Old 9th August 2007, 22:14   #136
BHPian

I think GPS and parking sensors are needed in my next car
Old 11th August 2007, 08:52   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubin2006 View Post
I think GPS and parking sensors are needed in my next car
sensors i agree. but what good is GPS in India..you dont have the road maps as accurate as they have in the US, UK and elsewhere
Old 11th August 2007, 12:34   #138
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptik83 View Post
sensors i agree. but what good is GPS in India..you dont have the road maps as accurate as they have in the US, UK and elsewhere
Agree with your point. We don't even have any quality detailed maps available in India !
Old 23rd August 2007, 12:34   #139
BHPian

Great Thread.

After going thru all the 10 pages on it, I have the following quires, which I hope bhpians can help me out with. Do spare some time and thought for it.

If it works out for me, next time, its cheers: on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
i think it starts from 6 to 12 grand, depends on the brand of sensor your using.

i think xenor is good! my friend hasnt had any problems with his after 4 years.
Is Xenor the Only Brand? Can anyone educate me on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Parking sensors warn you of an obstacle while parking. Cost depends on the brands and I think they cost between 5K-7K for a pair of sensors on the rear bumpers.
Mobike, Your inputs shall help me in making my decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Mirror lock is a metal frame around the mirror housing. The mirrors of the internally adjustable types are very expensive and in mumbai these get stolen pretty often.

This prevents the thief from removing the mirror. He cant get it out as the lock is smaller than the mirror and will not come out.
Can they be fitted in Swift? Any information as to how much it costs in BLR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexister View Post
I think another important accessory that can be added is the security film similar to the window film but also offering safety from thiefs trying to break in.
I am getting a Llumar Magnum 200NT security film installed. I was surprised when the distributor told me that no one comes asking for this film except for VIPs. Here in Hyderabad infact I was one of the handful to even ask about these. But due to being a low or non moving item they never procure it as most of the roll lies around after installation on one vehicle. Only in Jan this year has someone has been trained to install these films & even this they arent fully confident. So Im just waiting for their installer to come from Bombay to install this on my vehicle.

It isnt even very expensive. The windows & rear windscreen costing around 6500/- for my Fiesta.

I recommend everyone to get this. Get in touch with Mr. Nagpal of Ambica Auto Agencies (beside Solar Shade on Minister Road) if you want this installed in Hyderabad.

How useful is the security Film? Does it have any effect on the sun film already put on the windows? Any place in BLR to get these ?

Thanks

Ram P
Old 27th September 2007, 21:02   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
After monsoon there are stains on my adventure s' running board and doors, it has got black spots. I have tried all kinds of washing but all in vain.
These are TAR spots, which had been thrown from the road when you have travelled some less than perfect roads. Just get a liter of kerosene, even diesel will do, soak a cloth with kerosene, apply over the spots, let them soak for a min and rub of the spots. Very easy, DIY job. Hope this helps you.

BTW Mods this looks OT to me, so sorry in advance.

Last edited by sumitkalindi : 27th September 2007 at 21:06. Reason: Needed to say This seems OT
Old 27th September 2007, 21:14   #141
Senior - BHPian

Diesel also works well.. had those same spots on my car..got them off with that. its also easier to get than kerosene.
Old 28th September 2007, 02:37   #142
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone mentioned a nice hydraulic jack, and an air compressor driven off the cigarette lighter?
Old 28th September 2007, 08:59   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Has anyone mentioned a nice hydraulic jack, and an air compressor driven off the cigarette lighter?
I think most of the air compressor powered from the cigarette lighter are chinese and conk off very soon. Does someone know of a good brand that is reliable and easy on the pocket too?
Old 28th September 2007, 14:46   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Nothing like a classic back-bender to jack up the car satisfactorily.
Old 28th September 2007, 14:56   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Great Thread.

Is Xenor the Only Brand? Can anyone educate me on this?

Can they be fitted in Swift? Any information as to how much it costs in BLR?
I have fixed XENOS parking sensor in my car. It costs Rs. 3800 for 6 sensors (4 rear + 2 front) with Integrated display in Rearview mirror. Very useful.
Old 28th September 2007, 21:58   #146

I would add:
1. A torch - generally useful but especially so in case you need to change the tyres in a remote, dark place
2. If you are on a long trip, carry the duplicate key with you. Of course, don't keep them together to avoid losing/damaging both at the same time.
Old 29th September 2007, 09:07   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
I think most of the air compressor powered from the cigarette lighter are chinese and conk off very soon. Does someone know of a good brand that is reliable and easy on the pocket too?
Available from Speedworks, Chennai for about Rs 1400/-. At Mumbai, perhaps N1 Racing also carry it.

By anupmathur at 2007-09-28

This is a branded SLIME compressor, so ought to be better than generic Chinese, I guess.

Last edited by anupmathur : 29th September 2007 at 09:11.
Old 29th September 2007, 12:56   #148
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I have fixed XENOS parking sensor in my car. It costs Rs. 3800 for 6 sensors (4 rear + 2 front) with Integrated display in Rearview mirror. Very useful.
Please post some pics ?
Old 29th September 2007, 16:44   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Please post some pics ?
Check his gallery. Pics are there of the parking sensors.
Old 18th October 2007, 20:07   #150
BANNED

Please go in for a good anti-theft system from the dealer, BEFORE taking delivery. At least, get it done before sunset on the day you take delivery. New vehicles are most prone to be stolen.
Anti theft is probably the only accessory you will want to install from the dealer. Most other accessories will be expensive at the dealers'.
PS:- I know that this is more belongs to the 'accessories' section, but better be secure than sorry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks