Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2021, 11:19   #1
BHPian

The Bicycle Luggage Thread

This thread has some awesome pics of bikes and surroundings.

Well, I realized that I don't have any nice pics taken recently, got hold of few random pics from the past. Here we go.

Cheers,
narayanang76

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-img_20200216_113225.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 1st August 2021 at 11:33.
narayanang76 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 12:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Post pictures of your Bicycle on day trips here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
This thread has some awesome pics of bikes and surroundings.

Well, I realized that I don't have any nice pics taken recently, got hold of few random pics from the past. Here we go.

Cheers,
narayanang76
Narayan which touring saddlebags are those. Can you share a link and details please, including the price.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 12:24   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Narayan which touring saddlebags are those. Can you share a link and details please, including the price.
'Trek N Ride' available on Amazon India. Price is around 1200 INR.

Link: https://www.amazon.in/TREK-RIDE-Cang...7627815&sr=8-1
narayanang76 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 12:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
'Trek N Ride' available on Amazon India. Price is around 1200 INR.

Link: https://www.amazon.in/TREK-RIDE-Cang...7627815&sr=8-1
Wow. I was thinking of the same one, over the higher priced ones on Ali Express. Forget the name Something Boler ...

Can you share your feedback of usage, utility, and quality/durability please. Here or on the mega thread. Would be truly appreciated!

Does it swing a lot off saddle? How stable is it?

Cheers, Doc
Old 31st July 2021, 18:57   #5
Team-BHP Support

re: The Bicycle Luggage Thread

Bicycle Luggage - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 20:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow. I was thinking of the same one, over the higher priced ones on Ali Express. Forget the name Something Boler ...

Can you share your feedback of usage, utility, and quality/durability please. Here or on the mega thread. Would be truly appreciated!

Does it swing a lot off saddle? How stable is it?

Cheers, Doc
Narayan replied to me on PM later off the Photos thread, sharing his feedback below (with your permission Narayan) :

I bought it for the purpose of carrying items for some long rides i had planned earlier. I did 2 Bangalore to Mysore rides (350 kms in 2 days) and one one Bangalore to Kerala (one way) ride (465 km in 2 days). Had used this bag during those rides and it's quite good from my experience.

I carried cycling clothes for a day, extra pair of tires and tubes, puncture kit etc. Bottles, pump etc are mounted on my frame. I also had a top tube bad where I carried some snacks, electrolytes, and a power bank.

The bag stays in its position, through out and you will get the hang of it in no time. Just one thing to take care while packing, we need to push things inside so tight and then close the bag so that it doesn't sag from the top side. If we keep it so tight, the bag will stay hard like a stick and no issues thereafter.

Hope it helps.

Cheers
Narayanang76

Addendum:

How waterproof is the bag Narayan. Have you used it in the rains?

Cheers, Doc

No I haven't used it in the rains, but it has a waterproof liner inside, a florescent color additional layer, which I assume takes care of waterproofing. I haven't got a chance to test it though.

Cheers, Narayan

Last edited by ebonho : 31st July 2021 at 20:19.
ebonho is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 20:47   #7
BHPian

I use BTwin panniers for touring. They are 2x15Lt and sufficient for 7-9 days tour. You will be left with some space in it if you pack it right. In my last tour, I have squeezed my wife's luggage as well in it and she travelled without any bags! I bought it for ~Rs1500 from Decathlon 10 years back. It lasted nearly 4000km of touring before the plastic lining turned brittle. It is not waterproof but resistant to light rains. I once rode in heavy rain and water seeped in. I pack my luggage in plastic covers for all my tours so waterproof bags is not a hard requirement for me.
I use the space in between the panniers to place my SLR bag. Nikon's bag is rectangular and sits well in the space. I also keep my mobile phone, few bananas and some cash in it for easy access. This way there is no need for a saddle/handlebar/frame bag while touring.
The Bicycle Luggage Thread-dsc_0345.jpg

If you are keen to tour and not sure if you want to buy panniers, you can just place your backpack on the carrier and fasten it with bungee cords. Accessing things like cash or puncture kit or quick eats will be cumbersome.
The Bicycle Luggage Thread-30_surajtal.jpg

For my regular rides in the city I use a Zixtro saddle bag. I have bought it from The Bike Affair, Hyderabad. It is made with a plasticky material so it is waterproof. Big enough to place my phone and puncture kit in it. If it gets dirty I can just wash it under a tap quickly.
The Bicycle Luggage Thread-311dppkilll.jpg
papr23 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 06:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by papr23 View Post
I use BTwin panniers for touring.

If you are keen to tour and not sure if you want to buy panniers, you can just place your backpack on the carrier and fasten it with bungee cords. Accessing things like cash or puncture kit or quick eats will be cumbersome.
@Papr which tyres are those on your bike? The tread looks remarkably the same as my GRL Standard Edge's.

Cheers, Doc
Old 1st August 2021, 09:17   #9
BHPian

Quote:
@Papr which tyres are those on your bike? The tread looks remarkably the same as my GRL Standard Edge's.

Cheers, Doc
Not sure, doc. It is an old pic. Bontrager maybe.
I think the direction of the tread seems to be wrong
The tip of the V should be pointing forward?
Old 1st August 2021, 11:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by papr23 View Post
Not sure, doc. It is an old pic. Bontrager maybe.
I think the direction of the tread seems to be wrong
The tip of the V should be pointing forward?
Yup.

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-img_20210729_135641.jpg

It's an excellent road tread for fast rolling.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 11:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

Any leads on the small bag that goes on to the frame? This to hold phone, wallet, key tool, and other small tidbits.
I have one bought from Amazon (Grabmount) which does not stay in place even with fully tightened straps.
The fault is with how those straps are attached to body. The bag basically sags to the opposite side of the strap's velcro's direction. Meaning the straps go from right to left, and bag keeps going down the right side with even the slightest load in it. Forget keeping a small camera in it - it will hit your knee.
Besides the material. It can't retain the shape or form and crumples, looking hideous. I lament the decision of buying this thing.

I need something that stays firm in place and holds the shape.
Old 9th August 2021, 12:54   #12
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Bicycle Luggage Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
These are some of my bags. I have a nifty little handlebar bag that straps on to the front of the handlebar (between my cables and the handlebar) which later replaced that black top tube jugaad with zip ties that lasted many brevets and is still going strong. Has a transparent top pouch for the phone (which I use for my power banks), good padding inside, and I use it to carry all my electricals, zip ties, cables, and electrolyes, misc snacks. Bought it from Ali Express for some 300 odd bucks. I think its available on Amazon etc. here as well (much costlier). Taken an image off the net (green bag, exact same one I have) and attached it below.

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-img_20201204_095006.jpg

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-img_20210712_070648.jpg

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-img_20201204_112620.jpg

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-img_20180110_124538.jpg

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-img_20180515_091614.jpg

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-img_20180515_091627.jpg

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-img_20180515_092346.jpg

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-img_20180515_094019.jpg

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-img_20180608_221630.jpg

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-img_20180703_075727.jpg

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-img_20180705_080725.jpg

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-img_20180708_103741.jpg

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-image4.jpg

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 13:53   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These are some of my bags.
The triangular bag looks interesting. I bit the bullet on this one just now:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCKBROS-Wa.../401725200434?

I didn't find any knock offs of this design here. Looks like a good candidate to copy with demand for cycling stuff going through the roof.

Issue with eBay now a days is orders get canceled just before they get shipped. My H3 and P21 LED bulb sets have been canceled on two different occasions. It appears that the sellers accept the order and then realize India isn't accepting such post from China. Fingers crossed!
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 14:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The triangular bag looks interesting.
It's a serious bag. I would fit it only for a 200 or above. It used to have my air pressure dial gauge. Energy bars, chikkis, packed food in foil cubes, brevet card, money and debit card (there is a net pocket inside to keep stuff separate), spare AAA cells, an extra tube (one in the saddlebag), bigger stronger zip ties (you cannot have too many zip ties!), and as the food got less, the emptied space would be packed with bananas booght on the road, with the zip kept partly open on the top. Of course you cannot have this bag with the seat tube bottle cage so if you have one (I do not) you need to remove it. I used to carry water in my CamelBak so only needed one bottle for Fast n Up or some such electrolyte drink.

Last edited by ebonho : 9th August 2021 at 14:05.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 14:48   #15
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

Quote:
Any leads on the small bag that goes on to the frame? This to hold phone, wallet, key tool, and other small tidbits.
I have one bought from Amazon (Grabmount) which does not stay in place even with fully tightened straps.
The fault is with how those straps are attached to body. The bag basically sags to the opposite side of the strap's velcro's direction. Meaning the straps go from right to left, and bag keeps going down the right side with even the slightest load in it. Forget keeping a small camera in it - it will hit your knee.
Besides the material. It can't retain the shape or form and crumples, looking hideous. I lament the decision of buying this thing.

I bought this Golden Riders saddle bag around 6 months ago from Amazon for Rs 699/- (MRP-999/-). It has 3 straps, 2 at the front and one at the back. Fits tight, no sagging or unwanted sounds while going over rough roads. Also its made in India, with good quality material (lining), its water proof. Go for it.
The Bicycle Luggage Thread-whatsapp-image-20210210-2.27.27-pm.jpeg

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-whatsapp-image-20210210-2.36.58-pm.jpeg

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-whatsapp-image-20210210-2.37.38-pm.jpeg

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-whatsapp-image-20210210-2.59.25-pm.jpeg

The Bicycle Luggage Thread-whatsapp-image-20210210-2.59.34-pm.jpeg
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks