Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2014, 04:41   #316

Re: ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car

I think point 2 under interior enhancement should be removed since sun films are banned now, right?
Old 24th May 2014, 08:47   #317
BHPian

3 years with my Honda City!

Fellow Team-BHP members,

As my All New Honda City marks its 3 year anniversary, here goes my very first post on team-BHP. This is a summary of various accessories that I've purchased over the years. I didn't go for any modifications yet, as even a simple headlight bulb replacement can void the warranty, according to the Honda Service center I visit. Also, I'm a bit anxious because I feel any after-market modifications might result in a lower resale value(most buyers seem to prefer the car's condition to be as similar as possible to the first time it drives out of the showroom), and if not done at the right place by an experienced person, could result in serious irreparable damage to the vehicle.

Starting off with the most important and beautiful accessory first - my Team-BHP keychain. A top quality product, material looks and feels premium.
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-keychain.jpg

The very first thing I noticed when I drove this vehicle is the extreme road noise the stock Goodyear tyres generated. Suspension noise is quite common on this vehicle when going over speed bumps or potholes, but these tyres created a grating vibration even on regular smooth roads. After about a month of trying to adjust to this noise, I went ahead and swapped them for Michelin Energy XM2. Purchased them at CrossOvers in Secunderabad. Very professional fitment and fantastic set of tyres, they reduced noise to almost nil, and provided superior road grip. (Sorry if the tyre specs are unreadabale. This is my first attempt at resizing a picture)
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-tyre.jpg

Owning a silver car in Hyderabad, where every other building is under construction and monsoons equal mini lakes on every turn, is quite challenging. Got a paint sealant program done from 3M car care, exceptional service by them. Not a single surface was left untouched. They even lifted the boot and bonnet lids and covered the painted areas underneath. Top-notch work. A regular washing and cleaning regime, followed by a wax coat every other week, keeps the shine on. So far, I've only used Formula1 wax, as it is easy to apply and I do not have power outlets in my parking area to use motorized applicators. A simple wax coat using microfiber. Elbow grease. I also purchased ProKlear Nano glass protectant on eBay and applied that to all the glass on my car. Amazing water beading during rains. The coating also reduced cabin temperature considerably, which is a great boon after the anti-tint supreme court ruling. However, after reading other posts on Team-BHP, I'm planning to go in for Meguairs Ultimate Polish followed by Sonax wax.
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-front.jpg
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-left.jpg
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-right.jpg
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-rear.jpg

Now we're going to step inside. Open the door to see the beautiful blue illuminated door sill scuff plate. That's what the dealer told me these are called. Purchased these at Stunnerz in Madhapur. The wiring was done very neatly. Took about half an hour to install. It was painful to see them ripping the inner insulation to hook up the wiring (In relation to my modification panic button), but they did a very good job and everything snapped back into place. They look really classy, and the blue led is a very pleasing color. I'm not sure how far they protect, but wiping these with a mildly damp cloth is far easier than cleaning/waxing the paint on the inner door jams.
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-sill-plate.jpg

The only Honda accessory I asked for is a set of leather seat covers. The Honda seats are quite comfortable, and the beige leather perfectly matches the beige interiors. Overall quite satisfied with this.
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-seat-front.jpg
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-seat-rear.jpg

3d floor mats - Kagu. Definitely my most expensive set of floor mats ever, and most expensive purchase from eBay too. But after trying out various cheaper alternatives, there's really no need to look elsewhere. These are custom fit to each vehicle, offer good grip due to their 3D shape and velcro strips which stick to the carpeting. Completely waterproof. On normal days, just a simple tap against the nearest pillar/wall, is sufficient to get the dust off. Cost justified.
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-floor-mat.jpg

Got bored of the Honda dash, with its matt silver console and clunky buttons. A random call from Reliance Autozone had me go up to their store in Tolichowki. Picked up the Autographix wooden dasboard trim. Really transformed the interiors of the vehicle, giving it a very premium feel. Definitely worth the money
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-dash1.jpg
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-dash2.jpg
Important Note: I also purchased a pack of comcast spray paint, to hide some scratches caused by unruly hyderabad traffic. Never Ever go for this thing. Although the color is supposed to match my vehicle perfectly, I could never spray it right and resulted in a nasty patch, which I ultimately had to go to the Honda service center to get corrected. .Waste of money.

That's all folks. At close to 35,000 kilometers at decent average of 12.4 km/pl, it's been 3 years of countless memories. This car truly makes me want to "Live to drive"
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-instrument.jpg
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-kilometer.jpg
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-mileage.jpg

Please comment and let me know your thoughts. Also, I would like suggestions on any other accessories that are useful.
My next wishlist:
Philips headlight replacement (Stock lights are terrible in my opinion)
K&N Air Filter (Not sure where to buy this from)
A set of cleaning products and polishes, based on thread by 'pedaltothefloor'

Hope you liked this post.

Regards,
ArvindYoga

Last edited by Arvindyoga : 25th May 2014 at 14:50. Reason: removed acronyms
Arvindyoga is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 04:36   #318
BHPian

Re: 3 years with my Honda City!

Thank You Arvind for sharing.

The car is definitely well maintained and you have have taken good care of it.I would request you to add some more details like the overall maintenance cost in these 3 years, your experiences with the ASS from Honda and also your preferred service center for obvious reasons.I liked the scuff plates and did you face any challenges with Honda denying the warranty in case you needed after the installation for some other reason.I loved the seat covers they definitely look premium how much did they dent your pocket.Kindly add the details when ever you find time.
Also regarding the headlights what specifications are you actually looking at.
You can find the list of authorized K&N dealers in Hyderabad below.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/dealersearch.aspx

cheers,
pdma.
Old 25th May 2014, 08:40   #319
BHPian

Thanks for sharing.
We have a Honda City which is turning 2 and a half and is at the 25k km mark.
Please don't take offence, I don't think very much of the dash kit,just my opinion.
The stock tires are crap, dying for my set to wear out.Did you retain the stock size?
The drive is great, the engine is brilliant. Suspension could have been much better. Speed breakers are a problem. Otherwise I love the car.
The mileage in winters comes as a surprise doesn't it?
You seem to have taken great care of her. The seat covers look great, how much did they set you back by?
Wish you many more happy trouble free years with your Honda.
Old 25th May 2014, 08:54   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvindyoga View Post
Fellow Team-BHP members,
As my ANHC marks its 3 year anniversary, here goes my very first post on team-BHP. This is a summary of various accessories that I've purchased over the years. I didn't go for any modifications yet, as even a simple headlight bulb replacement can void the warranty, according to the Honda Service center I visit.
Arvind, You have kept the car in excellent shape. See, even I own a similar model with Urban Titanium shade which I purchased in October 2011. Headlights are a issue in this model but replacing the bulbs won't void any warranty. I have used Philips H4 White Bulbs and the lighting had improved.

Quote:
Also, I'm a bit anxious because I feel any after-market modifications might result in a lower resale value(most buyers seem to prefer the car's condition to be as similar as possible to the first time it drives out of the showroom), and if not done at the right place by an experienced person, could result in serious irreparable damage to the vehicle.
See this an individual's perception and it's a matter of liking. There is no modification which reduces re-sale of a car. The car's resale value is decided primarily by the year of manufacture and then by number of kilometers it has run. However, I do agree that these modifications should be done by a good modifier. My car started to get the after-market mods after completing 1 year of purchase. Here is the link to my car's review: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-speakers.html

Quote:
The very first thing I noticed when I drove this vehicle is the extreme road noise the stock Goodyear tyres generated. Suspension noise is quite common on the ANHC when going over speed bumps or potholes, but these tyres created a grating vibration even on regular smooth roads.
I do agree on that as Honda City's this model has got 175 width Tyre with 15 inch rim size which are not good enough so I guess you may have opted for 195 width. But, till date I never encountered any suspension noise even after using it for approx 29k kilometers. The one thing that I crib about is the low ground clearance of this model.

Quote:
That's all folks. At close to 35,000 kilometers at decent average of 12.4 km/pl, it's been 3 years of countless memories.
I also use to have the FE equal to 12.4 kmpl earlier but now it has risen to 13 kmpl.

Quote:
I would like suggestions on any other accessories that are useful. My next wishlist:

Philips headlight replacement (ANHC lights are terrible in my opinion)
This is the perfect upgrade if in case you don't like to go for projector setup. In case of bulbs use the Philips H4 bulbs which come with 2 free parking bulbs. Don't go for HID setup since it will result in scattering of the light.

Quote:
K&N Air Filter (Not sure where to buy this from)
If you have a 'Reliance Autozone' outlet in your city then you can buy from them. I purchased K&N from Reliance Autozone in Delhi. It actually increases the power by 3-5% and its really easy to maintain. But do remember to buy it with the cleaning kit.

Just in case you need any type of assistance from my end please feel free to mark a PM.

Thanks

Last edited by ad3952n : 25th May 2014 at 08:55.
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 14:42   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
The car is definitely well maintained and you have have taken good care of it.
I would request you to add some more details like the overall maintenance cost in these 3 years, your experiences with the ASS from Honda and also your preferred service center for obvious reasons.
Thank you for your good words pdma. Honda has a maintenance schedule every 5000 kms. My vehicle covers that distance in about 6 months. At an average service cost of Rs.6-7k per servicing, we're looking at a maintenance cost of 12-15k annually. This is for general servicing and does not include cost of repairs due to damage. Considering hyderabad road and driving conditions, one fender bender a year is almost mandatory. Was rear-ended once by an over-zealous biker, resulting in a big dent on the rear bumper. The service advisor said the entire rear bumper had to be replaced. Set me back 11k, including painting and labor cost. So I would say, for city usage of 40 kms per weekday, a reasonable estimate of maintenance cost would be 20k per year.

Purchased this car from Sundaram Honda at M.G road, secunderabad. It has been my one and only service center in the past 3 years. Service Advisors are very knowledgeable and their servicing is as close to perfection as realistically possible. However, Honda parts are quite expensive. Apart from general maintenance and servicing, I find almost everything else over-priced.

Quote:
I liked the scuff plates and did you face any challenges with Honda denying the warranty in case you needed after the installation for some other reason.
The mechanic at Stunnerz assured me that there would be no issues with warranty as no wiring is being tampered with. No holes were drilled, no screws/nails inserted and no parts were taken out. The wiring for the LED runs under the rubber jacket and under the interior panel housing. The plates came with sufficient wiring, and were secured with nothing other than 3M tape and electrical tape to insulate the wiring connections.

Quote:
I loved the seat covers they definitely look premium how much did they dent your pocket.
Got the seat covers fitted prior to taking initial delivery of the vehicle. Not sure of the exact amount as I had paid for them along with the vehicle down-payment. I believe they costed around 45-50k. Later realized that I could have gotten similar work done at Stanley for a fraction of that price. Like I said, everything at Honda appears to be overpriced.

Quote:
Also regarding the headlights what specifications are you actually looking at.
I swapped the stock headlights with Philips Xtreme Vision H4 60/55W. Even though the wattage is same, the Philips bulb is brighter due to better technology. The lighting is far better than stock, but still feels inadequate for highways, specially on low beam. Purchased them at eBay for about 1200.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
ArvindYoga

Last edited by Arvindyoga : 25th May 2014 at 14:53. Reason: Removed Acronyms
Arvindyoga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 01:36   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Thanks for sharing.
We have a Honda City which is turning 2 and a half and is at the 25k km mark.
Please don't take offence, I don't think very much of the dash kit,just my opinion.
The stock tires are crap, dying for my set to wear out.Did you retain the stock size?
The drive is great, the engine is brilliant. Suspension could have been much better. Speed breakers are a problem. Otherwise I love the car.
The mileage in winters comes as a surprise doesn't it?
You seem to have taken great care of her. The seat covers look great, how much did they set you back by?
Wish you many more happy trouble free years with your Honda.
Hi Promit,
Apologies for my late reply. Congrats on your vehicle!

I personally didn't think the dash kit would make much difference either, until I had it installed. Costed me just 1,000 rupees from Reliance Autozone. The dealer assured that it would not leave any residue or damage the finish in any way. My thoughts were that the worst case scenario would be I throw away 1,000. However, my impression changed once the entire kit was installed. It reduces the amount of plastic visible to the eye, makes it feel premium. More importantly, my maintenance for it in the past 3 years consisted of wiping it with a damp microfiber cloth every other week. Hasn't faded or peeled off anywhere. For the money, it seems to be a good buy.

Yes I retained the stock size, but that's only because of my phobia for voiding the warranty. Based on several reviews here on team-bhp by experienced car enthusiasts, 195 is the optimum size.

Regarding mileage, check out mdsaab's review. I tried out a few driving tips he posted. Fuel economy shot up from 12.4 to 13.5 kmpl in 2 days!!

Paid for the seats along with my initial downpayment, so my best guess would be 45-50k for the leather seats. Do check out Stanley. They're the best in the business.

I second you brother, on the sheer beauty of this car and pure driving pleasure. Loving every minute of it.

Please feel free to ask me if you require any other info. I'll try to help as best as I can. Knowledge shared is knowledge doubled.

Cheers!
ArvindYoga
Old 27th May 2014, 01:49   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Arvind, You have kept the car in excellent shape. See, even I own a similar model with Urban Titanium shade which I purchased in October 2011. Headlights are a issue in this model but replacing the bulbs won't void any warranty. I have used Philips H4 White Bulbs and the lighting had improved.

See this an individual's perception and it's a matter of liking. There is no modification which reduces re-sale of a car. The car's resale value is decided primarily by the year of manufacture and then by number of kilometers it has run. However, I do agree that these modifications should be done by a good modifier. My car started to get the after-market mods after completing 1 year of purchase. Here is the link to my car's review: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-speakers.html

Thanks
Hey ad3952n after reading your thread I feel I've done close to nothing bro. Even with my wildest creativity I could never come close to the elegance and neatness of your mods. Have a lot to learn from you.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my questions. Took your advice and purchased the Philips bulbs. Lighting has definitely improved, but somehow I still crave more. Almost everyone in Hyderabad drives with high-beams on and there aren't any dedicated lanes for buses and heavy vehicles. I feel I would need my polarized eyewear more in the night than during the day. I guess nothing can be done about that. However, the proklear nano glass treatment kit I sourced from eBay significantly reduced glare from oncoming vehicles. The light is more diffused, reducing the blinding effect.

Per your suggestion, my next purchase is definitely going to be the K&N air filter. Will head out to Reliance Autozone the next chance I get.

Regarding that, would like to know from you, is there a specification for air filters by vehicle, or do they come in standard sizes like floor mats(Compact, Hatchback, sedan etc. ) I'm sure the dealer would be able to assist, but I'd rather go prepared so that I'm not being taken for a ride.

Once again bro, thank you so much for your valuable suggestions. You've got one more loyal follower to your thread.

Regards,
ArvindYoga
Old 27th May 2014, 01:52   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post

My car started to get the after-market mods after completing 1 year of purchase. Here is the link to my car's review: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-speakers.html

That's quite some work on the car. The black sticker on the bonnet went well with the color of the car.I loved the Mugen gear knob.Also is the antenna at the rear near the fuel lid , is that operational or just a show piece. Overall pretty good looking mods.

Quote:

Got the seat covers fitted prior to taking initial delivery of the vehicle. Not sure of the exact amount as I had paid for them along with the vehicle down-payment. I believe they costed around 45-50k. Later realized that I could have gotten similar work done at Stanley for a fraction of that price. Like I said, everything at Honda appears to be overpriced.

Wow 50K is a bomb. This is pure daylight robbery, anyways since its done there is no point in discussing the same again and feeling bad.
As you rightly pointed out accessories from Honda are way too above the market price , however I see many people opt for the same as they do not want to risk the warranty and get into an awkward situation later.

cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 13:04   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That's quite some work on the car. The black sticker on the bonnet went well with the color of the car.I loved the Mugen gear knob.Also is the antenna at the rear near the fuel lid , is that operational or just a show piece. Overall pretty good looking mods.
Hi brother, Thanks for the praise. This job would not have been possible without my team's support over here. Coming from acclaimed members like you, I feel my efforts have not been wasted. The antenna is very much operational and works with the car's ignition.

Quote:
Hey ad3952n after reading your thread I feel I've done close to nothing bro. Even with my wildest creativity I could never come close to the elegance and neatness of your mods. Have a lot to learn from you.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my questions. Took your advice and purchased the Philips bulbs. Lighting has definitely improved, but somehow I still crave more.
Arvind, To be honest, After seeing your car I was reminded of my car's initial days. Your car is really clean and may god keep it the same way in future. I had no prior knowledge of doing modification and now what all I have done is purely to live my dream of a personal customized car. The elegance and neatness that has been achieved is simply because of selecting the right person for doing the job.

Arvind it's really humbling to know that my car has been able to guide you in the right way.

Quote:
Per your suggestion, my next purchase is definitely going to be the K&N air filter. Will head out to Reliance Autozone the next chance I get.
Regarding that, would like to know from you, is there a specification for air filters by vehicle, or do they come in standard sizes like floor mats(Compact, Hatchback, sedan etc. ) I'm sure the dealer would be able to assist, but I'd rather go prepared so that I'm not being taken for a ride.
Arvind, there is a specific model of K&N that is to be fixed in City I-vtec. For your comfort I am posting a pic of the packing.

ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-photo1167.jpg

This is the Honda City Type 4 K&N Stock replacement air-filter packing. This is the one to be used and I am reminding you once again that please buy it with cleaning kit and do not give away your OEM air filter over there since it will be needed by the car when K&N filter is to be cleaned (It takes 1 day to clean K&N properly).

Quote:
Once again bro, thank you so much for your valuable suggestions. You've got one more loyal follower to your thread.
It feels nice that I am able to guide and help my friend. Pleasure is always mine.

Thanks.

OT: You may call me AD.

Last edited by ad3952n : 27th May 2014 at 13:31. Reason: spelling
Old 31st May 2014, 22:06   #326
BHPian

Uploading pictures of the headlight enhancement using Philips X-treme vision H4 bulbs, for the benefit of other users. This is a very easy install, just like changing a bulb in your house. The Honda User Manual has clear instructions on headlight replacement. Did it myself in about 20 minutes for both bulbs.

Light throw with stock Honda bulbs. No modification.
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-before.jpg

Philips H4 bulb on the driver side and stock Honda bulb on the passenger side.
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-both.jpg

Light after replacement of both bulbs.
ARTICLE: Must-have Accessories for your new car-after.jpg

Well they aren't HID's or projector setups, but for just Rs.1,200 for the pair, the improvement in lighting is noteworthy.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
ArvindYoga
Old 1st June 2014, 18:29   #327
BHPian

Hey guys,
What are your suggestions for must have accessories for the monsoons. It's starting to get cloudy here in hyderabad and I want to be prepared.

My list so far:
Rain mats, although the 3d kagu mats I have are water resistant
A new set of hella wiper blades
Couple of microfiber cloths in the boot
Jump start kit in case battery goes dead

A technical question, little off-topic.. What is the best thing to do if a car stalls due to water entering the tail pipe or front grill?

Regards,
ArvindYoga
Old 1st June 2014, 18:57   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Uploading pictures of the headlight enhancement using Philips X-treme vision H4 bulbs, for the benefit of other users. This is a very easy install, just like changing a bulb in your house. The Honda User Manual has clear instructions on headlight replacement. Did it myself in about 20 minutes for both bulbs.

Light after replacement of both bulbs.

Well they aren't HID's or projector setups, but for just Rs.1,200 for the pair, the improvement in lighting is noteworthy.
Fantastic Arvind, The light beam and coverage has improved manifolds. Good to see that the car has got a useful mod. I hope you got parking bulbs free with the H4 set. Arvind, just keep in mind the suggestions that I gave you on the K&N filter and for the engine oil go for semi synthetic i.e Castrol Magnatec which will cost INR 1575/- for 3.5 L and will be changed after 10,000 Kms. To be frank it wont be heavy on the pocket and will be worth the price.

For alloys go in for 15inch CH-R replicas and since your car is Silver so try to get Black shade alloys.

Looking forward to see your car in best of the shape. Enjoy the mods and god bless!!

Thanks.

Last edited by ad3952n : 1st June 2014 at 18:59.
Old 3rd June 2014, 06:49   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,
What are your suggestions for must have accessories for the monsoons. It's starting to get cloudy here in hyderabad and I want to be prepared.

My list so far:
Rain mats, although the 3d kagu mats I have are water resistant
A new set of hella wiper blades
Couple of microfiber cloths in the boot
Jump start kit in case battery goes dead

A technical question, little off-topic.. What is the best thing to do if a car stalls due to water entering the tail pipe or front grill?

Regards,
ArvindYoga
A flash light is very useful and i always recommend everyone to have one in the boot irrespective of the season and may be you can add an umbrella as well that would be for you though .

As we all know its highly recommended not to drive through heavily water logged areas however in unavoidable circumstances if ever you need to drive across and god forbid the car stalls , just try to crank once and check if any luck , else don't try the second time. Check the amount of water around the car before you open the door , if not above the door level you can get down and try to push the car out of the water and if you are lucky enough some good Samaritans might give you helping hand.
If the water is above the door level then may be you can roll over the windows and call for help might not be too easy to find people around.

Once the car is out of water turn on the ignition and check for any "Engine Check " light, if no light we are lucky , unfortunately if the light glows this the water might have reached some sensible area of the engine or a wet sensor can be the cause, however it may be fatal to assume anything.

One option is to park the car (provided if the area is safe) till a long while and return to check if the engine bay has dried up. You can also check if there is any wetness in the air filters if all looks ok you can try to crank else the best option is to call road side assistance for help.

Anyways all this jazz can be avoided happily by not driving through water. Take a detour or change the route.Most of us know the best route for daily commute in various circumstances. You may loose sometime because of the detour or a longer route but the peace of mind you get is priceless.

cheers,
pdma
Old 3rd June 2014, 09:19   #330
BHPian

Quote:
A flash light is very useful and i always recommend everyone to have one in the boot irrespective of the season and may be you can add an umbrella as well that would be for you though .

As we all know its highly recommended not to drive through heavily water logged areas however in unavoidable circumstances if ever you need to drive across and god forbid the car stalls , just try to crank once and check if any luck , else don't try the second time. Check the amount of water around the car before you open the door , if not above the door level you can get down and try to push the car out of the water and if you are lucky enough some good Samaritans might give you helping hand.
If the water is above the door level then may be you can roll over the windows and call for help might not be too easy to find people around.

Once the car is out of water turn on the ignition and check for any "Engine Check " light, if no light we are lucky , unfortunately if the light glows this the water might have reached some sensible area of the engine or a wet sensor can be the cause, however it may be fatal to assume anything.

One option is to park the car (provided if the area is safe) till a long while and return to check if the engine bay has dried up. You can also check if there is any wetness in the air filters if all looks ok you can try to crank else the best option is to call road side assistance for help.

Anyways all this jazz can be avoided happily by not driving through water. Take a detour or change the route.Most of us know the best route for daily commute in various circumstances. You may loose sometime because of the detour or a longer route but the peace of mind you get is priceless.

cheers,
pdma
Great tips! If the air filter is wet and water enters the engine through the air intake, then we can forget about driving as the engine would be hydro-locked, requiring a complete engine overhaul. As you rightly said, best option is not to drive through water at all.

Also I keep reminding myself that we drive the Honda City. The superior ground clearance will ensure that water enters somewhere or the other, even in the smallest puddles.

I always have an umbrella in the boot. Helps during hyderabad summers as well.

A really useful product I have purchased is the proklear nano glass coating. Has superior water beading on glass and reduces glare from oncoming headlights. They gave me an anti fog kit free. Used that on the inside and now my windshield never fogs up.

Regards,
ArvindYoga

Most Viewed