Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2022, 16:10   #1
BHPian

A new electric bike at home - Riverside 920E

A short photo review of our new Electric Bike...

We bid farewell to the Sparta electric a couple of months ago. For a 6 year old bike, it had served the purpose very well. But the last few weeks, it developed some problems. The range reduced dramatically to about 25km on a full charge. Worse, the battery completely failed on a couple of short commutes and I had to heave(ride, but this is about 35kg) this very heavy bike a long way to the destination. Finally, put it up for sale and was picked up the next day.
More about the Sparta on this link:https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bicyc...ml#post5248393 (The Bicycles thread)
A new electric bike at home -  Riverside 920E-img_20220201_084805.jpg

And so, we got this:-
Riverside Original 920e(Grey Blue)
A new electric bike at home -  Riverside 920E-img_1004.jpg

Its an Unisex-Electric-Hybrid and can do upto 90km in a single charge
A new electric bike at home -  Riverside 920E-img_1005.jpg

Reasons for choosing this model were many. It is cheap(compared to other brands). Costs 1100 Euros. Maintenance is cheap at Decathlon. Build quality, though not comparable to Dutch(and european brands) is quite good. Was easy to ride for both myself and my wife. It also had a sporty riding position, which was preferred when compared to others in the price range which required an upright posture.
A new electric bike at home -  Riverside 920E-img_1006.jpg

Comes with front and rear Suntour Suspensions. Rides are smooth. The large tires further aid the ride quality. B'TWIN Trekking multi-purpose tires. Front wheel removable with quick release.
A new electric bike at home -  Riverside 920E-img_1009.jpg

B'TWIN ERGOFIT gel saddle. Comfortable for the commutes within town, and a little further.
A new electric bike at home -  Riverside 920E-img_1012.jpg

Transmission and Derailleurs is a mix of both Shimano and SRAM components. 7 Speed Shimano TZ500 cassette. Rear derailleur and Gear Levers are SRAM X3. So far, the shifts have been very smooth and quick. Haven't faced any skips or missed shifts.
A new electric bike at home -  Riverside 920E-img_1015.jpg
A new electric bike at home -  Riverside 920E-img_1014.jpg
A new electric bike at home -  Riverside 920E-img_1019.jpg

Handlebar setup: Kind-of in the middle: high, but not too laid-back as well, which suited our riding style. The screen is LCD, backlit. Display shows speed, total and trip distance, remaining range, assistance level. Also has USB connection to charge mobiles.
A new electric bike at home -  Riverside 920E-img_1018.jpg
A new electric bike at home -  Riverside 920E-img_1021.jpg

Powered by a 250 W motor at the rear wheel. Torque of upto 30Nm. Drive Assistance can be managed on the LCD screen. 3 levels available.
Level 1: battery assistance of up to 17km/hr. Range from about 90 to 100km.
Level 2: assistance to about 22km/hr. Range around 70km
Level 3: assistance to 26km/hr. Range around 45 to 50km.

The battery takes about 7 hours for a full charge. Can be unlocked and pulled out, hence easy to charge while at work(in office). Charger and cables provided too.

A new electric bike at home -  Riverside 920E-img_1023.jpg
A new electric bike at home -  Riverside 920E-img_1026.jpg
A new electric bike at home -  Riverside 920E-img_1028.jpg

Attached a seat(for my daughter) separately. Works well. Fixed this myself with the seat bought from another shop locally. Screwed-in the rear handle and tied-in the seat with tie cables. There is little to no movement and very comfortable for my daughter.
A new electric bike at home -  Riverside 920E-img_1016.jpg

Lock bought separately. Much needed in the Netherlands where bikes are hot property. No lock is "safe". I try not to leave my cycles in public for lengthy periods or at night.
A new electric bike at home -  Riverside 920E-img_1027.jpg

Thanks for reading, and happy riding/driving.
aneezan is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 18:50   #2
BHPian

Re: A new electric bike at home - Riverside 920E

Congrats on this buy. Netherlands is certainly one of the best country for cycling and it’s cyclers paradise with an entire infrastructure built around it.
I can understand why cycle is such a hot property in NL.
Do you intend to pedal for most part or use the electric motor for assistance?
harishpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 17:22   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Congratulations!

The Riverside 920E is a great bike from Decathlon - the best Electric Hybrid they make, IMO. Very ergonomic bike to ride (including the ergo handlebar grips), decent range and a trouble free motor. In all, a nice all rounder.

I had my eye on the Riverside 920E for a while but it was perpetually out of stock here in the UK. Eventually went for the Cube Kathmandu 500.

Cheers,
Praveen
51morris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 17:14   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Do you intend to pedal for most part or use the electric motor for assistance?
Thanks harishpr. The motor is enabled by pedaling. So, yes, you do have to keep pedaling, but with very low cadence. You can feel the motor pushing you within a second or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51morris View Post
Congratulations!

I had my eye on the Riverside 920E for a while but it was perpetually out of stock here in the UK. Eventually went for the Cube Kathmandu 500.

Cheers,
Praveen
Thanks Praveen. Difficult to get them here too.
Old 14th November 2022, 22:50   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post

We bid farewell to the Sparta electric a couple of months ago. For a 6 year old bike, it had served the purpose very well. But the last few weeks, it developed some problems. The range reduced dramatically to about 25km on a full charge. Worse, the battery completely failed on a couple of short commutes and I had to heave(ride, but this is about 35kg) this very heavy bike a long way to the destination. Finally, put it up for sale and was picked up the next day.
More about the Sparta on this link:https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bicyc...ml#post5248393 (The Bicycles thread)

And so, we got this:-
Riverside Original 920e(Grey Blue)

Its an Unisex-Electric-Hybrid and can do upto 90km in a single charge

Reasons for choosing this model were many. It is cheap(compared to other brands). Costs 1100 Euros. Maintenance is cheap at Decathlon. Build quality, though not comparable to Dutch(and european brands) is quite good. Was easy to ride for both myself and my wife. It also had a sporty riding position, which was preferred when compared to others in the price range which required an upright posture.

Thanks for reading, and happy riding/driving.
Congratulations on new ride and the special modification done for your daughter. I have got Riverside 900 Hybrid, and quite satisfied with the ride quality.
Shekhar9200 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 16:19   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekhar9200 View Post
Congratulations on new ride and the special modification done for your daughter. I have got Riverside 900 Hybrid, and quite satisfied with the ride quality.
Thank you. She rides with me at-least till when she is capable to ride the roads by herself.
My son rides the Riverside 900 as well.
aneezan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks