Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2011, 23:32   #301
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Yea is the quality any good? Even the price in the poster is mentioned as special "Prize". Though the parts provided look exhaustive.
For the money we pay, its worth the penny. Lot of useful accessories.
Usage might be very minimal, but worth to carry since it would be handy when needed.
Old 21st October 2011, 08:33   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Unless the stock tyres are absolute cra*, which I don't think they are, I would advise to stay away from an upsize to avoid any hassles regarding the warranty and/or insurance claims.

Technically, i.e. by letter of law, you should not be changing the tyre specifications prescribed by the manufacturer for your car. So if you are upsizing, it's a violation of the manufacturer specs and therefore can void your warranty.
+1 to that. If I am right the Fiesta Cassic comes with stock MRF tyres which needs to go definitely. The tyres can be changed to Michelin Energy XM1+, no need to upsize the rims.
Old 21st October 2011, 09:24   #303
BHPian

Guys, Please advice me.. Can i buy this ebay item? Will it fit in the 2008 Wagon R ? Universal 10 in 1 USB Charger Cable With Car +Wall Charger For Mobile Ipod & PSP | eBay

thanks in advance
Old 21st October 2011, 09:40   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Torque View Post
Guys, Please advice me.. Can i buy this ebay item? Will it fit in the 2008 Wagon R ? Universal 10 in 1 USB Charger Cable With Car +Wall Charger For Mobile Ipod & PSP | eBay

thanks in advance
Its a universal charger right ? So should work on all the cars through the Cigar lighter socket.

I doubt it can charge multiple devices at the same time. I guess it will work one device at once. Looks like a good deal if you ask me. Considering that i had paid around a 100 bucks for just a single pin HTC charger.

And anyway, you have a money back warranty. So no need to worry. Give it a try.
Kimified is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 09:42   #305
Senior - BHPian

Chennai Members! There is an Auto expo going on in Trade center in Nandambakkam. Visitors are allowed tomorrow and day after.Seems the accessories stalls also there. I am planning to visit on Sunday.Though may not be like Auto expo Delhi at least we will get some idea of the Dealers, service providers,spares and accessories dealers in the city
Old 21st October 2011, 13:02   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
If there's one must-have accessory, I'd recommend a rear parking sensor or camera for vehicles with a high rear-end (SX4, DZire?). On the Esteem, the rear is low enough to see the handlebars of bikes that are parked behind so I haven't backed up into one or knocked any over yet.
For my SX4 I have rear sensors linked to a screen that shows distance from object, and reads it out aloud simultaneously. I find this a great boon. Don't know how I did without this earlier.
Old 20th January 2012, 08:02   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

Sun Visor extender: looks to be a good way to avoid getting blinded by sun-light when driving:

http://www.amazon.com/EXTEND-VISOR-S.../ref=pd_sim__7
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 13:57   #308

Hi ,
Has anyone used Motorola TK30 bluetooth handsfree kit for car? Any idea if its possible to get installed in Honda jazz? I'm actually looking for a bluetooth handsfree to integrate with the ICE , any suggestions?

Mods: i hope this is the right thread , tried searching for motorola spec but could not find , hence posting here.

Thanks,
Old 28th May 2012, 19:02   #309

Thanks ever so much, jkdas, naveenchillar. jkdas, thanks for pointing me to the relevant threads, which were a wealth of information. And confusion. :-)

Buying an XUV500. Never owned anything with half as many features (presently driving my 12-year-old Qualis) so tempted as well as confused. Please illuminate.

Trying to narrow down my choices (do advise if 3rd party fittings would be better/cheaper/both and installed without damage.) I live in Delhi.

I think I'll go with the side step, though the XUV is a lot lower than the Qualis floor. The dealer's asking for Rs. 14,500

About the carrier, you see, once a year, I need to take 5 people, two dogs and a modest amount of baggage to the hills and back again. The Qualis was great for this, because you could tuck an enormous amount of stuff under the middle seat. Admittedly, it won't be used for most of the rest of the year. But is it practical to be fixing and taking down a carrier every year? Dealer price for the standard 12 kg aluminium M & M carrier: Rs. 15,000

Do rain visors make sense? I thought they'd be useful for keeping the windows down in the rain. It's always a struggle with fogged up interiors, and using air-conditioning when it's so cool outside has always struck me as profligate. How long before they break? Dealer price: 2,000

Used to the Qualis, I'm petrified by the XUV's pathetic little window of rear view. Why do they make most of the rear screen opaque, leaving this small oval? Isn't it a total cop-out on function for the sake of form? So, while I usually reverse classically, twisted around to look back, I wonder if a rear-view camera will make it any safer? Dealer's asking for Rs. 5000, but I'm considering postponing this and figuring out if the reverse assist is enough. Also, don't cameras just get nicked out of the bumper?

Finally, with kids in the car, it's tempting to put in a screen. The dealer's pushing head-rest screens (for Rs. 17,000, but those will be limiting. An overhead flip-down would be visible from both second and third rows, right? How much would those run to? And how is sound handled?

Finally (and sorry for the really long list of questions) is the Amsaki tracker any use, or have NCR thieves figured out how to locate and disable it? Again, the street price seems to be Rs. 7500 + installation, while the dealer is pricing at Rs. 9000.

Sorry for the length of the post, and thanks to any advice that you could share.
Old 9th October 2012, 18:22   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by walchan99 View Post
Thanks ever so much, jkdas, naveenchillar. jkdas, thanks for pointing me to the relevant threads, which were a wealth of information. And confusion. :-)

Buying an XUV500. Never owned anything with half as many features (presently driving my 12-year-old Qualis) so tempted as well as confused. Please illuminate.

Trying to narrow down my choices (do advise if 3rd party fittings would be better/cheaper/both and installed without damage.) I live in Delhi.

I think I'll go with the side step, though the XUV is a lot lower than the Qualis floor. The dealer's asking for Rs. 14,500

About the carrier, you see, once a year, I need to take 5 people, two dogs and a modest amount of baggage to the hills and back again. The Qualis was great for this, because you could tuck an enormous amount of stuff under the middle seat. Admittedly, it won't be used for most of the rest of the year. But is it practical to be fixing and taking down a carrier every year? Dealer price for the standard 12 kg aluminium M & M carrier: Rs. 15,000

Do rain visors make sense? I thought they'd be useful for keeping the windows down in the rain. It's always a struggle with fogged up interiors, and using air-conditioning when it's so cool outside has always struck me as profligate. How long before they break? Dealer price: 2,000

Used to the Qualis, I'm petrified by the XUV's pathetic little window of rear view. Why do they make most of the rear screen opaque, leaving this small oval? Isn't it a total cop-out on function for the sake of form? So, while I usually reverse classically, twisted around to look back, I wonder if a rear-view camera will make it any safer? Dealer's asking for Rs. 5000, but I'm considering postponing this and figuring out if the reverse assist is enough. Also, don't cameras just get nicked out of the bumper?

Finally, with kids in the car, it's tempting to put in a screen. The dealer's pushing head-rest screens (for Rs. 17,000, but those will be limiting. An overhead flip-down would be visible from both second and third rows, right? How much would those run to? And how is sound handled?

Finally (and sorry for the really long list of questions) is the Amsaki tracker any use, or have NCR thieves figured out how to locate and disable it? Again, the street price seems to be Rs. 7500 + installation, while the dealer is pricing at Rs. 9000.

Sorry for the length of the post, and thanks to any advice that you could share.
I have going to take delivery of the XUV in week, so have thought through some of these.
The side step, is a good item to have. Unfortunately, the prices seem to vary quite a bit. Here in Hyderabad, the dealer is quoting 15K, where as the Bangalore dealers are providing this at 9.5K. Rain visors might be good for the rains, but I felt they spoil the look, so am opting against those. On the topic of reverse cam, I plan to get it as the SUV is huge and has poor visibility in the rear view. I believe the sensors are pretty good, but the camera should give you that additional confidence. Here it is available for 3.5K.
I would recommend against the head rest screens. I hear the pixel quality if poor. Would suggest buying a couple of tables with mounting support. Even a great 7 inch tab like the Nexus 7 will only cost you about 12-13K each, and they will beat the stupid screens by a mile. Based on your budget, you can upgrade to the IPad or go for a lower budget Tabs.. this will give you better quality and more personalized options for the kids (games/movies/songs etc etc). If the tab has bluetooth you can connect it to the HU.. the only challenge is that you will need to be careful about security .
I am not sure about the tracker.
Old 2nd March 2013, 05:27   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
2. High quality Sun film: This helps to protect the interiors and occupants from the extreme climatic conditions.
Hi GTO,

I think we should remove the above quoted point from the post since the usage of Sun Films are now officially banned. I know I'm quoting an old post, but I noticed it when I was checking out our Advice section. The "Must-have Accessories for your new car" under Advice > On Buying section had this point mentioned and I thought it was directly pulling the info from the first post on the related discussion.

Let me know if I should post this in the Suggestions thread.

Best,
r-six
Old 2nd March 2013, 10:54   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Hi GTO,

I think we should remove the above quoted point from the post since the usage of Sun Films are now officially banned. I know I'm quoting an old post, but I noticed it when I was checking out our Advice section. The "Must-have Accessories for your new car" under Advice > On Buying section had this point mentioned and I thought it was directly pulling the info from the first post on the related discussion.

Let me know if I should post this in the Suggestions thread.

Best,
r-six
Hello R-six,

I believe there are some sun-films which are not too dark and are allowed. I also think that the dealers give some sort of certificate for this compliance. I will be glad if someone corrects me, in case I am wrong.

Regards,
Saket
Old 3rd March 2013, 00:01   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Hello R-six,

I believe there are some sun-films which are not too dark and are allowed. I also think that the dealers give some sort of certificate for this compliance. I will be glad if someone corrects me, in case I am wrong.

Regards,
Saket
No, no matter how light your sunfilm is and you have certificate from company. As per the latest order, you are not allowed to put any kind of sun films on your car.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 12:21   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
No, no matter how light your sunfilm is and you have certificate from company. As per the latest order, you are not allowed to put any kind of sun films on your car.
The minimum visibility should be 70% i.e the standard OE glass. The % is etched on the window glasses.

Only if the manufactures provided window blinds as OE.
Old 2nd September 2013, 16:47   #315
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 9th September 2013 at 15:54.
neon is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks