Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2008, 17:28   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Older insurance policies that have accumulated 65% NCB continue with the same benefits. Recently, insurance companies got together and reduced the max NCB to 50%. This is applicable only to newer policies.
I hate the insurance companies for doing that.... Isn't that rather monopolistic it should be illegal for them to gang up and come up with company policies.
I think we still have a few 65% NCB policies at hand but have lost out on a few so never gonna get those back to 65% !
Old 8th August 2008, 14:26   #137
Senior - BHPian

Ncb

I called up the insurance company the other day to find out abt NCB

We sold our old car and the insurance was in my Dad's name.
Now the new car is bought in my name.
Can we transfer the NCB from the old car to the new one?
The insurance guy did not seem to be fully aware and asked me to call back when the big boss will be in.
Thanks for your help as always.
Old 8th August 2008, 19:15   #138
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nope. NCB is transferable only within the same individual / company
Old 18th August 2008, 19:56   #139
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I have had NCB on my motorbike for like three years now. Can I use that to get any bit lower rates on car purchase?
I don't think it's possible since there is a difference in the no. of wheels !
Old 19th August 2008, 06:44   #140
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

the new vehicle needs to be in the name of the same person in whose name the old one was. In this case, your dad.
remember that the insurance on the vehicle is completely dependent on the individual who drives/owns it and in whose name it is.The credibility of that individual in terms of "no claims" is what is rewarded by the insurance company in the form of "no claim bonus".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
I called up the insurance company the other day to find out abt NCB

Can we transfer the NCB from the old car to the new one?
The insurance guy did not seem to be fully aware and asked me to call back when the big boss will be in.
Thanks for your help as always.
Old 12th October 2008, 16:28   #141
BHPian

Folks, how does the NCB transfer work with exchanging your old car with the dealer for the new vehicle ? I checked with the dealer and the salesperson claimed he wasn't aware of NCB (surprising), if I intend to give my car to the dealer just prior to taking delivery of my new vehicle I'm wondering how my NCB will still apply. Incase my insurance is with the same insurance company can I still avail NCB on the new vehicle before transferring my old one ?
Old 12th October 2008, 16:56   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Folks, how does the NCB transfer work with exchanging your old car with the dealer for the new vehicle ? I checked with the dealer and the salesperson claimed he wasn't aware of NCB (surprising), if I intend to give my car to the dealer just prior to taking delivery of my new vehicle I'm wondering how my NCB will still apply. Incase my insurance is with the same insurance company can I still avail NCB on the new vehicle before transferring my old one ?
Autoenthusiast, please read the entire thread. Your query has been answered in previous posts.
Old 19th October 2008, 00:27   #143
Senior - BHPian

Hi
I just recieved the NCB certificate of 45% after i sold it.This is is from New India Assurance.

The guy has neatly cut the 3 year validity and put instead 3 months validity from 14 oct 08. I called him and asked him about the same and he said rules have changed and its only 3 months now. I argued with him to show me where officially its written, but he wouldnt budge.

Is it true that NCB is now valid for 3 months instead of 3 years..

Regards
Rahul
Old 19th October 2008, 16:16   #144
BHPian

Rahul, I wouldn't worry about it as long as New India is ready to issue another certificate as & when you need it. I have taken an NCB certificate from new india a full year after selling the car.
Old 28th October 2008, 16:53   #145
Senior - BHPian

My friend has gained the NCB for three years and on the fourth year he made a claim (bit on higher side). While receiving the renewal notice, he was asked to pay the NCB saved all these years.

The real trouble here is paying that hefty amount in one shot.
Old 28th October 2008, 17:54   #146
BHPian

Third Party Insurance

Hi Team,

Sorry to barge into this thread but have a quick question ..maybe you guys could help me with in relation to Car insurance.

My Car insurance has expired this month and it was Comprehensive insurance.

Now since I wont be using the car for the next 1 year as I will be out of country I was thinking of doing the Third party insurance as the premium would be much lesser , cause I feel comprehensive insurance for the next 1 year would be unnecessary for me.

When I spoke to a Bajaj Allainz rep about this he said that thrid party insurance cannot be done as my car is Hypotheticated to HDFC bank. Is it true ? or is the guy just trying to just goof things up and force me into getting a Comprehensive insurance again?

Team Please advice.....

Cheers,

Peter.
Old 28th October 2008, 21:24   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
My friend has gained the NCB for three years and on the fourth year he made a claim (bit on higher side). While receiving the renewal notice, he was asked to pay the NCB saved all these years.
Your friend is being CHEATED! If you make a claim, your next policy renewal will be at non-NCB rates. You don't have to pay up anything for 3 years worth of NCB benefits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
When I spoke to a Bajaj Allainz rep about this he said that thrid party insurance cannot be done as my car is Hypotheticated to HDFC bank. Is it true ?
Most finance companies will enforce a clause that comprehensive insurance is mandatory when the loan is active. They are only protecting their own interests. If your car gets stolen on a third-party insurance, who is going to pay them?
Old 28th October 2008, 21:32   #148
Senior - BHPian

for some odd reason for the past two years, I've always ended up making claims > the insurance amount + NCB, So far , I've only gained money from insurance
Old 29th October 2008, 11:05   #149
BHPian

Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Nope. NCB is transferable only within the same individual / company
I had also requested for my Insurance Company (Bajaj Allianz) for a NCB certificate few days back. However the Insurance Company said that there would be no problems in transferring the NCB from my Mom's name to my Wifey's name, since the new car is booked in her name.
Now I am confused, because if I have to pay the full Insurance amount then my finances will go for a toss.
Can some one please confirm if the NCB is NOT TRANSFERRABLE even within the family.
Old 29th October 2008, 12:15   #150
BHPian

Urgent response needed.

Hey guys. Brilliant thread.

Quick question... my Ikon 1.6 is due for renewal in about 3 days. It's going to complete 3 years and start its 4th year. i have never made an insurance claim for this car.

How much NCB can I claim? I read on this thread that the NCB for the fourth year is 45%. Does this mean that if the Premium is say, Rs. 8000, then I can get a 45% discount on the premium and wind up paying only Rs. 5,400?

Also, how is the Premium calculated on the IDV? Is there a formula that determines premium based on IDV (Insured Declared Value)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks