Team-BHP - ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/21800-article-must-have-accessories-your-new-car-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancer80 (Post 480043)
Which sun film do you recommend if the car has leather interiors? (something not with a steep price tag) Please let me know the cost too.

Do we need to put sun film on the windshield ? Does it help?

if its art leather it will get quite hot in summers so choose a slightly darker shade and 3M is a good brand and it will cost you in the range of 1K for 4 windows and rear. I suggest leave the front windhshield alone.

Excuse me, does 3m come for just 1k ?? mobike, yoiu might want to correct that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 480051)
Excuse me, does 3m come for just 1k ?? mobike, yoiu might want to correct that.

AFAIK, it comes for that price mebbe a couple of hundred more but as you rightly pointed out, whether its actually a 3M or not maybe suspicious;)

In my entire car driving span of 16 years, i always bargained sunfilms as part of the car buying deal and never paid for it till date but, i do enquire prices of various accessories all the time so thats how i know

@Sudip: Are you 100% sure, because the dealer himself has suggested this... :)

In case, this guy is trying to con me (which is obvious if what u say is true), how can i make sure whether this is part of the company provided car?

hey mobike: the dealer is asking me 1.7K for normal sunfilm and 4.5K for 3M !!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by EatMyDust (Post 480161)
@Sudip: Are you 100% sure, because the dealer himself has suggested this... :)

In case, this guy is trying to con me (which is obvious if what u say is true), how can i make sure whether this is part of the company provided car?

In this hugely cost cutting world where everyone is trying to increase their profit margins, something like under body anti-rust coating by manafacturers is highly doubtful as they leave quite a few things to be taken care as after market accessories ( to make even more money !!! ):p

Hi all,

Here is the list that I added when I bought my wagon R Lxi

1. LHORVM
2. day/night RVM
3. Cigarette lighter (for power output)
4. Foot pump for filling air into tyres with a good pressure gauge

Regards,

Dealers keep a high margin on that job, so they push for it. Ask someone in the auto industry for an unbiased view. A cheap car will have a cheap underbody protection but no car will have zero protection. Maruti's original protection is good for two monsoons.
But end of the day it's your money.

can anyone let me know a good place for getting the sun film in bangalore for my safari dicor

Quote:

Originally Posted by babureddy (Post 480312)
can anyone let me know a good place for getting the sun film in bangalore for my safari dicor

AFAIK, sun film installation is hardly any skill. you can get it installed from any reputed dealer.

thanks mobike008, yes it can be done...but my problem was that here i read somewhere in team-bhp that in bangalore, there are very few places where they have people to install it properly. I had also read that there is a store which deals particulary in sun films. I was just looking for it, yes if i don't find it, then i will follow your suggestion. Thanks anyway...

@sudipto: I spoke to the dealer again- this time he says, the car does have underbody paint but only one coat. :) I think I'll get it done but not from the dealer.

Can anyone tell me, exactly what does this underbody paint protect the chassis from?

Quote:

Originally Posted by EatMyDust (Post 480161)
hey mobike: the dealer is asking me 1.7K for normal sunfilm and 4.5K for 3M !!!!

Thats the price of the original 3M. I paid 3.5k for my esteem. :)

[quote=EatMyDust;480475Can anyone tell me, exactly what does this underbody paint protect the chassis from?[/quote]

Anti-rust treatment as the name suggest protects from rust, chipped stones while driving on gravel and basically small bumps when you drive over rough roads/breakers etc.

Which one to go for? Where can I get in Bangalore..

GTO, excellent write up..

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 384261)
1. High quality cleaning cloth

EatMyDust
Listen to everybody but follow your heart. Go for it if your heart wants it. Ensure that you get to see what they are doing - whether dealer workshop or outside. Though, putting a coat of paint on an existing coat is not really a scientific thing to do (bonding on smooth surface isn't good), but I know what is going through your heart - "I want to give my car the best I can". Go for it.