Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2020, 11:50   #1
BHPian

Indian Roads for cycling in loops

I have taken up 100 day cycling challenge on tour de 100 (Link) and was looking for good and safe roads for cycling, where in we can do loops.
Below is one such I came across in Hyderabad, which has good roads as well as less traffic especially on a sunday morning.
I know there are many cycling enthusiasts on this forum. They may please add more such loops so that other riders also can enjoy their ride with safety.

Indian Roads for cycling in loops-nallagandlaisbgachebowli.jpg

Link for GMaps : Nallagandla-ISB-Gachebowli

Request to Mods : I could not find a relevant thread. May please move to it if already available.
coolmind is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 13:51   #2
BHPian

re: Indian Roads for cycling in loops

Great to see another person who has signed up for the Tourde 100. I have as well ! All the best. Strava gives some suggestions and your local cycling clubs will have some standard routes as well.
sjcherian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 07:29   #3
BHPian

Re: Indian Roads for cycling in loops

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
Great to see another person who has signed up for the Tourde 100. I have as well ! All the best. Strava gives some suggestions and your local cycling clubs will have some standard routes as well.
Thanks and all the best Sushil.
On Strava, explore routes is under paid section and segments, which is free to all is of shorter distances. Hence started this thread so that we can get better inputs.

Would be helpful if it can be in below format:
City -
Loop Distance -
Loop connection points -
Link to Google Map -
coolmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 16:02   #4
Team-BHP Support

I wanted to take up this challenge, but backed out because after taking into account my tight schedule. Anyway, those staying in Mumbai and considering taking this challenge up, here's a loop you can follow. It's free of autorickshaws (being South Bombay) and metro construction work and relatively safe. It consists of flats, climbs, and descents on tar and concrete surfaces.

City- Mumbai
Loop Distance - 27 km
Loop connection points - Worli Seaface (North End), Priyadarshini Park, Walkeshwar, NCPA (Nariman Point), Wilson College, Gamdevi, August Kranti Maidan, Kemp's Corner, Peddar Road, Haji Ali, Worli Seaface (North End).
Link to Google Map - https://www.google.com/maps/dir/19.0...a=!4m2!4m1!3e0

Indian Roads for cycling in loops-map-mumbai-loop.jpg
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 17:06   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmind View Post
I have taken up 100 day cycling challenge on tour de 100 (Link) and was looking for good and safe roads for cycling, where in we can do loops.
Just came across TourDe 100. It looks like the registrations are still open. I will also consider signing up. I used to do 100kms ride until 2018, and still have my trusty Trek 7.1 in usable condition. Thanks for this post!

I have a Garmin Vivoactive 3 watch. When I checked last (few years back!), I couldn't synch up the activities in Strava.

Does TourDe 100 only accept data from Strava?
Old 21st October 2020, 18:12   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Just came across TourDe 100. It looks like the registrations are still open. I will also consider signing up. I used to do 100kms ride until 2018, and still have my trusty Trek 7.1 in usable condition. Thanks for this post!

I have a Garmin Vivoactive 3 watch. When I checked last (few years back!), I couldn't synch up the activities in Strava.

The auto import is from Strava and Garmin says the website - there is some manual method but that is painful to do on a daily basis. Might be worth checking on fixing the sync issue with the Garmin.

Do join - 3 days in for me - so far so good.
sjcherian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 20:46   #7
BHPian

Quote:

Do join - 3 days in for me - so far so good.
Joined! Found few more forum members in Hyd who have signed up as well. And, also found you on Strava (No, I am not a stalker...).
Old 21st October 2020, 20:50   #8
BHPian

Great I have followed you back as well. Am easy to find
sjcherian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 09:34   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post

There are many other ways. But Strava & Garmin are found to be the best.
Manual upload on daily basis is a difficult task.
Iam using Strava and is pretty easy.
All the best. I could not find you on Strava. :(

Last edited by coolmind : 26th October 2020 at 09:36.
Old 26th November 2020, 01:08   #10
BHPian

Nice to see Tourde group on this forum. I'm a participate as well, anyone from Bangalore?

Last edited by lateshnair : 26th November 2020 at 01:11.
Old 5th December 2020, 10:31   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateshnair View Post
Nice to see Tourde group on this forum. I'm a participate as well, anyone from Bangalore?
I'm in Indiranagar and would love to participate if someone is around. Looking to get back to cycling after 2 years off the saddle.
Old 8th February 2021, 20:49   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin_murali View Post
I'm in Indiranagar and would love to participate if someone is around. Looking to get back to cycling after 2 years off the saddle.
Cool. Tourde is finished now. Am a regular rider. If you're using STRAVA app, you can find me on it. Lets follow each other and keep each other motivated.

Cheers!
Old 6th August 2021, 15:39   #13
BHPian

Here are some routes around South Chennai and its suburbs along ECR and OMR. Since I stay in Sholingnallur, I have used it as the start point. These are some of the routes that I have already traveled with a group of riders.

1. The 33km loop - Sholinganallur - OMR - Kelambakkam - Kovalam - ECR - Sholinganallur.

USP - You get to see the Muttukkadu Back waters with its flocks of Grey Pelicans all through the year and a lot of other migratory water birds during the Nov-Mar season

Indian Roads for cycling in loops-shollskovalamloop-33.4kms.png

2. The 50 km loop - Sholinganallur - OMR - Kelambakkam - Tirupporur - Nemmeli Buckingham Canal Bridge - Kovalam - ECR - Sholinganallur.

USP - a great view from the bridge - especially if you are there at the time of sunrise. A lot of waterbirds

Indian Roads for cycling in loops-shollsnemmeliloop50kms.png

3. The 75 km loop (the Pongal Vada loop) - Sholinganallur - OMR - Kelambakkam - Tirupporur - Mahabs - Kovalam - ECR - Sholinganallur.

USP - A great coastal ride between Mahabs and Kelambakkam, you can also visit Mahabs if you detour a few kms. Superb Pongal Vada at old Mamalla Restaurant near Mahabs bus terminus.

Indian Roads for cycling in loops-shollstporurmahabssholls75kms.png

4. The great 100k loop - - Sholinganallur - OMR - Kelambakkam - Tirupporur - Chengalpattu - Thirukkazhunkundram - Mahabs - Kovalam - ECR - Sholinganallur.

USP - A roller coaster ride due to the gradients between Thirupporur and Chengalpattu, Thirukkazhunkundram and Mahabs, ECR Scenic ride, Rolling fields of paddy and other crops during the year end after the NE monsoon.
Indian Roads for cycling in loops-shollscglpetmahabssholls108kms.png
cnaganathan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks