Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car

Old 20th August 2018, 12:18   #256

Default Re: ARTICLE: Extended Warranties. Yes or No?

I have purchased extended warranty for my GT TSI till 4 years.
I was inclined towards doing remaps on my car but I've heard that Volkswagen is a bit notorious when it comes to warranty claims.
I have just purchased a plug and play eagle eyes setup and have kept the original one to make it stock before any warranty claims. I hope that would work ?

Would love to hear any first hand experience related to this. Any hassles while claiming after mods ?
Old 4th November 2019, 12:46   #257

Default Re: ARTICLE: Extended Warranties. Yes or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer007 View Post
The Volvo S60 Cross country has an on road price of about 55 lacs.

Am definitely going for the zero dep insurance.

As for extended warranty I've heard some horror stories from my friends as well as read of a few here on this forum. But those are mostly German make cars. Aren't these Scandinavian beauties from the Volvo stable supposed to be built like a tank and last for years without any issues unlike the other European beauties from Germany and Italy.

I'm also aware of the thousands of electric sensors and electric components that could potentially breakdown after the standard warranty period expires. Dealer doesn't know approx cost of some of the common components which would help me take a decision.

Right now I'm leaning towards purchasing the extended warranty only for the peace of mind.
Hi, if I were you I would get the extended warranty while buying the car, probably club the extended warranty with OTR to get a good deal.
Normally premium manufacturers give discounts on extended warranty while buying a new car, try negotiating with your dealer.

If you donít want to get it now for any reason, ask if you can purchase it later before the standard warranty ends and the cost.

Most Viewed