Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2010, 20:23   #286
Senior - BHPian

I was quoted 2.6k for Hyudai remote (autocop.in) was embosed on remote. Gear lock was quoted for 1k. I am yet to decide on both.

So far I have got from outside is:
Osram Nightbreaker Rs.1050/-
Roots Windtone+Relay Rs.550/- (450+100)
3M-CR70 Front Windshield Rs.5,700/-
3M-RE35 Sides and Rear Rs.3,140/-

I think 0.6k is a good price for gear knob as mentioned in this thread.
Old 19th June 2010, 20:38   #287
BHPian

ehe am sorry but what is Windtone+relay? yea accessories are the items where the dealer makes a good profit from. Hence cant complain much.
Old 19th June 2010, 20:47   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
ehe am sorry but what is Windtone+relay? yea accessories are the items where the dealer makes a good profit from. Hence cant complain much.
Roots windtone is a pair of excellent horns. There are many posts about it:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...light=windtone
Old 19th June 2010, 21:58   #289
BHPian

dude, seriously you need a pair these horns in metro cities! right from cyclists, auto walas and the pedestrians who are deaf and extremely dumb.
Old 22nd June 2010, 00:55   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude, remote lock was 3k. This is the Hyundai remote that I am using. I guess it is an Autocop original with Hyundai seal on it.

I did enquire about the Asta gear knob, steering cover and the handbrake leather wrap! these guys confirmed that I would need to place an other to get it. The sales guys are yet to get back to me on the cost & time to get these accessories!.

Mukesh any idea how to get these OE aftermath other than going through the dealer?
Please upload comparative pics of the Asta specific stuff you're looking for in relation to what you got.

Mukesh, I would suggest you Minda's Trumpet Horn over Roots. I've used Roots, Bosch & Hella but these are no match to Minda. Minda's Trumpet earlier came in a packing mentioning Minda Fiamm, they're also known as Klaxon which as per BHPian Maglev are OE in his Octavia.

Roots suffered from Cold during Winters and only one horn worked, Bosch worked fine but the sound wasn't loud enough and Hella gave up twice (I got one replacement under warranty and now second one is due). The defective horn has been replaced by another Minda Trumpet and it sounds great and loud, which is required as the car is driven on roads dominated by truckers.
Old 22nd June 2010, 08:16   #291
BHPian

tsk13, actually I havent got anything. I had been to GP Road in chennai and got a steering cover similar to the one used in ASTA. To my disgust, the steering cover was way too lengthy for i10. Unfortunatly, I had lost the packing and I am unable to return to steering cover. I am talking to the DSC hyundai accessories department to know if it would be possible to order for these ASTA stuff through their stores.

As for the power Horns, which-ever aftermarket shop I had enquired, they were unwilling to give any warranty on the Horns (be it Roots or Bosch or even Hella). I suspect it might be grey stuff that they are trying to push on me.

I do not mind spending extra 100/200 bucks as long as I get really good horns with warranty (quality). Let me check Minda Trumpet at the local stores.
Old 22nd June 2010, 12:25   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
tsk13, actually I havent got anything. I had been to GP Road in chennai and got a steering cover similar to the one used in ASTA. To my disgust, the steering cover was way too lengthy for i10. Unfortunatly, I had lost the packing and I am unable to return to steering cover. I am talking to the DSC hyundai accessories department to know if it would be possible to order for these ASTA stuff through their stores.

As for the power Horns, which-ever aftermarket shop I had enquired, they were unwilling to give any warranty on the Horns (be it Roots or Bosch or even Hella). I suspect it might be grey stuff that they are trying to push on me.

I do not mind spending extra 100/200 bucks as long as I get really good horns with warranty (quality). Let me check Minda Trumpet at the local stores.
The Bosch and Hella horns I got were with 6 months warranty, I think Minda also has warranty cover. Minda Trumpet is a good option, go for it.
Old 5th April 2011, 00:45   #293
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car

I got this emergency kit recently. Very useful items in it. Happy that i didn't waste the money.
Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-email-_automobile-emergency-kit-_-design.jpg  

Old 20th April 2011, 12:19   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2vm View Post
I got this emergency kit recently. Very useful items in it. Happy that i didn't waste the money.
They provide gloves as well? A very detailed kit i must say, is the quality good?
Old 16th May 2011, 12:29   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Tyres / Alloys

1. Tyre Upgrade: Some models of cars come severely under-tyred from the factory. We would highly recommend you to upgrade your tyres to a more appropriate size. You can do this straight from the showroom to get the best exchange price. Link :
2. Alloy Wheels: If the budget permits.
Need help from fellow team mates. I recently booked the 1.6 Fiesta Classic. The delivery is just a week away, & I was informed by the S.A that the tires cannot be upgraded since it will void mechanical warranty.
The Fiesta LXI comes with 175 specs tires & I wanted to upgrade to a 195 patch.
Should I go ahead with the upgrade or blindly believe what's been told. I do understand that the car specs are arrived at after careful considerations by it's engineers.
Old 3rd October 2011, 14:36   #296
Senior - BHPian

Another item to the list of must-have accessories should be a floor jack. The jack supplied with the car often is inadequate or difficult to use (especially with the short tommy). Buying a hydraulic floor jack (maybe a smaller size) will help in avoiding unintended damage caused by the jack slipping or breaking. Though it's heavy to lift, it can be wheeled around and is extremely easy to use.
Old 9th October 2011, 19:22   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2vm View Post
Yea is the quality any good? Even the price in the poster is mentioned as special "Prize". Though the parts provided look exhaustive.
Old 10th October 2011, 11:33   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
The Fiesta LXI comes with 175 specs tires & I wanted to upgrade to a 195 patch.
Unless the stock tyres are absolute cra*, which I don't think they are, I would advise to stay away from an upsize to avoid any hassles regarding the warranty and/or insurance claims.

Technically, i.e. by letter of law, you should not be changing the tyre specifications prescribed by the manufacturer for your car. So if you are upsizing, it's a violation of the manufacturer specs and therefore can void your warranty.
Old 10th October 2011, 14:08   #299
BHPian

If there's one must-have accessory, I'd recommend a rear parking sensor or camera for vehicles with a high rear-end (SX4, DZire?). On the Esteem, the rear is low enough to see the handlebars of bikes that are parked behind so I haven't backed up into one or knocked any over yet.
Old 10th October 2011, 19:13   #300
Senior - BHPian

I have not yet faced any issues while reversing my Ikon, which has a very high butt. Of course one must ensure both the side mirrors are opened and correctly positioned and before entering the car, a survey of what lies behind helps too.

That said, I think a passenger side ORVM should be a necessary accessory for cars which don't have one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks