Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2023, 02:10   #241
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: ARTICLE: Buying a New car with an Older manufacturing date

Hi all, I have recently booked a Hyundai Verna and while I was about to do the PDI, I figured by looking at the Form 22, the car is July 23 manufactured while I will take the delivery in Dec 23. So effectively its a 6 month old car. Should I go take the delivery?
My loan have been sanctioned but I have not released any payment other than the booking amount. I have also asked them not to make any invoice and to avoid that I haven't released any money without doing the PDI first. What would be you advice, considering Verna have good sales ans just 2 to 4 weeks waiting period. Please, experts help here 🙏🏿
Old 2nd December 2023, 18:14   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by baridbej View Post
Hi all, I have recently booked a Hyundai Verna and while I was about to do the PDI, I figured by looking at the Form 22, the car is July 23 manufactured while I will take the delivery in Dec 23. So effectively its a 6 month old car. Should I go take the delivery?
My loan have been sanctioned but I have not released any payment other than the booking amount. I have also asked them not to make any invoice and to avoid that I haven't released any money without doing the PDI first. What would be you advice, considering Verna have good sales ans just 2 to 4 weeks waiting period. Please, experts help here 🙏🏿

Very much in the same boat, just that Verna DCT Turbo allocated to me is August manufactured. I am not certain if I should go ahead and take the delivery, especially when the car is electronically loaded these days.

Need advice from fellow BHPians.
Thanks.
Old 3rd December 2023, 07:54   #243
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by encounter1209 View Post
Very much in the same boat, just that Verna DCT Turbo allocated to me is August manufactured. I am not certain if I should go ahead and take the delivery, especially when the car is electronically loaded these days.

Thanks.
Yesterday I went to the meet the dealership manager. My only concerns are that the car should not be a old stock of the dealer. So I was trying to find a proof that shows the same. Will have to wait a bit more for that.
As far as electrical is concerned I think that should not be much of a problem as the battery will be disconnected. But with a dealership old stock there could be lot of niggles and a very through PDI would be required. But if the dealer received is later from the factory then it should be okay. As from the earlier post in this thread it seems like 3 to 4 months is okay and normal. Which in your case it is. For me it's one more month back.
Also I spoke to few orther dealership, they are saying that they will give 2 to 3 months old manufactured car but I doubt. I have someone who works in Hyundai factory, a friend's friend, have seek out advice from him. Once I speak to him, will keep the forum posted. Thanks!!!
baridbej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 12:50   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baridbej View Post
Hi all, I have recently booked a Hyundai Verna and while I was about to do the PDI, I figured by looking at the Form 22, the car is July 23 manufactured while I will take the delivery in Dec 23. So effectively its a 6 month old car. Should I go take the delivery? 🙏🏿
Quote:
Very much in the same boat, just that Verna DCT Turbo allocated to me is August manufactured. I am not certain if I should go ahead and take the delivery, especially when the car is electronically loaded these days. .
I don’t see what the problem is. Do you guys expect the electronics to fail in 6 months? Nothing happens to a vehicle if it sits in a yard for a few months. At the most, you can try and negotiate a small discount. If it is a new vehicle then it is identical to one that was manufactured last week.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 07:46   #245
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Lobogris. 6 month old stock is not a major concern if the vehicle is parked safely at the dealer's yard.

There are some variant-transmission-color combinations that are not in high demand, that end up being stuck with the dealer for a long time. If it is a popular configuration though, like a white/black Verna top-end automatic, my advice would be to proceed only after a satisfactory explanation from the dealer. There are high chances that such cars have been rejected by one or more customers already.

Insist on a thorough PDI during day time. If possible, take a look at the car where it is parked in as-is condition. Most dealers keep the odometer disconnected, so by looking at things like rust on disc plates you can tell if the car has been driven around or not. If the odometer is connected, it should not read more than 10-15 km. Repainted panels and replaced parts are your biggest concerns. Keep an eye out for paint mismatch and signs of use/abuse on nuts and bolts under the hood. Depending on your skills, you can also push the dealer for more discounts as 1-2 months old stock is the norm with most Hyundai/Kia cars from what I've seen.

Last edited by self_driven : 4th December 2023 at 07:48.
Old 5th December 2023, 02:34   #246

Quote:

Thanks.
Update to this:
As suggested, I went ahead with the PDI through Zekardo. Apparantly there are no major/minor niggles in the vehicle. The PDI report is issue free.
Upon asking the dealership about why am I being provided an August manufactured vehicle, the response was "Sir, we ordered the vehicle after you booked it with us. You may check our internal invoice as well for proof. It is not in our control which month's manufactured car would be alloted to us by Hyundai".

I totally understand the dealer's stance. I had already worked up massive discount through thorough negotiations. So, even after insisting for something extra I am getting no more discounts.

I don't have any issue with the vehicle to be honest, just skeptical about the tyres on my batch of allotted car. These are Goodyear Assurance Triplemax 3, while newer batches have Apollo Alnac 4g.
Old 10th December 2023, 17:35   #247
BANNED

Quote:
Update to this:
As suggested, I went ahead with the PDI through Zekardo. Apparantly there are no major/minor niggles in the vehicle. The PDI report is issue free.
Upon asking the dealership about why am I being provided an August manufactured vehicle, the response was "Sir, we ordered the vehicle after you booked it with us. You may check our internal invoice as well for proof. It is not in our control which month's manufactured car would be alloted to us by Hyundai".

I totally understand the dealer's stance. I had already worked up massive discount through thorough negotiations. So, even after insisting for something extra I am getting no more discounts.

I don't have any issue with the vehicle to be honest, just skeptical about the tyres on my batch of allotted car. These are Goodyear Assurance Triplemax 3, while newer batches have Apollo Alnac 4g.
Same here. Did a PDI myself and also took a friend of mine. Seems the car is in pristine condition and the odo also read only 8kms. So went ahead and took the decision to go with delivery. Dealer showed me proofs that suggest that the car came to stockyard in September 2023..so I was good.
Today, I.e. 10th Dec I got the white beauty home 🏡

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks