Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car

Old 2nd May 2021, 19:34   #1201

Default Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
However, can you please hide the address and name of the original customer from the attached service history since it's personally identifiable information.
I have put in a request to let me reattach the obscured version. Also, I took permission before sharing the issue and the owner himself wanted my help to identify the listing and report the incident in olx and other forums to highlight the fraud, especially since the car is still in his name, which makes him liable for the illegal resurrection or any accident involving it given the compromised chassis/mechanicals. (Read: Original owner liable to pay accident victim-Supreme Court).

Per the owner, he was cheated by the insurance company on two counts. First he was told that the transfer papers were needed to transfer the ownership to the insurance company so that they can recover some of the amount by selling the scrap or salvaging its parts, but they never transferred/cancelled the RC. Second they paid him the insurance money minus the price quoted by the scrap dealer arranged by them. However, he was left on his own to recover the amount and at the time of picking up the wreck the scrap dealer ended up paying a lesser amount.

P.S.: After being reported to olx, the used car dealer has taken down the advt. under their account but put up the same car under another anonymous account (Attached). Avoid this one and double/triple check facts before buying any used car from Richie Motor (same applies to most used car dealers though)
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India-capture.jpg  

Sam.91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 20:14   #1202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.91 View Post

P.S.: After being reported to olx, the used car dealer has taken down the advt. under their account but put up the same car under another anonymous account (Attached). Avoid this one and double/triple check facts before buying any used car from Richie Motor (same applies to most used car dealers though)
Hi Sam. Which dealer is this?
Old 3rd May 2021, 06:43   #1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hi Sam. Which dealer is this?
Richie Motors (Rhythm Car World) at Sarat Bose Road. They also have a branch at Saltlake.
Sam.91 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed