unoczar:
For Hyderabad, contact The Bike Affair - Home
Old 29th December 2010, 11:22   #562
BHPian

Google is your friend, apart from that do try this Bangalore Bikers Club | Google Groups though its more bangalore focused you'll find a lot of info and people from Hyderabad too. Also info on things like tweaking your bike, info on accessories etc. Hope that helps.

Quote:
Old 29th December 2010, 21:03   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
@unoczar:
For Hyderabad, contact The Bike Affair - Home

Thanks a ton!
Old 5th January 2011, 13:52   #564
BHPian

Are there any shops in Bangalore that rent out bicycles? Wud like to try this for a day or two, before buying one.
Old 5th January 2011, 15:42   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Are there any shops in Bangalore that rent out bicycles? Wud like to try this for a day or two, before buying one.
Here you go,

Plan to Rent in Bangalore: BumsOnTheSaddle notebook - Bicycles for Rent

Second Hands Bikes
BumsOnTheSaddle notebook - Bikes for sale

But make sure you research a bit before buying any international brand.
Old 5th January 2011, 20:23   #566
Senior - BHPian

I am now planning to go in for a nice mountain bike.Need to get that excess flab off so that my motorbikes can run faster.

So for a budget of approximately 30k what would be the ideal option.I have seen the Trek 4300D and the Gary Fisher Wahoo.

What all bikes are available for this price.I'm planning for a hardtail mountain bike.

I see that cannondale and schwin are also available in this price.So which ones are worth considering?I'm planning to keep them for a long time and they will see mostly simple riding.Only an occasional offroad.

Also another query i have is about Hydraulic Brakes.The two bikes mentioned above have hydraulic brakes.
What is the difference between Hydraulic and Mechanical in terms of braking efficiancy and feel and safety.
Old 6th January 2011, 08:56   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
I am now planning to go in for a nice mountain bike.Need to get that excess flab off so that my motorbikes can run faster.

So for a budget of approximately 30k what would be the ideal option.I have seen the Trek 4300D and the Gary Fisher Wahoo.

What all bikes are available for this price.I'm planning for a hardtail mountain bike.

I see that cannondale and schwin are also available in this price.So which ones are worth considering?I'm planning to keep them for a long time and they will see mostly simple riding.Only an occasional offroad.

Also another query i have is about Hydraulic Brakes.The two bikes mentioned above have hydraulic brakes.
What is the difference between Hydraulic and Mechanical in terms of braking efficiancy and feel and safety.
You can also look at BTwin Rock Rider. It has many variants start from 15K + all the way up to 50K. I have a Rock Rider 5.2 and am quite happy with its performance.

Coming to the hydraulic brakes, am sure that they must be quite effective, but I haven't yet seen any myself.
Old 6th January 2011, 11:06   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post

From your budget range you can get mid-level Trek's, Canondale's, Giant's Orbea etc..(Schwinn is now become more of a wallmart brand and is good for entry level biking) but when you say you are only going to occasionally do off-roading they I'd suggest the same brands but look for Hybrid bikes. The drag on mountain bikes it really bad when you ride them on regular tarmac. Also speed, if you like riding fast then hybrids and road bikes are far far faster and better in overall feel to ride on tarmac than mountain bikes. Road bikes start from 35K + depending on the brand and configuration.(Can go as high as 8-12 lacs, FYI)

About Hydraulic brakes, yes they are definately better, more accurate, the bite is firm and you will feel a lot safe. Again depends on the roads you wanna ride whether you'll actually need them on roads in India, hmmm dunno!

Remember the more complex the bike gets the more effort to maintain them also.
Old 6th January 2011, 12:49   #569
Senior - BHPian

Could you list some of the 30k +- bikes available in india in the hybrid category.

Also with the kind of terrain in dehradun with broken roads etc wouldn't a mountain bike be better.What all difference is between a hybrid and a mountain bike other than the tires.

Also which bike would be the absolute best buy in terms of quality in the 30k segment?

Problem here is that we have a limited range here in dehradun.Other than trek we don't have any other brand here.So information of these other brands against Trek wahoo and 4300D would be very nice.

Thanks.

If you'd not like to make a preferential post on the thread please PM me.
Old 10th January 2011, 21:08   #570
BHPian

I am planning to cycle 2 kms to office everyday.
The exercise, savings on petrol and investment, going 'green' and parking-space are the motivations.

I do not know much about cycles and presently researching, any ideas?

(I am lazy to go fully through this thread)

I was advised to go in for BSA Hercules.

Last edited by manim : 10th January 2011 at 21:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks