Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2018, 18:00   #166

Re: ARTICLE: Buying a New car with an Older manufacturing date

Hey guys,

I’m currently negotiating a deal on the Audi A3 Diesel.

The on road price before discount is
Technology is 41.71 L & Premium Plus is 39.75 L

With discount they’re offering 35.5 L for Technology & 33 L for Premium Plus.

When I mentioned that I'm open to either of the models and any colour, the SE said he has premium plus in stock in black and white which he's ready to reduce further.

According to him, they're both Mid 2018 models which he can negotiate on.

The problem is I don't have a parking space till January and can't take delivery. So he says if the amount is paid in full he can "book" the car and hand it over to me in January.

But, if I want to choose a colour, I pay the booking amount and then they'll place an order for the chosen model. But the price can't be negotiated any further.

What should I do? And how much lesser than the currently discounted price would be a good deal for the cars in stock?

Need your expert opinion
Old 26th October 2018, 17:12   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravkhastgir View Post
Need your expert opinion
UPDATE :

Just had a word with the SE, he's reduced the price of the in stock black Premium Plus Diesel to 31 L on road. It's a JULY 2018 manufactured model. The white one is MAY 2018.

He says if I pay the token booking amount, I can visit the yard and do a PDI and pay the full amount if I'm satisfied after inspection.

If not, he can place an order for any colour which can be delivered in 15 days, but the price would be 33.5 L on road.

No further discounts for cars which have to be brought down from Audi Aurangabad

What say guys? Does the deal make sense.

PS - The on road price of a new petrol A3 also is 31.5 L, so pondering seriously whether to shift to petrol as the car wouldn't be run more than 20-30 km daily!

Last edited by aah78 : 12th February 2019 at 22:53. Reason: Quote size trimmed.
Old 26th October 2018, 19:54   #168
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravkhastgir View Post
What say guys? Does the deal make sense.

PS - The on road price of a new petrol A3 also is 31.5 L, so pondering seriously whether to shift to petrol as the car wouldn't be run more than 20-30 km daily!
First of all, don't buy anything just because you are getting Discounts Your Question should be in some other threads asking suggestions about which car to choose, Mid 2018 production cars are too new to fit in this thread. Do post more details in the relevant thread with your requirements, budget, usage and shortlisted cars. Go through some existing thread like here

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2018, 22:27   #169

ARTICLE: Buying a New car with an Older manufacturing date

Need advice from experienced souls. I have tried to browse through the entire thread but cannot seem to find a direct answer to my question. My question is from a resale point of view. The VW dealership has informed that the waiting time for the particular variant, Polo GT TSI, is between 30 and 45 days as it is only made to order and they do not keep the variant in stock. No cash discount for the variant is in offer. So I would like some advice if it still makes sense to proceed with the booking in December rather than waiting for January next year even if manufacturing date is December or wait until January and may be book a car manufactured in January?

Last edited by TheRealStig : 26th November 2018 at 22:53.
Old 3rd December 2018, 07:54   #170
BHPian

I think it is prudent to book on 1st January, unless your VW gives in writing that they will give you a Jan mfd car. Even though month is also reckoned for resale, most of the times when you want to exchange your car at a later date, seeing your eagerness for your new car they will say it is year that matters. My advice is purely from the human psychology and salesman point of view. But if you want to own for a considerable number of years Dec also should be alright. Thanks
HYDRAVI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 16:37   #171
BHPian

My friend booked an Ignis Zeta Petrol with a good discount, the on-road being 6.2 lacs of which 20K are accessories so effectively 6.0 lacs on-road. I asked him to confirm the manufacturing date and now he got to know it's April 2018 manufactured. However, he has paid the down-payment and loan is disbursed today but luckily the RTO registration is not yet done.

We immediately called up the sales adviser to change this allotment but we could only get hold of a White color car from August or October 2018 stock whereas original booking was for Silver. We were just asked to take this or the April 2018 one. Is it too late to rectify the booking? Is the sales adviser taking a bluff considering white color is not usually the first pick?
Old 12th February 2019, 00:03   #172
BHPian

Was planning to buy a car to be used at least for 5 years and shortlisted Yaris J variant and Nexon XMA amt . Thanks to forum members' opinions, i decided on the Yaris. Shall not get into details here because selection criteria has been put in a different thread.

Query: I'm being offered 130000 cash discount on the Yaris. Got the VIN and figured it is a Sept '18 manufactured car. It was then that i came upon this thread. Currently the car is at a stockyard in a different city and hence cannot go and see how it is stocked. Have been told that it is in the open. Do you think it is worth the risk to buy a 6 month Toyota car for the discount mentioned? The probable issues mentioned in this forum are now troubling me.

Note: Have been offered a discount of 30000 on the 2019 model.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th February 2019 at 22:54.
Old 12th February 2019, 10:17   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post

Query:I'm being offered 130000 cash discount on the Yaris. Got the VIN and figured it is a Sept '18 manufactured car. It was then that i came upon this thread. Currently the car is at a stockyard in a different city and hence cannot go and see how it is stocked. Have been told that it is in the open. Do you think it is worth the risk to buy a 6 month Toyota car for the discount mentioned? The probable issues mentioned in this forum are now troubling me.
Red is your preferred choice of colour, I gather from your previous posts.
Why not change your colour choice, as that gives you many choices i.e. car within Hyderabad for physical inspection, more than one car with dealers in the city.
Red although beautiful looks faded within a short while, Phantom Brown which is our colour, shouldn’t have that issue.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th February 2019 at 22:54. Reason: Spacing.
greendream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2019, 21:32   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Was planning to buy a car to be used at least for 5 years and shortlisted Yaris J variant and Nexon XMA amt . Thanks to forum members' opinions, i decided on the Yaris. Shall not get into details here because selection criteria has been put in a different thread.

Query:I'm being offered 130000 cash discount on the Yaris. Got the VIN and figured it is a Sept '18 manufactured car. It was then that i came upon this thread. Currently the car is at a stockyard in a different city and hence cannot go and see how it is stocked. Have been told that it is in the open. Do you think it is worth the risk to buy a 6 month Toyota car for the discount mentioned? The probable issues mentioned in this forum are now troubling me.

Note:Have been offered a discount of 30000 on the 2019 model.
Six months old is nothing for a car. It is practically brand new. Being in the open is no issue either. Cars are designed to be in the open and when a car is new, it is unlikely to have any leakage issues in the rain. If you are happy with the car and the price, I wouldn't worry about it sitting in a dealer lot for 6 months. In addition, we are finishing the winter season and thus the car hasn't endured much harsh summer sun in the past 6 months.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2019, 22:48   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendream View Post
Phantom Brown which is our colour, shouldn’t have that issue.
Yes I including wife and kids liked the Phantom Brown shade but being a dark color am sure it will be tough to maintain. I'm a reluctant cleaner. Red though still a dark shade ,maintaining it may comparatively be less of a hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Six months old is nothing for a car. It is practically brand new. Being in the open is no issue either. Cars are designed to be in the open and when a car is new, it is unlikely to have any leakage issues in the rain. If you are happy with the car and the price, I wouldn't worry about it sitting in a dealer lot for 6 months. In addition, we are finishing the winter season and thus the car hasn't endured much harsh summer sun in the past 6 months.
Trusting what you said to be true. No doubt I’m happy with the choice of the car.
It’s just that terms like ‘Oxidation of paintwork, clear coat deterioration, gears & linkages could seize, surface corrosion of flywheel facing could increase clutch wear slightly, Autobox transmission fluid could absorb some moisture, Factor in a 10% clutch replacement cost or a transmission fluid change within 30,000 km, A/C gas leaks can happen etc. mentioned as a probable issue that may crop up makes my head spin

Not sure if this is off-topic here: Wondering if someone from our forum in Hyderabad can help me in inspecting the car. Would love to catch up with an expert as well

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th February 2019 at 12:08. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
Old 13th February 2019, 12:03   #176
BHPian

I found a Ford Figo Diesel Sports edition with a dealer in Pune this week, the car is with heavy discount. I am getting almost 20% off on the on road price.

However this car is March 2018 manufactured and was in the company stockyard Ford Chennai till Dec 18. From then it is in the dealer stockyard.
Does this mean that the car has gone bad mechanically?
Will I be purchasing a lemon car?

On road price as per price list is 9.4, he is willing to release it at 7.85, I have asked further discount to make it 7.65
Old 13th February 2019, 13:06   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerbagul View Post
I found a Ford Figo Diesel Sports edition with a dealer in Pune this week, the car is with heavy discount. I am getting almost 20% off on the on road price.
I
However this car is March 2018 manufactured and was in the company stockyard Ford Chennai till Dec 18. From then it is in the dealer stockyard.
Does this mean that the car has gone bad mechanically?
Will I be purchasing a lemon car?

On road price as per price list is 9.4, he is willing to release it at 7.85, I have asked further discount to make it 7.65
Just be very sure that the car was parked in Chennai during August 18.It was in August that there was heavy floods in Kerala and heard instances of inundated stockyards. A cousin who manages a battery firm in Kerala was saying that these cars are being refurbished and sold at other places. Please note that this info obviously is from a third party and I personally have no first hand knowledge of this .. just keep your eyes open while checking the car and BEFORE signing on the dotted line.

On the other hand, depending on your preferences, this actually might end up being a good bargain . I however would not put 7.65 lacs on an almost 1year old car, whatever be the discount.
Ram78 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 18:21   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if this is off-topic here: Wondering if someone from our forum in Hyderabad can help me in inspecting the car. Would love to catch up with an expert as well
Am no expert to aid in inspection,I inquired in Radha krishna Toyota,Sanath Nagar,regarding your choice of car.One car is available in A.P.The SA says he can summon the car for inspection.Is this the same car you were promised?
You can contact them if this is a different car from the one you were looking at.I didn’t talk about the price,discounts etc as I am not the one buying.But then, if it’s a better car than the one you are considering, the discounts can be same I believe.

Last edited by greendream : 13th February 2019 at 18:33. Reason: Spacing
greendream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 00:03   #179
BHPian

Thanks greendream.Really appreciate your help. I'm dealing with Yashoda Krishna Toyota,Uppal and seems they are sister concerns.Looks like we are discussing about the same car, as i was told it currently is stocked at Guntur,AP.

Seems i need to pay atleast INR 50000 so that they can transport it to Hyderabad.Not sure if i should do that.Want to do the inspection before committing on anything. I have already paid INR 10000 as a booking amount (now feel that i was hasty)to block the car and have got the receipt as well as the VIN,but there is every possibility that if someone else comes and pays for the same,they might allocate the car to him/her.Not their fault esp.with the maybe/maybe not position i have taken.

Shall check with the Sanath Nagar branch as well.Here i would like to mention the professionalism displayed by the SA who is handling my case
Old 15th February 2019, 10:24   #180
BHPian

Discovered an interesting fact about the Ford Figo Diesel Sports which I have booked. Went to the dealer yesterday and took a look at the manufacturing date of the tires.
All four tires (Apollo Alnac) have the number 1018 which indicates they were manufactured in October 2018. This means the tires will be put on the car not earlier than November, which also might mean the car was assembled in November 2018.
I am assuming the assembly is a fast process taking a week at most, and tires will be mounted during assembly.
So maybe the chassis which has VIN stamped with the digits JS was made in March 2018 but the car was actually assembled in Nov. If this is true, its good news for me since the dealer is giving me a huge discount due to his impression that the car is one year old.
Does this make sense?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks