Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2022, 15:25   #6811
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
I bought a used electric commute bike, since, in the Netherlands, that is the most wise thing to do.
Many congratulations aneezan on laying your hands on this beauty. This looks to be a classic piece of engineering. How much did it cost you and what's the price of a new one?
Old 1st February 2022, 15:43   #6812
BHPian

Congrats aneezan. The battery is nicely integrated with the tube.
How does this work? You have to pedal all the time like any bicycle and the motor provides some boost as long as the battery exists?

Last edited by papr23 : 1st February 2022 at 15:46.
Old 1st February 2022, 17:45   #6813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Many congratulations aneezan on laying your hands on this beauty. This looks to be a classic piece of engineering. How much did it cost you and what's the price of a new one?
Thanks Autoindian. I got it at € 300. A new one of this class would be upwards of € 2000. The basic Decathlon electric starts from € 800. Dutch brands Sparta/Batavus/Gazelle would probably start from €1600 onwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papr23 View Post
Congrats aneezan. The battery is nicely integrated with the tube.
How does this work? You have to pedal all the time like any bicycle and the motor provides some boost as long as the battery exists?
Yes, you have to still pedal like a normal bicycle, but the amount of effort is much lower (for the same speed)in comparison. On flats, you just need to rotate your legs. For small climbs, change to POWER mode and the same effort is enough.
This bike is not for long/endurance rides.
aneezan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 18:39   #6814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Thanks Autoindian. I got it at € 300. A new one of this class would be upwards of € 2000. The basic Decathlon electric starts from € 800. Dutch brands Sparta/Batavus/Gazelle would probably start from €1600 onwards.
Vow, super. That's a steal deal You got it at 1/7th of the cost of a new bike. How many gears does it have? Is it easier to shift the power modes to adopt to the road gradient or easier to shift gears?
Old 2nd February 2022, 14:11   #6815
BHPian

Hi all,
A few weeks ago a good friend of mine bought this MTB from the Orbea Stable MX 27 or something I’m not clearly aware of the exact model. I was trying to make him purchase a Road Bike. But he was totally convinced that he wants a comfortable MTB with good gearset and decently specked out. Last weekend we had switched our rides for our usual coffee ride to Matunga. I have been riding my roadie for almost 4 years now and trust me MTB is the way to go. The suspension is so plush and well done even the Highway ride felt better on the Orbea than it does on my Specialized. I guess I can forego a few km/hr avg pace for that comfort. I was anyways planning on getting another bike. Should I go for a TT bike or go with an MTB is still a big question that’s unanswered for me. The Bicycles thread-83679f51234f4a738f0a0ec1cff02824.jpeg
BikeDevil44 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 11:54   #6816
Senior - BHPian

Had brush with covid-19 for the second time and was out of action for more than a week. When can I get back onto the saddle? I do feel a wee bit tired and foggy.
Though honestly the first time (last year) was much more painful and draining.
amol4184 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 12:13   #6817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Had brush with covid-19 for the second time and was out of action for more than a week. When can I get back onto the saddle? I do feel a wee bit tired and foggy.
@Amol, sad to know that the third wave has hit you as well, but then happy for you that you have recovered quickly. This third wave of Covid-19, although was very contagious, it was not that harmful & it pushed its victims out of action for not more than a week. Even I suffered in the second week of Jan, but was back to my routine of running and cycling immediately after a week. You can start with small rides 10-15kms and that too when it's bright and sunny outside (10-11am is the best time). This way you can get a lot of vitamin-D and feel energetic throughout the day. Sufficient hydration is equally important. Nowadays I make it a point to have a walk (4-5kms) or a short ride (10-15 kms) around the 10-11am time window, so that I can get good dose of vitamin-D. This despite of doing some activity/workouts early in the morning.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 12:16   #6818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let your HR guide you.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 13:46   #6819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Even I suffered in the second week of Jan, but was back to my routine of running and cycling immediately after a week. You can start with small rides 10-15kms and that too when it's bright and sunny outside (10-11am is the best time). This way you can get a lot of vitamin-D and feel energetic throughout the day. Sufficient hydration is equally important. Nowadays I make it a point to have a walk (4-5kms) or a short ride (10-15 kms) around the 10-11am time window, so that I can get good dose of vitamin-D. This despite of doing some activity/workouts early in the morning.
Good to know. I was thinking of starting morning walks + cycling later. I usually go out much later than most cyclists here (9-930AM) any way. Want to get back at the earliest as I really enjoy that time. Last two months have taken a toll on cycling, missing 800km goal both times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Let your HR guide you.
Cheers, Doc
I am back to work as of yesterday, the HR wouldn't give 2 hoots about me. Its all corporate bs that they care about people
amol4184 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 13:49   #6820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am back to work as of yesterday, the HR wouldn't give 2 hoots about me. Its all corporate bs that they care about people
Lol I don't know if you're joking or serious

I meant Heart Rate.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 13:53   #6821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Lol I don't know if you're joking or serious

I meant Heart Rate.

Cheers, Doc
Wow I was serious. HR as in yes, you guessed it. Thanks for a chuckle. I needed it! You can see how out of touch I am in just one week or so.

The "HR" seems okay but I did notice shortness of breath when I climbed stairs today. Nothing new, these are my daily stairs in the home to go to second floor. Usually I cross them in 3-4 big flights and be okay but not today.

Last edited by amol4184 : 4th February 2022 at 13:54.
amol4184 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 15:08   #6822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow I was serious. HR as in yes, you guessed it. Thanks for a chuckle. I needed it! You can see how out of touch I am in just one week or so.

The "HR" seems okay but I did notice shortness of breath when I climbed stairs today. Nothing new, these are my daily stairs in the home to go to second floor. Usually I cross them in 3-4 big flights and be okay but not today.
Get a HR strap. And keep track of your HR during your common loops. Also your resting HR first thing in the morning before moving around.

It takes about a month to three depending on person to person before your HR stabilizes.

Do not push till it does. Go slow and relaxed pace. Short distances. Ramp up very conservatively.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 16:05   #6823
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant video. Speaks my mind. Am sure my buddy @ringoism would concur!

Just FYI, I've rarely bought a new motorcycle (2) or cycle (1) for myself.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 10:26   #6824
Senior - BHPian

I really like this guy man. For someone so relatively young, he's got a refreshingly old school head on him when it comes to working on bikes.

Worthy low cost upgrades to your bikes in the age of Corona.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 11:08   #6825
Senior - BHPian

Nice video by bike fit guru Neil Stanbury (sp?) On Bar Tilt and Hood Angle.

He and Bike Fit James (on the Francis Cade vlog) are ones I've learned tons from.

Here is my current setup of bar and hoods (and yes, the tape will get replaced ... eventually )

The Bicycles thread-img_20220209_105812.jpg

The Bicycles thread-img_20220209_105459.jpg

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks