Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2021, 14:34   #5251
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Did another ride to a nearby dam today. 55km round trip to Jadhavwadi dam near Induri, Talegaon. I am trying to do a cycle ride to one dam or water body every weekend
Excellent! A man after my own heart!

I was doing that back during the monsoon season (posts & pics here) - turns out Maharashtra has loads of these waterbodies lying around!

Good show boss! Keep it up!

-------------------------------

Riders,
Putting up my Rockrider up for 'adoption' in Chennai. Would be happy if it works for any wannabe cyclists. Details on the giveaway thread.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 16:58   #5252
BHPian

Hi everyone, was looking to buy a used foldable cycle for my wife (sub 20” tires) just to get her to learn. Something like the Btwin Tilt. If any of you know of or have one to let go, would be happy to connect. Let me know pls. Thx in advance.
Old 31st January 2021, 18:18   #5253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin Bhatt View Post
Hi everyone, was looking to buy a used foldable cycle for my wife (sub 20” tires) just to get her to learn. Something like the Btwin Tilt. If any of you know of or have one to let go, would be happy to connect. Let me know pls. Thx in advance.
Learning on a folding cycle my be difficult than a regular one. The geometry of small wheeled cycle will be more difficult if one is learning. My advice will be to stick with regular ones first. You may even rent it.
ani_meher is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 19:24   #5254
BHPian

Quote:
Hope she is fine with a foldable bike. I believe here in India foldable bikes are still in its infancy. It does not look normal. People will sport a weird look. That might make your wife uncomfortable. Except Btwin (Chinese made ?), most of them are imported ones (from England ?) and are very expensive. That said, they are very easy to transport.

The Bicycles thread-bestelectricfoldingbikes.jpg

Here is one GCN video with foldable bike.

amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 19:25   #5255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Fellow cyclists, need help!

Due to winter and late sunrises, cycling has been irregular for me for last few weeks. Mostly 1 or 2 short rides per week only. But last 2 weekend rides (different weeks) have given me pain in the muscles. To be precise, both times I developed pain in the muscles which are on the rear side of knee, midway through the ride. The rides weren't very long. Just 50-70 kms. On the last ride I developed pain at around 20 km mark only.

I never faced pain in this part of the body during my last 5/6 years of riding. Nowadays I drink enough water with enerzal etc. so don't think it is related dehydration. I don't know what do they call these muscles in medical jargon. Any idea what could be the issue and what changes I might have to do?
Hello Shipnil, sad to know about your pain. I have never experienced this myself so can't share any personal experience, however did some googling and it revealed some useful info, as quoted below. Courtesy ---> https://www.healthline.com/health/pain-in-back-of-knee

Quote:
5. Gastrocnemius tendonitis (calf strain)
The gastrocnemius muscle and the soleus muscle make up your calf, which is the back of your lower leg. These muscles help you bend your knee and point your toes.

Any sport that requires you to quickly go from a standing position to a run — like tennis or squash — can strain or tear the gastrocnemius muscle. You’ll know that you’ve strained this muscle by the sudden pain it causes in the back of your leg.

Other symptoms include:

pain and swelling in the calf
bruising in the calf
trouble standing on tiptoe
The pain should subside depending on the size of the tear. Resting, elevating the leg, and icing the injured area will help it heal faster.
Couple of suggestions, may be you are already doing this but no harm in repeating these:
1. Do some warm up before you start cycling. Tadasan, Tiryak Tadasan, Konasan, Suryanamaskars etc are good exercises to remove the stiffness and relax your muscles before you venture out on a long ride.
2. Try using knee supports during your rides. A variety of them available on Amazon or your local sports shop. My left knee pains at times and having the knee support on long rides definitely helps.
3. As suggested above do an ice message or a message with sesame oil (Til ka tel), before you go to bed.
4. If you are not doing regular exercise throughout the week and doing long rides only on weeks ends, then this may put additional stress on your leg muscles. Hence would suggest light jogging, stair case climbing or rope skipping on week days, so that your legs get accustomed to increased blood flow.

Hope this helps.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 20:10   #5256
BHPian

Hero Royal - Godown Find & NOS Review

Hero Royal is a Roadster Cycle. Uniqueness of this cycle lies in the Build Quality, Thin Barrel Hubs & Double Cradle Hinged Metallic Brakes.

These are some of the things / features which cannot be seen in current Roadster Cycles.We believe this Model is No more in Production.

But we could find it with a dealer & In our Quest to find something unique, we came across this cycle at a Cycle Dealership.

We reviewed this bike, Since, these bikes are rarely seen nowadays.You Guys enjoy the Video detailed review & trivia around the cycle.

Link:
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 21:33   #5257
Senior - BHPian

Whats there to learn? I'm very comfortable on my Giant Expressway
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Learning on a folding cycle my be difficult than a regular one. The geometry of small wheeled cycle will be more difficult if one is learning. My advice will be to stick with regular ones first. You may even rent it.
Attached Images

Old 2nd February 2021, 12:15   #5258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Whats there to learn? I'm very comfortable on my Giant Expressway
OP mentioned that his wife was to learn on this bicycle, hence my comment.

Quote:
Hi everyone, was looking to buy a used foldable cycle for my wife (sub 20” tires) just to get her to learn.
ani_meher is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 18:47   #5259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Learning on a folding cycle my be difficult than a regular one.
Absolutely, bigger the wheels better control you have. It also makes balancing easier since due to weight stability is better.
Folding cycles are heavy, unless you shell out a good amount to buy an expensive one.

As mentioned by Ani, its best to stick to regular ones with ladies frame.
Old 3rd February 2021, 07:47   #5260
Senior - BHPian

These guys are terrible. They're sitting on my payment for weeks (bike cleaner) without dispatch. No replies to emails, nor do they pick up the phone. Scary stuff. Wish I heeded to your caution
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
choosemybicycle online store. I got it from them. (caution : they were a bit lethargic with status update, after writing a mail everything was prompt. Shipped as per the commitment)
Old 3rd February 2021, 08:26   #5261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
These guys are terrible. They're sitting on my payment for weeks (bike cleaner) without dispatch. No replies to emails
I will PM you the mail id’s I escalated . It worked for me .

edit : please check your PM .

Last edited by greyhound82 : 3rd February 2021 at 08:36.
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 09:41   #5262
BANNED

There is a shop here which assembles cycles, and I'm considering one. I find the 700C 32 tyres attractive because most other brands have 35/40 tyres. They have almost identical models. Difference lies in the drive train. The cheaper one uses Altus drive train with M310 / 370 components. The more expensive one uses Tourney drive train with freewheel and couple of other components from Sunrun. I have not seen the bikes or talked to them yet.

I first want to know, will this make a difference in ride. Comfort? It will be mostly be used by my children who are entering teens, and usage will be 10 - 15 km per week for them.

Is the 5 - 6k price difference worth it?

Both are 3 x 8 shifting.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 11:25   #5263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
The cheaper one uses Altus drive train with M310 / 370 components. The more expensive one uses Tourney drive train with freewheel and couple of other components from Sunrun. I have not seen the bikes or talked to them yet.

Both are 3 x 8 shifting.

It's the other way around. Altus is higher than Tourney.

Can't comment on the price difference until I at least see a photo of both bikes, if not the detailed specs of all components.

What is the price being quoted of each bike?

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 11:54   #5264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
... I find the 700C 32 tyres attractive because most other brands have 35/40 tyres. They have almost identical models. Difference lies in the drive train...

I first want to know, will this make a difference in ride. Comfort? It will be mostly be used by my children who are entering teens, and usage will be 10 - 15 km per week for them.

In my view, Kids are generally tougher than adults and don't care about seat comfort. Unless they are specifically looking for a comfortable cycle. Kids generally prefer macho looking, bulky MTB style bikes. It is the grown ups and those who want to ride long distance prefer road bike / hybrid style bikes.

A wider tyre (MTB style) is generally more comfy than a narrow tyre. However, a wider tyre is more for off-road use and tiring for road use. Advantage of narrow tyre is, they can ride for long distance with less effort.

Regarding the price difference, check the groupset price online. In general, going for higher groupset is always good.

I suggest you to go the shop with your kid and decide.

Shimano MTB / Hybrid groupset:
Name:  Shimano mtb.PNG
Views: 750
Size:  161.9 KB
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 14:01   #5265
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
It's the other way around. Altus is higher than Tourney.

What is the price being quoted of each bike?
Thanks for the response. Price for Altus one is 20k. The serial nos pre-date 2018, when I checked Shimano's product archive (not found in current line up and back till 2018)

The Tourney is 25odd. Other option right now is the Scott Sub Cross 30/40/50 2021 or Bergamont's Helix 2021 - both expected hopefully in March.

I also feel ok settling for something weighting 14 -15 kg @ 25k against 35-37k for 12 - 14kg weight. Not sure of the helix's weight.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks