Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car

Old 24th March 2020, 21:59   #1201
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: ARTICLE: No Claim Bonus - How to save on your insurance premiums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Do it online and it should go through
Of course, my first attempt was online. But the system in not able to pull the data probably because of the 3 year validity of the 3rd party insurance. Royal Sundaram customer support(Renewal department) is not responding as well. Now with this complete shutdown, there is very less probability of receiving a call back.
Old 24th March 2020, 22:05   #1202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Of course, my first attempt was online. But the system in not able to pull the data probably because of the 3 year validity of the 3rd party insurance. Royal Sundaram customer support(Renewal department) is not responding as well. Now with this complete shutdown, there is very less probability of receiving a call back.
Their guidance is to send an email in case of problems and they will eventually reply. All their customer service staff are working from home so email will work well. customer.services@royalsundaram.in
Old 24th March 2020, 22:17   #1203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Their guidance is to send an email in case of problems and they will eventually reply. All their customer service staff are working from home so email will work well. customer.services@royalsundaram.in
I received the below response 2 days back. Anyways, one more week to go before expiry, will wait.

Quote:
Greetings from Royal Sundaram General Insurance!!
We are arranging call back for you from renewal team and they will contact you within next 2 days.
Old 9th April 2020, 23:36   #1204
BHPian

I had applied for NCB certificate for my Figo which was sold last year with Royal Sundaram.
They are asking me to pay 2081Rs towards issuance of the certificate claiming it as a NCB recovery amount. Is this standard practice? I had 50%NCB on the Figo.
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: No Claim Bonus - How to save on your insurance premiums!-bdd63d0779474d10a90b8025949b96af.jpeg  

Old 10th April 2020, 09:24   #1205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I had applied for NCB certificate for my Figo which was sold last year with Royal Sundaram.
They are asking me to pay 2081Rs towards issuance of the certificate claiming it as a NCB recovery amount. Is this standard practice? I had 50%NCB on the Figo.
That is correct as far as I know. Just consider it as a part of the 'selling cost' from your Figo sale. .
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 10:31   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
This is the NCB Recovery cost that the new owner has to pay to transfer the insurance to his name. Not you. In that sense what 'itwasntme' said is correct.

If the Insurance is to be cancelled as the new owner has made his own arrangement or bought another Insurance, then give a copy of that insurance to Royal Sundaram and ask them to cancel the Insurance policy in your name

No "Fee" is applicable for issue of NCB Certificate per say. If that is the demand, please take it up with Grievance Cell of Royal Sundaram or the Insurance Ombudsman of your state or write to IRDA

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 07:56   #1207
Senior - BHPian

Hope everyone is safe and well during these terrible times!

Had a query on my Creta which we are planning to sell as soon as the lockdown is over. We had anyway planned to do so earlier, and not as a result of the lockdown :-).

It is insured with Royal Sundaram till early July with a NCB of 50%. I want the NCB reservation letter ASAP as we MIGHT concurrently buy another vehicle. Hopeful of selling within ~2/3 weeks of the lockdown ending in KA.

How to go about the letter?
1. Should I approach Royal Sundaram now with my plans to sell it, ask them to cancel the OD portion, and issue me the reservation letter?
2. Wait till I actually sell it and then approach them with the sale note?

I prefer #1 but will they oblige?

Last edited by itwasntme : 28th April 2020 at 07:57.

Most Viewed