Team-BHP - ARTICLE: Buying a New car with an Older manufacturing date
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Buying a New car with an Older manufacturing date (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/146123-article-buying-new-car-older-manufacturing-date-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by omprakashp (Post 3892158)
I met the manager at the Dealership today and he showed me the form 22 for the car which is showing the manufacturing date as 30th December 2015 and he said they received the car only on 1st January 2016.

I am confused as how there are two different manufacturing dates for the same car.

Could someone explain this please:

Regards
Om

Just get the VIN number of the car, you can use this info to check the VIN -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post2249672

Quote:

Originally Posted by omprakashp (Post 3891173)
Friends I have booked a Ford Aspire DCT (Titanium) and the dealer (Elite Ford, Bangalore) has given a VIN number MAJZXXMTKZFT12638 on checking the same i have found the following information at the etis ford website (https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do):

Primary Features
Build Date: 30.08.2015
Vehicle Line: B562

Here the manufacturing date is shown as 30th August 2015.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerohit (Post 3892157)
The Aspire is made in Gujarat, its possible that it can take a month to reach BLR, factor in other stuff like model/colour demand and it is normal to get a 3 months old car. Nothing wrong with that - you need to inspect the car carefully, if you are satisfied then you can drive it home!

Just follow the PDI : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

Thank You very much Aerohit will do just that, already have the PDI checklist printed out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by omprakashp (Post 3892158)
I met the manager at the Dealership today and he showed me the form 22 for the car which is showing the manufacturing date as 30th December 2015 and he said they received the car only on 1st January 2016.

I am confused as how there are two different manufacturing dates for the same car.

Could someone explain this please:

Regards
Om

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerohit (Post 3892256)
Just get the VIN number of the car, you can use this info to check the VIN -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post2249672

Thank for your reply. My apologies as i was not clear about my question. What i am confused about is that while the VIN number shows the date of manufacture as 30th August, the form 22 shows it as 30th December and i dont know what to make of this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by omprakashp (Post 3892321)
Here the manufacturing date is shown as 30th August 2015.

Thank You very much Aerohit will do just that, already have the PDI checklist printed out.

Thank for your reply. My apologies as i was not clear about my question. What i am confused about is that while the VIN number shows the date of manufacture as 30th August, the form 22 shows it as 30th December and i dont know what to make of this.

Thats a tough question, even i am not sure, you should check this with the dealer about the discrepancy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerohit (Post 3892146)
No, 9th character is month. D = April.

Mine Brio also VMT. Any idea on what basis they enter the manufacturing month in RTO Registration papers? As per Registration papers, manufacturing month is "Oct", but as per VIN decode manufacturing month is "April"

Quote:

Originally Posted by sibitg (Post 3892631)
Mine Brio also VMT. Any idea on what basis they enter the manufacturing month in RTO Registration papers? As per Registration papers, manufacturing month is "Oct", but as per VIN decode manufacturing month is "April"

I havnt received final registration yet because I am on temp number. I am not sure if this was an error or intentional. Maybe they use invoice date which is Oct. Check with your dealer

I am looking to buy a Indica eV2 LX or a Maruti Ritz VDi asap in Hyderabad. I am looking for a 2015 car so that i can get some nice discounts. How and where do i start? What sort of discounts can i press for on these cars?

1. Considering the recent floods in chennai, is it safe to buy a november or earlier manufactured car now?
2. How long will it take for a car to reach warehouse from manufacturing plant? Withing a month or more?
3. I was told by the sales executive that Tata don't manufacture cars in december. How far is it true?
Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi (Post 3903255)
1. Considering the recent floods in chennai, is it safe to buy a november or earlier manufactured car now?
2. How long will it take for a car to reach warehouse from manufacturing plant? Withing a month or more?
3. I was told by the sales executive that Tata don't manufacture cars in december. How far is it true?
Thanks.

Hi Ponbaarathi,

It is certainly not 100% recommended getting a 2015 manufactured car here. However, a sales executive from a Maruti dealer who called to offer a K10 AMT, mentioned that the 2015 car on sale was brought from the Bangalore yard and is not flood damaged.

Any which ways, it would be great if you could somehow get your hands on the transit sheet that would have the history of the car being transported. A thorough inspection would also be in the best interest.

Over and above this, you will need to make sure that the manufacturer will do the scheduled mandatory free services and checks, as they are still choked with flood damaged cars. You don't want a brand new car running around without someone to attend to initial niggles and any manufacturing defects that need immediate servicing.

Peace.

Regards,
Abhishek.

Thanks a lot to Team-Bhp & this thread.
I booked Renault Lodgy 85 RXZ 2015 make.
Car is more than 4 months old, so fetched some good discount. I was bit relaxed since i have this thread in support. Hence as soon as car arrived at dealer stockyard ,armed myself with this thread printout & our beloved PDI checklist.:D

Spent almost 1.5 hrs for through inspection & got clearance for all point.
Only problem found is in attached image. Tie rod on left wheel has some corrosion.

Experts can you please comment on this. I touched with hand & it seems to be on upper surface only. I am going to 3M under body coating. Is there any reason of worry for me?please:

I have a question. The discounts that dealers give on 2015 cars usually comes from the manufacturer. Is that discount on the ex showroom price or on the on road price? I believe it should be ex showroom price as on road prices vary for the same car in different states.

1. Get the tie rod surface sanded down and that will reveal the extent of the rusting. If not satisfied get the dealer to commit in writing for replacement.
Better yet, have it replaced before you pay the balance and take delivery

2. Any underbody coating 3M or otherwise is just throwing your money down the drain.

All car bodies undergo multiple anticorrosion 'dip drip and bake' treatments at the multi million dollar paint shops in the factories and no aftermarket treatment can add any benefit to the vehicle's underbody. These are merely placebos designed for customers to loosen their purse strings

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushar_b (Post 3906058)
.........Spent almost 1.5 hrs for through inspection & got clearance for all point.
Only problem found is in attached image. Tie rod on left wheel has some corrosion.

Experts can you please comment on this. I touched with hand & it seems to be on upper surface only. I am going to 3M under body coating. Is there any reason of worry for me?please:

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs. While going through Lodgy's official review pictures, i found 1 snap of tierod with same corrosion pattern :deadhorse. I suppose this issue is discussed lot of times for Duster as well.
So I'll definitely ask my SA to give confirmation about same.

I inspected a new Honda City that i am buying. The VIN shows Jan 2016 of manufacture. But, all the windows show 15 as the year marker.

When asked the sales guy said that only the glass is manufactured in 2015 and Honda buys in bulk. New 16 year glass would be in only by June !!

I surely feel he is bluffing. I feel the VIN and form 22 are the correct places to look at.. but, are previous year made windows on current year cars common ??

No bluffs here, glass panes, batteries, tires, alloy/steel wheels, bulbs, light covers themselves, seats, harnesses, carpets, hoses and numerous other items are pre produced and only delivered 'Just in Time' for assembly at the car plants.

The date om Form 22 is the manufacturing date for all purposes

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangan (Post 3913134)
I surely feel he is bluffing. I feel the VIN and form 22 are the correct places to look at.. but, are previous year made windows on current year cars common ??

Does the tax increase implies to 2015 manufactured cars as well or only to cars manufactured from March 1?