Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2010, 22:34   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Sorry to bump into an old post but Reliance guys atleast in Delhi don't inspire confidence. There was a case where they messed up with the tyres as the nuts were not bolted properly and this caused vibrations in a running car on the Expressway.

Moreover, stores like Gyro, Driven, Auto Marc have re-defined the scene in New Delhi. With proper tools being used for the work you can be assured of quality work.
Reliance Guys are horrible in bangalore also, I would advise never visit Reliance AutoZone. I had installed Autocops for my Santro from Reliance AutoZone, the installer had skipped bonnet and dicky sensors, and i found it out when i went to AutoCops office for check up for sensor malfunction. I blasted the manger then they told he had forgotten and installed it. Reliance has employed some unskilled installers never visit them. Good that i did not decide to get my tyre replaced, i am sure they would have messed up that also.

Last edited by shamanth : 22nd May 2010 at 22:35.
Old 7th June 2010, 11:48   #257
BHPian

Does anyone recommend the Wurth underbody treatment for Tata Indigo? Dealership is asking 3K for it. It's also endorsed by Tata in the manual, for road noise reduction. Anyone had it done? Is it effective? Dealer is also offering 3 year warranty for it. I got a 3K discount from Tata's Drive Your Dream offer, and decided to put that money right back in.

The dealer also offered teflon coating as a freebie. Again, 3 years warranty, with refinishing every 6 months. Already got free insurance from company, I'm bargaining for free accessories, and got the basic mats/flaps/steering cover kit and option of either free cloth seat covers or teflon coating. The car is Classic Ivory color. Should I go for it, or opt for the probably horrible cloth seat covers (looks like terry cloth)?
Old 7th June 2010, 12:05   #258
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know if its possible to get those wide clip on rvm mirrors ? I checked in a few accessories shops in Chennai but they said it was popular in the 80's but no one uses them these days
Old 15th June 2010, 09:17   #259
BHPian

Dealer Provided accessories - i10 Sportz

Hi Guys,

I have booked an i10 Sportz - Oyster grey. The dealer has given me a choice of the below:

1- Sunfilm - Garwale is free and if I opted for 3M, I would need to shell out extra 1000 bucks. The sunfilm install includes 4 windows, rear and the winshield. Can you please let me know if it is alright to pay 1k extra for the 3M? (I know that 3M is much better than garwale - just that I need your suggestion on this). I would also like to know the shade/specifications of sunfilm that I would need to install.

(OR) Should I ask for a discount of 1k and get the 3M installed from outside? How do I make sure that the dealer is fitting either garwale or 3M and not making a fool out of me by installing some unknown brand.

2- Remote lock/reverse/impact sensor - DSC says they have only Hyundai manufactured remote and Xenos with them. But for this I would need to pay extra 3k. Do you guys recommend going for Hyundai remote or is there any other brand I can have fitted aftermath? I do not want Piranha as I have had very bad experience with it.

-> I would also want the soft-metal car door pedal for protection. Apart from the looks, does this has any real utility? does it make sense in fitting them, do they protect the door pedal from getting damaged.

As for the seatcovers, I would like to use the OEM covers seats as it is. But again guys, any advice if I have put extra covers on top of them? is it necessary. I know seat covers are personal choice, but again I need your opinion and experiences.

As for the stearing cover, can I have get the Hyundai stearing cover as it is in Asta model?

Thank you guys
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-054.jpg  

Last edited by MutantX : 15th June 2010 at 09:18.
Old 15th June 2010, 09:51   #260
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride MutantX. I was just getting a sunfilm for my car the other day and the rates that I have come across are like 1500 for Garware and 2500 for 3M(starting rates). So I guess paying another 1000 bucks for the 3M film is the right amount. And as far as the company people cheating us with duplicate sunfilms, I am not sure. But I believe the 3M sunfilm will have a logo or something.

When I purchased my i10, I went for the company keyless entry. I would say that the company remote actually looks better (just my opinion) and neat than the ones we get installed from outside. In remotes like piranha we have to press a key combination to actually open the door without making the sound. The company remote actually lets us program it so that we can switch off and switch on the sound as we need.

I got the seat cover from the company itself. The artificial leather one that they offer which came to approximately 4000 bucks. I am not quite satisfied with them because the seat of the i10 is quite curvy and its difficult to get the perfect shape. You have some loose corners here and there. So i guess the stock seat itself would look the best if it can be kept neat.

If you can get the Asta steering wheel cover from the one in the picture that you posted I guess that would be the best. I have always found the steering cover that you get from outside quite hideous.
Old 15th June 2010, 10:07   #261
BHPian

@nithin dude thanks for the suggestion. Is the Hyundai remote covered completely under Hyundai warranty? can it be serviced by the Hyundai service center?

I agree that the Hyundai remote looks much better and professional when compared to other remotes. Guess the car is going to be stock OEM without any mods haha how refreshing.

Nithin dude, do the sunfilm rates uve quoted also include the installation on the windshield?

Last edited by MutantX : 15th June 2010 at 10:11.
Old 15th June 2010, 10:21   #262
BHPian

You get the warranty card with the remote. I guess it is for three years. And now that you have mentioned it the rate of the sunfilm I have mentioned is without the front windshield. Then i guess the deal that they are offering is pretty good. But you will have to double check how to find out if the film is genuine from someone who knows sunfilms better.

I have to say the car would look pretty good being just stock. Are you planning to go for alloys?
Old 15th June 2010, 10:35   #263
BHPian

Sunfilm : Go ahead with 3M from the dealer. My personal suggestion. If anything happens with the setup, you can definitely sit on thier heads to get the things done [ In my case, they screwed the llumar film when they put it on one window. Got it replaced at the dealer. It happened bcos of the bubbles ].
Old 15th June 2010, 10:38   #264
Senior - BHPian

Please upgrade the tyres to Michelin 175/70/R13. Very much recommended.
Fix a deal with some tyre shop for the same.

Instead of the sun film, ask the dealer for a discount on the fog lights. Ask the dealer what is the cost of sun film they are providing. They wil surely quote a higher value than outside. tell them to adjust that amount on the fog lights. Most dealers give 10% discount on OEM accessories when you buy new car. So work out a nice deal. Sun film can had outside too.
I guess, the i10 remote is for 4500 (post bargaining or MRP - not sure). Ensure you get a similar quote.
Old 15th June 2010, 10:45   #265
BHPian

Actually Nithin, I plan to upsize the tyres right away. I have asked the dealer for a quote. He said he would provide it to me today. Lemme see. But as it is I am spending a lot for getting the car. May be Just may be, would wait for a year before upgrading.

@lambuhere1 - Thanks dude. I will workout a deal for the 3M sunfilm. These guys are not even blinking an eye! damn i didnt get the corporate discount since my company isnt listed in their database. The company I work is a mid-tier IT organization. Dont know why it isnt listed. Does it have to do with the location? The company has its base in Pune, but I work in the client's location in Chennai. Lemme see what can be done.

@dipen - If I upgrade, I would like to go for 14 incher! I will ask and fix a deal.

Guys canyone give me contacts with tyre dealers in chennai who can give me very good deal on my brand new tyre? and also let me know the cost of upgrading the tyres to Yoko 14' (may be 185/60/R14) and good alloys?

Thanks,

Last edited by MutantX : 15th June 2010 at 10:52.
Old 15th June 2010, 10:56   #266
Senior - BHPian

About 14", if your wife is also going to be using this car, I suggest you make her test drive a car with 14" if you can manage. She might find it slightly heavier compared to the earlier i10 you had.
Old 15th June 2010, 11:24   #267
BHPian

@MutantX - Do let me know how the deal with the tires go. Am also planning to go for a new set of alloys and tires for my Zen here in Chennai. Never got the time to go out and hunt for tires. I am actually thinking going for a bling bling look and looking for 14" alloys and 195/45 R14 tires. I saw some reviews about two place on the Directories Chennai page here. One Lals and Tyrestore. Seems people are quite satisfied with those places. You could check out those places. The complete details are provided in that thread.

When are you going to take the delivery of the car?

Last edited by nithin_86 : 15th June 2010 at 11:25. Reason: Forgot to add a query
Old 15th June 2010, 12:51   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
About 14", if your wife is also going to be using this car, I suggest you make her test drive a car with 14" if you can manage. She might find it slightly heavier compared to the earlier i10 you had.
Yes she would also be driving. That is the main reason I wanted upsize so that she can experience extra grip and better truning in curves. Let me checkout the price and the exchange procedure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin_86 View Post
@MutantX - Do let me know how the deal with the tires go. Am also planning to go for a new set of alloys and tires for my Zen here in Chennai. Never got the time to go out and hunt for tires. I am actually thinking going for a bling bling look and looking for 14" alloys and 195/45 R14 tires. I saw some reviews about two place on the Directories Chennai page here. One Lals and Tyrestore. Seems people are quite satisfied with those places. You could check out those places. The complete details are provided in that thread.

When are you going to take the delivery of the car?
Surething nithin mate. I will check it out. I guess LaL agencies do a professional job when it comes to replacing the stock tyres and upgrading to 14 incher. Let me check it out.

Last edited by MutantX : 15th June 2010 at 12:52.
Old 15th June 2010, 23:02   #269
Senior - BHPian

3M better than Garware, this is an open-ended statement. Both these brands have different categories of sunfilms and overall 3M is considered to be much better but if you compare 3M's RE Series with Garware's Articool series, the latter is better.

I would suggest that you get the sunfilm from a reputed aftermarket installer and refer to Sunfilm threads for the same. RE50 is a good and affordable option from 3M and Garware has Classic and NF to compete with 3M's counterpart mentioned. Both are equally good films, the choice is upto you and do check the Sunfilm thread for more options.
Old 16th June 2010, 00:46   #270
Senior - BHPian

@mutantx - if you go for 14" - get 185/60R14. They are a perfect upgrade from 155/80R13 stock tires.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks