Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2020, 08:19   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Buying a New car with an Older manufacturing date

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNGHPRKSH View Post
1. Is it okay to proceed with this car?
Yes. 7 months is not too old. Are you getting any additional discount for old manufacturing date?

Quote:
2. What additional checks should I perform, I'm more concerned about the engine & body.
Check tyres and other plastic & rubber elements for cracks or discoloration. Apart from that a simple check of oil levels under the hood shall suffice. Change the engine oil once in the next 6 months to be on a safer side.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 08:34   #212

Thank you for the response, gives me little more confidence to proceed ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Yes. 7 months is not too old. Are you getting any additional discount for old manufacturing date?
I'm getting discount ~60k but it's not quoted as "for old stock". As getting a new stock was one of my conditions and sales guy actually brought a printed excel inventory sheet showing the earliest arrived stock of my colour & variant is billed 23 days ago (this happened a week ago).

Quote:
Check tyres and other plastic & rubber elements for cracks or discoloration. Apart from that a simple check of oil levels under the hood shall suffice. Change the engine oil once in the next 6 months to be on a safer side.
Everything looked okay to my untrained eyes, there was no specific discoloration I noticed and tyres looked okay. Might ask for an oil change on first service @2500 Kms.
SNGHPRKSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 16:10   #213
BHPian

Folks, I am considering a Skoda Superb and the dealer shared the VIN allocated to me today. The car is August-20. Have gone through this thread and doesn't look like an issue here, but wanted to check with the experts here if this duration is okay. Especially for this class of cars, where the rolling is limited.

Planning to go for a PDI tomorrow (the car was just brought to showroom over the past couple of days).

Any insights will be appreciated.
Old 4th December 2020, 18:48   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio80 View Post
Folks, I am considering a Skoda Superb.
Hi! First of all, congratulations on your purchase. Wishing you many happy miles with your car.

Since it is August 2020 manufactured, you shouldn't have any problem picking it up. Just ensure that the paintwork is perfectly normal (measured with a paint depth gauge) & check the manufacturing dates on the tyres. Also, check the odometer and follow the T-BHP checklist and you should be good to go.
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 19:49   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
(measured with a paint depth gauge) & check the manufacturing dates on the tyres. Also, check the odometer and follow the T-BHP checklist and you should be good to go.
Thanks for your wishes, Akash.

I don't have a paint gauge, hence that might not be possible. But will definitely check the tyre manufacturing dates, odometer and other checks on the checklist.

Thanks again.
Scorpio80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 01:46   #216
BHPian

Hi Folks - Seeking your expert opinion. Have paid booking amount for a Skoda Superb and today VIN was shared. It is a May2020 manufactured car. Should I be worried?

Also - dealership is saying that these were ordered last week and was just delivered yday, implying that Skoda is shipping out May manufactured cars.

Requesting your expert advice and guidance pls.

Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 11:37   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn View Post
Also - dealership is saying that these were ordered last week and was just delivered yesterday, implying that Skoda is shipping out May manufactured cars.
Hi! Try to ask your SA for the logbook/stock entry book for their yard. If the car has indeed been delivered yesterday, it should be just fine. Follow the T-BHP PDI checklist and you should be good to go.

If not, ask your SA to allot you a car from the newest batch of cars. If they refuse, try tweeting to Zac Hollis & Skoda management about it.
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 23:24   #218
bvk
BHPian

Hello All, this is my first post on the forum, and I hope I am posting in the right thread. Regarding buying old new cars, the current lot of VW Tigual Allspace have all been imported in March timeframe I think and that is the reason there are good discounts on offer now for the year end. Is it ok to buy one now considering they would all be lying in some stock yard till now?

Usually service is 15k kilometers or 1 year whichever is earlier, so if I buy now, should I as for first service in March 2021 instead of end of 2021?

Thank you for your inputs.
Old 7th January 2021, 18:53   #219
Senior - BHPian

Friends, I've been quoted 6.60 lakhs for a MY2021 Grand i10 Nios Magna after discounts. This showroom also has a 2 month old Nios in their yard for which they've given me a final price of 6.10 lakhs. I am in no hurry to purchase the car. Is it worth going for the 2020 manufactured car?
Old 7th January 2021, 19:15   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Friends, I've been quoted 6.60 lakhs for a MY2021 Grand i10 Nios Magna after discounts. This showroom also has a 2 month old Nios in their yard for which they've given me a final price of 6.10 lakhs. I am in no hurry to purchase the car. Is it worth going for the 2020 manufactured car?
50K is a decent saving. Will definitely take care of Wheels and ICE upgrade. Or it can take care of next 5-7 years of maintenance worries, if you intend to keep it for long. And if you keep it for longer, the market value will be of little difference when you decide to sell it.
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 10:39   #221

Hi team,

I have recently booked a Gi10 Nios Turbo after reading the reviews here at Team-Bhp. I decided to go for the 2020 model as it was readily available and also because I got a discount of about 70k. Of which 30k is the additional discount over the standard discount on the 2020 turbo model.

Now, after reading this thread, I reached out to the dealer to ask him for the manufacturing month. To my surprise, the manufacturing month is February 2020, but according to the dealer they received the vehicle in their stock in October 2020. The dealer said that this delay between the manufacturing date and the date it reached the dealer was because of the pandemic lockdown.

From the VIN number that the dealer shared I got this data from Hyundai’s website.
ARTICLE: Buying a New car with an Older manufacturing date-vindetails.png

The delivery date mentioned and the production date mentioned are so far apart!

I am now concerned if I should even go for this car or not. What do you guys think?
Old 14th March 2021, 09:21   #222

Hello Everyone,
Just came across this thread which I found quite informative. I have been on the lookout for a Used car since June last year ( Had brought a Used i10 Automatic in September, which already had been retro fitted with Lovato CNGkit ,this I got disposed off yesterday after learning to drive and fine tuning my skills). I had narrowed down on the Amaze AT last year before I brought the i10 and have again zeroed down on the Amaze AT again.
The point I want to make here is that I made a very interesting and disturbing observation that both the cars that I saw have been manufactured in March 2013 but have been registered in 2016 and 2015 respectively. On the RC book the manufacturing date is mentioned for March 2016 on the car that I had finalized last year and on the car that I just test drove yesterday it is mentioned as December 2015.
I just wanted to know whether this is done by the dealers or is there any chance of the consumer also having some say in it? The other question that comes to my mind is whether this is a routine practice with Honda dealers or I am plain unlucky both times.
As mentioned by the experts on this forum the 9th and 10th characters in the Chassis numbers are C & D in both the cars and both the numbers are from the exact same series with the last two numbers being some 31 numbers apart.
Now I would like your advice on whether I should proceed with the purchase of the car, I had abandoned the same last year after noticing the discrepancy. Kindly advise and also suggest what else I can check for in the car..
Thanks in advance
Old 21st May 2021, 12:42   #223
BHPian

Hi Experts,

Seeking your advice on whether it makes sense to buy a car Manufactured in December (with no additional discounts being offered)? I am thinking from the perspective of whether it will impact the resale value. Is even november date of manufacturing ok?

With the long lead times for delivery and uncertainty due to covid, i am worried if the delays cause it to slip into december, would it be alright to still take the delivery?

(Mods, kindly move it to appropriate thread if this is not the right forum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogthoughts View Post

From the VIN number that the dealer shared I got this data from Hyundai’s website.

The delivery date mentioned and the production date mentioned are so far apart!
Hi can you please share the link from the Hyundai website where you can find these details.

Last edited by ajmat : 21st May 2021 at 17:32.
Old 24th May 2021, 10:54   #224

HI,

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this message. Please let me know if there is another forum I can discuss this topic.

I have booked Thar 2020 HT Manual Aquamarine in Bangalore in Dec 2020 and the vehicle has reached the stockyard last week. I have received the VIN as well.

Due to financial constraints, I will not be able to proceed with the purchase. Wanted to know if any genuine buyers are looking for buying the vehicle. The registration will happen as soon as the lockdown is over. Please message me if you are genuinely interested in buying.

Thanks
Venkad
Old 28th September 2021, 21:44   #225
BHPian

Hi folks.

I am buying a new Honda and the VIN shared with me points that the car was manufactured in May '21 but was delivered to the dealer in July. Also, they have 2 units and I have been given the right to choose any one of the 2. Both are manufactured in May.

Is this an issue? Considering monsoons have also lashed delhi and the car was probably standing in the open.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks