Team-BHP - The Bicycles thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bicycles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bicycles/)
-   -   The Bicycles thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bicycles/20785-bicycles-thread-70.html)

Friends, just an update if any of you have passed the word. Its SOLD through the bikeszone ad. That was pretty quick considering it as a weekday :)

Hey folks! Could anyone suggest me a good 'hybrid' cycle for under 10k? Any reviews Firefox Target?

Quote:

Originally Posted by theragingbull (Post 2572683)
Hey folks! Could anyone suggest me a good 'hybrid' cycle for under 10k? Any reviews Firefox Target?

Zohaib , In that price range the only Hybrid you would get is Hercules Act 110 . Its considered a pretty good bike .

If you're willing to strech your budget then your choices would be Schwinn Sporterra , followed by schwinn searcher etc ...

My first post in this thread :) .Just bought myself a 2012 Cannondale Trail 6 for 26 K INR including accessories .

Quote:

Originally Posted by tifosikrishna (Post 2494909)
I have done 2265kms in 53 days and have lost just 1.5kgs... envy you.... :D

:D Haha .Couldnt help laughing when I read this .I had lost around 6 kgs in 4 months by jogging and then gained 10 kgs in the next 3 months as i stopped jogging .

Is anyone here using a bike computer ? I have ordered this Buy Count 8 Wireless Online - Bike Computers - Cycling - Sports - Btwin - Decathlon

And ,what tire pressures do you maintain ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsatya (Post 2576268)
Is anyone here using a bike computer ? I have ordered this Buy Count 8 Wireless Online - Bike Computers - Cycling - Sports - Btwin - Decathlon

The mentioned one is good. I bought Count 4 which is wired one. Though I just bought it yesterday along with my RockRider onlyclap:, I have known people's +ve review on the product.

Will post pics shortly.

Tyre pressure will be written on the wall of tyres also. For mine it's 55 PSI.

Thanks,
Pradip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsatya (Post 2576268)

This one seems good. I have been using a basic version of Decathlons wireless comp and has held up well for 1.5yrs.

Dear All,

Ever heard of awesome Bangalore Bicycling Championships? here is your chance to participate.

BikesZone - Cycling • View topic - BBCh10|20th Nov|0730 IST|Off Road Race|Hesarghatta

We have an offroad race coming up this Sunday at Hesarghatta. You can find the details in above link. Please do join. Its lot of fun. You can find loads of snaps in our enthusiast photographers website Veloscope | Facebook. If you cannot race do join us as volunteers and/or get your kiddies for an exciting kiddies race post the main race.

PS: There is no registration charge whatsoever however we encourage racers to put some amount in Vitamin M box available at race venue. This is to fund the ambulance + other race related expenses.

Akshay
bbch.in

Hi Folks,

Anyone in this forum ever carried a bicycle as checkin baggage from your international trip? Could you please explain your experience dealing with Customs in chennai?

If you every brought a bicycle from outside the country, did you use the cardboard box or you used the special purpose hard or soft cases made for bicycle transport, please through some light.

I'm thinking of Thule or Iron case

Thule*-*Thule BikeCase 836

Quote:

Originally Posted by trammway (Post 2585166)
Hi Folks,

Anyone in this forum ever carried a bicycle as checkin baggage from your international trip? Could you please explain your experience dealing with Customs in chennai?

Please check this thread BikesZone - Cycling • View topic - Customs duty

Many of my friends have brought bikes from outside. Carry the same box in which the bike came in. Mark the box as *fragile* if required. Hope this helps.

Akshay

Quote:

Originally Posted by trammway (Post 2585166)
Hi Folks,

If you every brought a bicycle from outside the country, did you use the cardboard box or you used the special purpose hard or soft cases made for bicycle transport, please through some light.

I'm thinking of Thule or Iron case

Thule*-*Thule BikeCase 836

You could speak to the venerable deepakvrao on BZ whose traveled alot with his Surly bikes and using a soft case.

I have been usig it and its dam good- for the price.

Note from Support:
Please run spell check before posting.
Thanks,
Support Team

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravi Kashyap (Post 2590320)
I have been usig it and its dam good- for the price.

Which is the brand and model you are using?

OK, finally I have circled my option to Trico Iron case.

The Bicycles thread-maincatironcase.png

Picture taken from manufacture's website and all credits and copyrights belongs to them. Courtesy: Tricosports