Team-BHP - ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/18859-article-how-buy-used-car-india-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by loving_alaap (Post 1219050)
A different question.

Does it make a difference in buying or selling a doctor owned car?

Usually dealers quote them bit more costly than other similar cards.
:I Rule:

My wife's sister is a doctor and I would not buy her Alto even for Rs. 10. Her husband is a surgeon who has a 5-year old Ikon, and still uses old newspapers as floor mat (alongwith the regular ones). Good condition though even though he can drive at 150 kmph quite often.

Quote:

Simply put : NO. I've seen a fair share of terribly maintained Dr. owned cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1265430)
Simply put : NO. I've seen a fair share of terribly maintained Dr. owned cars.

agree: There is no logical connection. Why would doctor's car turn out to be strictly well maintained? Don't know why this notion exists.

As we have a quote somewhere else on the forum: :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 916292)
Now imagine the resale a car would command if it was owned by a Parsi lady doctor who happens to work in the army hospital.

Do warranty (if available) gets transferred to the second owner of the car? I guess you can't. Someone please reconfirm.

But without letting this detail know, we can get it done at the service center.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise (Post 1299764)
Do warranty (if available) gets transferred to the second owner of the car? I guess you can't. Someone please reconfirm.

But without letting this detail know, we can get it done at the service center.

AFAIK, Yes. The warrenty can be transferred. I know for sure that extended warrenty is trasferred to the second car owner. I have confiremed this with Tata people in a Tata customer meet. If extended warrenty is, then primary warrenty must be transferable.

Hi All,

I wanted to recheck on documents for a pre-owned car. My query is for the following reason - I have a pre-owned Santro that I purchased 4.5 years back. The dealer was a family friend, so was never bothered. Bought it with no second thought and the car was/is in sweet condition. While I have no regrets on the purchase, the only documentation I have is the RC book which has my name as the second owner and the Insurance (again transferred in my name).

I do not have the original tax receipt (though the RC book has a life-time tax paid stamp), nor the original invoice. Will this be a deterrent, if I try to sell my car?

Further my car is an MH registered vehicle but I live in BLR now. Would I need either of the documents (tax receipt, original car invoice) to get my registration transferred to KA?

Regards.

sachinayak : Having a Original invoice is a safe option. You don't need Original invoice to get it re-registered in B'lore.

Quote:

A different question.

Thats all Bull,check in weird and wacky thread for a Doctor owned scorpio:Frustrati:Frustrati
The thing is check with a mechanic n assure its a good one,rest all doesnt matter.

Quote:

A different question.

I don`t believe that Dr. owned cars are better maintained than other people but i do believe that Navy people maintain it very well since navy takes care of the Vitamin Mlol:.

Here in Vizag there`s a naval base. So lots of navy cars. Owned by Indian Navy or personally, they all are very well maintained. :thumbs up

With apologies of going off the Dr. owned car topic, needed a bit of help. I am planning on buying a second hand Getz 1.3 GLS. While its a 2007 car with only 14000 KM on the odo and in a good shape. I noticed there was one issue with the car.

As a begin to slow down (dont change the gears or press break), the car tends to jerk a bit within seconds. Specially at 3rd gear.

Does this indicate any serious problem??:confused:

My Santro Xing XO was just 1.5 years old with 2,400 kms done genuinely. The 3rd service slip was still intact and without much persuasion I got that done with MGF Hyundai. The car was owned by a Railway officer's family in Delhi. The officer transferred to Lucknow, his wife and daughter were left with 3 cars and wish to sold Santro. I got in touch through newspaper classified.

I know this sounds unbelievable but its the truth.

Before you crank-up the engine of a used car, check the radio first. If all the stations play Rock-n-roll, the car has tolerated drivers adrenaline in every possible way.lol:

Please let me know the required forms to taken from the seller to transfer ownership or resell to another person. I think form 29 and 30, Anything else?

Quote:

Please let me know the required forms to taken from the seller to transfer ownership or resell to another person. I think form 29 and 30, Anything else?
I'd include the following to hand over to the buyer:

Quote:

1. Transfer papers (Original)
2. Delivery note (Copy)
3. Sale deed (Notarized copy or identical original)
4. Registration certificate (original)
5. RTO tax documents (original)
6. Finance company NOC (If applicable & in original)
7. Insurance policy
8. Owners manual of the car
9. Any warranty papers (battery etc.)
10. Service history
11. Invoice of the car (if available, and in copy)
12. PUC certificate
13. Duplicate keys
More details coming up soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4ajo (Post 1409571)

Form 28 [3 copies, Non Mandatory] - No Objection Certificate