Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2022, 19:08   #16
BHPian

Re: Just another bikepacking travelogue | 2 friends on bicycles | Pune - Diveagar - Kashid - Alibag

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhbirST View Post
Congratulations for crossing the milestone of pedaling 31000kms during these 5 days. Riding for nearly 24 hours and gaining 10000 feet is no mean achievement. You guys are tough and blessed with strong will power. All the best for your future rides and thanks for sharing the journey with excellent photographs.
Thanks mate
Some will power is surely needed to continue
Appreciate you liked it

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
This is some intense riding because of the elevation gains. Even driving a car on Konkan roads feels taxing. Excellent tour!
Yes it can get taxing sometimes, but the psychological rewards are immense besides one gets to enjoy the terrain slowly, inch by inch, soak the nature & sometimes the wrath of weather too

Thanks for reading

Regards
2himanshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 21:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Just another bikepacking travelogue | 2 friends on bicycles | Pune - Diveagar - Kashid - Alibag

Amazing! What an achievement!

I frequently do Diveagar-Pune and Alibag-Pune on motorcycle or car and that itself is tests my patience, I am not even going to talk about the physical endurance required when cycling on this route which is full of uphill climbs and descents.
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 22:19   #18
BHPian

Thats some cycling feat, that too on a highway and elevations. This is quite inspiring. Hats off to you guys!!
anshuman_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 22:34   #19
BHPian

Congrats !! awesome feat .
No breakdowns on the way ?
Fillmore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 09:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Amazing! What an achievement!

I frequently do Diveagar-Pune and Alibag-Pune on motorcycle or car and that itself is tests my patience, I am not even going to talk about the physical endurance required when cycling on this route which is full of uphill climbs and descents.
Yes physical fitness is of utmost importance for endurance rides too many uphill sections & it was scorching hot after POSCO plant.

Thanks & regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
Thats some cycling feat, that too on a highway and elevations. This is quite inspiring. Hats off to you guys!!
Thanks Anshuman
Nice to connect with fellow cyclists on the forum
P.s. followed on Strava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Congrats !! awesome feat .
No breakdowns on the way ?
Thanks dear

Actually I ride my own bike and maintain it myself most of the time like many fellow cyclists, so know the general condition of it and changed the tyres & tubes beforehand. Thank god, no breakdowns this time, but they happen sometimes even on short rides near to home

Regards
2himanshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 07:52   #21
BHPian

Excellent 👍🏼
I didn’t realise road trips could be done so well on a MTB till now.
tatafanatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 14:57   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatafanatic View Post
Excellent ����
I didn’t realise road trips could be done so well on a MTB till now.
Thanks mate
I have gone through your threads. MTB is good on all surfaces, maybe slower than road bikes, but surprise bad sections or occasional getting down to road shoulders is less scary. Not to forget better rear view mirror positioning too.

Regards

Last edited by 2himanshu : 20th February 2022 at 14:59.
2himanshu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 16:47   #23

Nice. Inspiration for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Just another bikepacking travelogue | 2 friends on bicycles | Pune - Diveagar - Kashid - Alibag-img20211230085548.jpg  

Amlan Aditya Na is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 08:34   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlan Aditya Na View Post
Nice. Inspiration for me.
Thank you very much!

All cyclists are inspiration for each other

Happy and safe riding

Regards

P.s. sorry for the late reply

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks