Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2007, 19:10   #61
BHPian

More or less, everybody has caught on the Extended warranty- Skoda has started offering it now, Toyota is advertising heavily in Ad's listed on Delhi Times of the Extended cover options.

I opted for extended warranty of 36 months @ Rs.4400, although I'm uncertain of the future of the car after a two years however with CNG I wanted to play safe and opted for it- Almost all items covered except Electricals such as Bulbs,Battery,Fuses,Relays,Rubber Items,Tyres-less that almost everything covered even with CNG.
Old 18th September 2007, 17:17   #62
BHPian

The Ford dealer mentioned that I should take the Ford TMP (Total Maintenance Plan) while buying the Ford Fiesta 1.4. I was told that this is better than the extended warranty as it covers the material and labour for all services till the car is 2 yrs or 30000 Kms.

Any feedback on the Ford TMP?
Old 18th September 2007, 17:29   #63
BHPian

well ask him if it covers labour too and servicing of the vehicle then it is worth to take it
Old 20th October 2007, 23:59   #64
Senior - BHPian

well people i have a accent CRDi viva (red) at home its almost two years old its warranty expires in jan 2008 which is actually the standard 2year warranty for the car and i was not offered a warranty at the time of purchase nor did i even get a decent set of floor mats in my car!

i plan to keep this car for a long time to come have done 30000kms this October and when i en-quired for the extended warranty the hyundai service centre guys quoated me 7500+ bucks per year and the condition is that you need to get all the services done in the dealer's or any other hyundai authorized service centers only!

well in my opinion they charge like 1000-1500 bucks more for each general service compared to a local garage, plus their parts are not available for counter sale at any cost! so one has to get the car serviced at only these dealer garages alone and they are sucking away the money from the customers real dry both for the extended warranty and each service!

i think for some reason this is a pure loot say what!

Last edited by rider60 : 21st October 2007 at 00:00.
Old 21st October 2007, 19:27   #65
BHPian

Shall i got for extended warrently provided on Palio Stile 1.6. Am gonna keep the vehicle for my life and usage would be aroun a 500 kms+ a month so its gonna be like say 10000 kms per year.
Old 21st October 2007, 20:54   #66
BHPian

after being told at every service by the hyundai guys to get the extended warranty - i finally gave in on my final free service during the standard warranty period.

I clearly told them I have upsized tires, alloys and a catback exhaust and they said it can still be covered under warranty.

So my santro now has 3 yrs warranty
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:22   #67
BHPian

MAGNUM currently has a 2 yr 50 k limited warranty only. that when all chevies have higher warranties. Does it mean that chevy is nt confident about the product? every time a dealer tried to sell me a warranty i had said no , now when they say there is no extended warranty it gives me gitters!
Old 22nd October 2007, 14:58   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyonblackybx View Post
Shall i got for extended warrently provided on Palio Stile 1.6. Am gonna keep the vehicle for my life and usage would be aroun a 500 kms+ a month so its gonna be like say 10000 kms per year.

You answered it ! look at Max Extended warranty option which could be 18 / 36 /42 months- Since you do intend to keep it for a long long time..It will be worth it.
Old 6th December 2007, 12:08   #69
Senior - BHPian

I took 3rd and 4th year extended warranty for my Getz for 7300.
Is the extended warranty given by the dealer or Hyundai?
Can the extended warranty be availed only from the dealer from whom I have taken extended warranty, Trident in my case?
Old 6th December 2007, 14:42   #70
Senior - BHPian

in the techical stuff thread i just came across a santro problem of ovrhauling the engine.that too at 30000 km.the A S S guys told the customer that he had not opted for e-w.so alas extended waranty is a requirement in case you face any such problems.especially with turbo charged diesel engined cars.
Old 12th February 2008, 13:40   #71
BHPian

Hi Guys

Just went to Wasan Motors (Kandivali) to get my car the extended warranty. Bought the car on 23rd Aug 2006, since I had the 18 months warranty I felt that I would be easily getting extended warranty before the end of 18 months that is 23rd Feb 2008.

TO my shocker I was told that I had to confirm it within 14 months after purchase and now I cant opt for it. No chance whatsoever!

I have been reading in the posts about warranties and stuff but never did I come across that we had a limit of 12-14 months from purchase (or may be I missed it!). Worst still I never was even called by anyone - about extended warranty timeline/deadline.

The rep at Wasan told me of how huge a mistake it was and that electricals, power steering and gear box were critical and that the cost can go in lakhs of rupees.

Man! I was not just upset about not doing the warranty but irritated as he kept telling me that 'ab aap kuch nahin kar sakte hai"

I then called up Shaman from where I had purchased the car and they told me that there is AMC which costs about 5500 and is for a year. What do you guys think I should be doing.

Its a Indica Xeta (1.4 GLS), am really angry with the whole situation after being told that ' ab kuch nahin ho sakta' as it is done from a central agency called - Globus something'

Will wait for your revertals on the same as I have no choice but opt for AMC now - do let me know what all I should be clear about knowing that none of the Shaman guys bothered to tell me about extended warranty even once.

Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 12th February 2008 at 14:31. Reason: Please do NOT post from other word softwares. It results in a messy look with naked HTML tags.
Old 12th February 2008, 15:21   #72
BHPian

What about SWIFT?

Hi,

Is anybody taken the Extended Warranty for Swift Vxi? if 'yes'

provide the info on price, Terms & Conditions .........?
Old 12th February 2008, 22:21   #73
Senior - BHPian

the extended warranty on my alto has given me great relief. just 4000 rs extra and got many repairs done.also no labour is charged for those repairs. for a car extended warrant is must. tough road and traffic conditions and mass productivity of manufacturers makes the life and quality of parts unreliable.
Old 14th February 2008, 12:43   #74

I bought a Ford Feasta 1.6 in DEc 2007 and took a total maintenance plan. I t covered all maintainance and part ( except fuel and Tyres.lol) for a priod of three years or 36000 km which ever was first. was it worth it guys
Old 14th February 2008, 14:46   #75
BHPian

Apart from standard 2 year warranty, i currently have 3rd year extended warranty for my SX4. However, I am undecided to go for 4th year extended warranty. The reason being, i think there is a difference between what is covered during regular and extended warranties. Any suggestions?

Most Viewed