Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2021, 21:04   #1306
Senior - BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: No Claim Bonus - How to save on your insurance premiums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhikapoor View Post
Sorry for being a bit obtuse here, but will this work?

I renew the insurance as comprehensive [new owner pays me for it]. Then he transfers the car, and the insurance, at which time can I ask for NCB cert from insurer?
What i suggested was a simple, less complicated process.I dont think what you are asking will work easily, because they will not transfer the comprehensive policy to another person.Remember most insurance companies (Especially private ones) will only try how not to give the benefit of NCB. so my humble opinion is not to complicate matters
Old 6th June 2021, 05:35   #1307
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
What i suggested was a simple, less complicated process.I dont think what you are asking will work easily, because they will not transfer the comprehensive policy to another person.Remember most insurance companies (Especially private ones) will only try how not to give the benefit of NCB. so my humble opinion is not to complicate matters
Thanks. So, if I get a third party and transfer it to the new owner, can they then convert that to comprehensive?
nidhikapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 10:57   #1308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhikapoor View Post
Thanks. So, if I get a third party and transfer it to the new owner, can they then convert that to comprehensive?
Yes, that should be possible.
ajay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 17:45   #1309
Senior - BHPian

Any idea if the NCB of my spouse's car when sold can be transferred to new car to be purchased and registered on my name?
Old 1st August 2021, 10:36   #1310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Any idea if the NCB of my spouse's car when sold can be transferred to new car to be purchased and registered on my name?
Unfortunately not. NCB is strictly person-specific. The only exceptions I am aware of are:
1. In case of death of the policy-holder, the policy can be transferred with the NCB to his/her heir(s).
2. In case of leases, the vehicle is in the name of a corporate and if the same designated user later buys the vehicle, the insurer can transfer the policy & NCB at its discretion to the user.

Last edited by itwasntme : 1st August 2021 at 10:38.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 10:50   #1311
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure if it is a common practice with all insurance companies, but I was able to get NCB certificate from Bajaj Allianz by retaining the policy as well as my car by simply paying the "NCB recovery payment". This will allow me to transfer my NCB from a cheaper car to an expensive car without selling my cheaper car.
androdev is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 12:18   #1312

Hi all

We are in the process of claining NCB in two recent cases.

The NCB certificate issued by respective Insurance Companies are 45% and 50%.
This means the OD would be reduced by that percentatge.

OD is normally around 30-35% of the monthly premium.

Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 08:50   #1313
Senior - BHPian

I would like some feedback on insurance for my yet to be delivered car. I have received quotes from dealer and directly from ICICI/Bajaj. They are in the ballpark range for the same IDV and add-ons like zero dep, engine protection, RTI, RSA etc. However based on some of the posts by fellow BHPians, I also explored Policybazar and the quotes from companies like Kotak/Royal Sundaram/Digit etc are significantly lower for similar IDV and add-ons. This seems to good to be true. So would like to get feedback how is the experience with the claim process/fine details for companies listed on Policybazar? I don't see major players like ICICI /HDFC and I don't have experience with the companies listed. I hope the service levels and fine prints are not a shocker later during claim process hence soliciting feedback here.
Old 9th September 2021, 11:26   #1314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphel View Post
This means the OD would be reduced by that percentatge.
The own damage premium will be reduced by the NCB applicability as per that mentioned in the certificate. I hope you intended to ask for the new vehicle insurance premium.

Quote:
So would like to get feedback how is the experience with the claim process/fine details for companies listed on Policybazar?
I think this post should be in the Automobile Insurance thread as its not related to NCB. Request mods to move the post.

To answer the query, firstly try to find out with which Insurance co does the car manufacturer have a national tie up. Next guage the Insurance cos with which the workshop (where you would generally service the car) have a cashless tie up. Shortlist the Insurance cos and check the quotes on the comparator websites (Policybazar, cover fox etc) and on the Insurance co websites. Compare the quotes and take an informed decision.

Go through the policy wordings to be extra safe. Comparator websites may show lower premium quotes but clarify the T&C before you decide.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 11:49   #1315
BHPian

Definitely yes.. NCB Saves on premium especially when you transfer the NCB from old car to a new one. I did the same and saved substantially when I got my insurance for my Octy. Suggested this to my friend who did it even better. Swapped the NCB of both cars resulting in better savings on the newer car and a descent saving on the old one.
Old 11th September 2021, 18:16   #1316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Not sure if it is a common practice with all insurance companies, but I was able to get NCB certificate from Bajaj Allianz by retaining the policy as well as my car by simply paying the "NCB recovery payment". This will allow me to transfer my NCB from a cheaper car to an expensive car without selling my cheaper car.
I also have Bajaj Allianz policy and would like to do the same for my yet to be delivered new car. I am assuming you did not sell your current car but got a NCB reservation letter from Bajaj which you used on new car insurance. Did you have to buy new car insurance for them? If you don't mind, could you please share how a you went about it.
Old 11th September 2021, 18:35   #1317
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I also have Bajaj Allianz policy and would like to do the same for my yet to be delivered new car. I am assuming you did not sell your current car but got a NCB reservation letter from Bajaj which you used on new car insurance. Did you have to buy new car insurance for them? If you don't mind, could you please share how a you went about it.
My scenario was same as yours. I didn't sell my car, just took NCB letter and used it with a different insurance company for a different car.

You put in a request with Bajaj Allianz customer support for the same - you are not selling the car, you just want to get the NCB letter to use for another car. They will ask you to pay the NCB discount difference to issue the NCB letter. You must ask them to courier it as it has to be submitted in original to the new insurgence company. Very straightforward procedure, with the usual lethargic pace of customer support. They used some cheap courier which misplaced the letter and eventually delivered it after a long delay. And then my society security misplaced it saying they never got any such letter. I thought it was jinxed but finally it all worked out.
androdev is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 19:15   #1318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My scenario was same as yours. I didn't sell my car, just took NCB letter and used it with a different insurance company for a different car.

You put in a request with Bajaj Allianz customer support for the same - you are not selling the car, you just want to get the NCB letter to use for another car. They will ask you to pay the NCB discount difference to issue the NCB letter. You must ask them to courier it as it has to be submitted in original to the new insurgence company. Very straightforward procedure, with the usual lethargic pace of customer support. They used some cheap courier which misplaced the letter and eventually delivered it after a long delay. And then my society security misplaced it saying they never got any such letter. I thought it was jinxed but finally it all worked out.
Thanks much! I called Bajaj helpline and they asked me to email them for further steps. They mentioned that communication will be through emails and I don't need to visit branch. Now after reading your post, I'm wondering about this whole physical NCB letter thing. If they send me soft copy, will it not work for new insurance?
Old 11th September 2021, 19:44   #1319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks much! I called Bajaj helpline and they asked me to email them for further steps. They mentioned that communication will be through emails and I don't need to visit branch. Now after reading your post, I'm wondering about this whole physical NCB letter thing. If they send me soft copy, will it not work for new insurance?
Soft copy won't do, I tried it ;-) makes sense because they don't want you to use it with multiple cars. They were not willing to serve me another copy when my courier was lost (for many days) in transit. I don't think there is a workaround to getting a hard copy.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 08:27   #1320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Soft copy won't do, I tried it ;-) makes sense because they don't want you to use it with multiple cars.
@androdev: Normally, the original sealed and signed hard copy is very much the rule. However, I had a slightly different experience at the height of Unlock 1.0 & 2.0:

In my case, Bajaj accepted a soft copy of the NCB from Royal Sundaram if it was directly emailed from the latter copying me. It was possible only because (in hindsight) as everyone was WFH, and no proper courier services were operating due to surface contamination risks. Bajaj of course insisted that they would await the hard copy, which I personally handed over around a month later.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks