Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2021, 16:42   #6121
BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

Is anyone here using a niterider saber 110 or magicshine seemee 30 tailight? Although the saber has 110 lumens on paper, in videos the seemee 30 tl looks way brighter and even quality seems to be better.I'll be using it only for early morning rides and don't want to buy the 5 lumen btwin lights again which were just average.
Old 18th July 2021, 16:51   #6122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Kamshet! A Sunday century after a LONG time.
Doc, any chance you were wearing orange jersey today? I saw an Act110 rider on the opposite side near that trekking spot on NH4, while I was on my return leg.

BTW, all your mates use roadies even in monsoon but you seem to keep yours parked at home.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 17:05   #6123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Go for frame bag. Its lovely. I had posted mine, few days back. Arm band was uncomfy
Sorry, edit function ran away while I was doodling over at eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCKBROS-Cy...L/402985299363

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisravi View Post
While we are on the topic of water bottles and saddle bags, I decided to ditch my saddle bag and got a bottle cage tool bag. I usually carry only 1 water bottle (which I fill up during rides - hey a Rs.20 note is infinitely lighter than carrying another 750-800 grams of bottle+water), so I thought why not?

Attachment 2174754

The bike looks much cleaner from the side and behind. I also now get to fit a rear light snugly under the saddle:

Attachment 2174753

Just some minor upgrades to keep the excitement alive I guess.
Hey Ravi,

Where did you get the bottle cage tool bag from? Any link or store? Is it Rockbros?

Last edited by vb-saan : 18th July 2021 at 19:55. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Thank you!
Old 18th July 2021, 18:06   #6124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Doc, any chance you were wearing orange jersey today? I saw an Act110 rider on the opposite side near that trekking spot on NH4, while I was on my return leg.

BTW, all your mates use roadies even in monsoon but you seem to keep yours parked at home.
Yes! That bhagwadhari was me (that's my college cycling jersey)!!!

The Bicycles thread-img_20210718_091607.jpg

I too will be getting on my roadie once I get the by now set tried n tested been there done that 2000 km of ACT miles into my legs.

I find that works best for my training once I return after a longish break. June was a big duck for me. So I'm in my conditioning phase.

800 km in since the start of July. Another 1200 and I'll start feeing it in my legs. Breathing and HR are already getting there.

Hope that clarifies. Its a source of great annoyance to many of my riding buddies. Lol

P.S. Damn keen eye bro, to have noticed the bike across the width of the highway and media, when both were on the move. I barely get the riders' faces!

P.P.S. This is not my riding group nor my club. These are PDCC guys. Seniors and mentors. All big time ex racers. Still rock in their 60s. They normally do 60 km Sunday rides. The Kamshet run was my idea.

Last edited by ebonho : 18th July 2021 at 18:25.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 18:37   #6125
Senior - BHPian

Bag over frame, sways, no matter how well you fasten it. But the Rockbros (Available in USA), looks great. See if you can source it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
This looks pretty good isn't it?

Last edited by Sebring : 18th July 2021 at 18:41.
Sebring is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 18:44   #6126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Bag over frame, sways, no matter how well you fasten it. Do you have any references? I could be wrong
No. It stays in place, packed to the gills. I use it mainly when using a light that runs directly off a powerbank. So this placement work best. Handlebar bags only for long rides.

The Bicycles thread-img_20210712_070648.jpg

P.S. This is a 300 rupee bag bought off Ali Express.

P.P.S. The base of the bag in a couple of rides takes the shape of your top tube and curves snugly over it on top.

Last edited by vb-saan : 18th July 2021 at 19:56. Reason: typo
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 19:09   #6127
Distinguished - BHPian

I am now debating between this kind of frame bag or a tool bag (into which I can stuff the phone etc) which goes into the bottle cage like what Ravi has. Bike looks quite slick like that.

Tool case like this: https://www.amazon.in/Outgeek-Cyclin...615540&sr=8-17

Guess it will still be a PIA to take that out and then the phone. Hmm.

Sebring, all the rockbros stuff is available on eBay man, with free shipping to India.

Last edited by Red Liner : 18th July 2021 at 19:11.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 20:01   #6128
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Ravi,

Where did you get the bottle cage tool bag from? Any link or store? Is it Rockbros?
@Red Liner I got it from ebay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/402629506985?). I am not sure if it really is a cateye product (it is not listed on the cateye website) but the quality is good. But it would be difficult to fit a mobile in it, especially if you have stuffed it with the other things (inner tube, patch kit, multitool, tyre levers etc). There are some reviews on youtube from Indonesia, check it out. If you want it mainly for storing the mobile, a fanny pack is a better option since you don't like jersey pockets.

Quote:
all the rockbros stuff is available on eBay man, with free shipping to India.
True, I've been experimenting with Aliexpress alternatives since the ban and ebay seems to be okay. Prices are slightly higher than AE but still lesser than purchasing stuff locally.

Last edited by itisravi : 18th July 2021 at 20:02.
itisravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 21:23   #6129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
I have been visiting one Mr. Sanjay Satpute for getting my hybrid bicycle serviced since a couple of years.
I had my bicycle serviced from him as he lives bang opposite my house, on the other side of Karve Road. He was knowledgeable and helpful. He charged me INR 1,000/- for the service and some 50-60 additional, for some replaced parts. I liked the way he has tuned the gears, after the service; they shift pretty smoothly. However; only one thing was a fly in the ointment, although at this point I cannot definitively confirm; if the servicing he has done caused any problem.

Today morning while descending Katraj ghat, my front brake cable slipped from the caliper. I had to descend on my rear disc brake only and engine (leg) braking by putting it in 3 (front) and 7 (rear) (biggest/smallest gears)

I have to thank my lucky stars that I didn't crash anywhere or into anything. It happened when I had descended almost 50-60% of the ghat and nothing much that I could do there. It's a crazy feeling when you are descending at a high speed and your brakes suddenly go spongy. All kinds of thoughts run through your mind; on what can go wrong! Why did I mention this incident here? That's because I remember when picking up my cycle from him, some 3-4 days ago; I had mentioned to him that there was a lot of play in the lever. However, he said he didn't find any problem with the brakes.

I went straight to his workshop from the ride and the cycle is with him now. I will update here once he manages to repair it. The problem was diagnosed to worn down threads on the screw which holds the cable as well as internal threads on the caliper hole through which the screw is tightened.

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 18th July 2021 at 21:26.
Old 18th July 2021, 21:39   #6130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisravi View Post
True, I've been experimenting with Aliexpress alternatives since the ban and ebay seems to be okay. Prices are slightly higher than AE but still lesser than purchasing stuff locally.
This is the normal.ebay or like ebay uk you have an eBay India as well?

They bill you in rupees and ship to India?

What about customs and shipping typically?

Please help with details.
Old 18th July 2021, 21:42   #6131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
This is the normal.ebay or like ebay uk you have an eBay India as well?

They bill you in rupees and ship to India?

What about customs and shipping typically?

Please help with details.
Ebay.com. sign up and start ordering. You need an international credit card or paypal to make usd payments. Just like AliExpress.

Such small ticket items, customs dont really care for the most part. Bigger ones, for sure.

Shipping is mentioned if free or standard rates apply. Choose your seller accordingly.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 21:47   #6132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ebay.com. sign up and start ordering. You need an international credit card or paypal to make usd payments. Just like AliExpress.

Such small ticket items, customs dont really care for the most part. Bigger ones, for sure.

Shipping is mentioned if free or standard rates apply. Choose your seller accordingly.
Ali Express I used to pay with my debit card. In rupees.

Except for a brief 2 years, I've never owned or used a credit card.

Last edited by ebonho : 18th July 2021 at 21:50.
Old 18th July 2021, 21:54   #6133
BHPian

What Red Liner said doc. Things usually ship by Yanwen/ Malaysia post etc. and eventually by India post (tracked) when it reaches India. This is for 10 to 20 USD items. I once ordered something under 5USD and it did not turn up but I applied for and got a refund. But I had this problem even with Ali for cheap (untracked) items.
itisravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 22:00   #6134
Senior - BHPian

This is good!

Do they sell tyres?!!??? I'm only getting Ralson for my road bike. Desperate times man. Even Decathlon does not have tyres.
Old 19th July 2021, 06:44   #6135
BHPian

While I can't vouch if they are original, I do see road tyres, doc.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274434416661?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/265002375561?
Whether you'll have to pay duty or not for these higher priced items depends on your luck I guess.
itisravi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed