Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2016, 11:20   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *NEW* car in India

If you take delivery on a temp number (a CRTM) then you have one week to get your vehicle registered at the RTO, but you end up having to do it yourself or pay an agent for the purpose.

Just go ahead and pay in advance, wait.
Old 14th February 2016, 23:46   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Step Three : Sealing the Deal

• Buy insurance yourself: Dealerships profit from fat commissions on every insurance policy sold. Don't buy insurance coverage from the showroom; instead, shop around and take quotes from 3 - 4 insurance companies / agents. You stand to save anywhere between 20 - 40% on insurance by shopping yourself and bypassing the dealer here.
I'm going by this route - planning to buy my own insurance for my planned Xcent. Need some help on this -

1. What exactly is the process?
On inquiring with a couple of PSU insurance providers (New India and National), I was told that I will just have to bring in the invoice copy and they would provide me the insurance

2. One of the providers said that they will right-away issue the 'Cover-Note' - and the actual insurance will follow (in a couple of days). Is it possible to go for registration with this 'Cover-Note'? Or, the actual insurance copy mandatory for registering the vehicle?
Old 26th April 2016, 20:36   #213
BHPian

I have questions on on timing of my payment for my Maruti Brezza to the dealer. When should the full payment be handed over?

Should I pay the full amount to the dealer post PDI and before they start the registration, or should it be after they inform me of a registration number, or even later on the final day when I collect the car?
Old 28th April 2016, 18:47   #214

Dear all, I am pretty new on Team BHP and i sincerely seek your advice in buying a new car. I am currently looking at settling for either Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI AUTO or the Honda CRV 2.0 AUTO. Now i understand that these two are completely two different segments but somehow i find myself choosing between these two. What I want to know:

1) Which is a better car that you would recommend?
2) What is the REAL In-City mileage of CRV (I've heard horror stories such as it's a guzzler).
3) What's the average maintenance cost of the octavia?

Would really like to know your views. Thank you in advance, Shobhit Mathur
Old 21st May 2016, 20:04   #215
BHPian

Dear Bhpians, Dad is planning to buy a 2012 Innova (Base Model) for 12.5 Lakhs, Ex-Showroom Guwahati price. Is that a good deal? I'm confused because, I thought the 2012 Innova's base model was priced below 10 Lakhs?
Old 25th May 2016, 19:04   #216
BHPian

Hello every one, I am a newbie though I have been following teambhp for some time now. I am planning to buy a diesel suv as my other car by this year end. Tuv 3oo is high on the list now. Now with the strong possibility of reduction of diesel car life to 10 years and ban on 2000cc vehicles, do you think the show rooms will give some considerable discounts on diesels? Will there be panic selling of above 2000 cc vehicles like innova, suv, thar etc by the companies before the registration stops? Any one aware of any such deals? If so will there be any future problems if we get the registration done before the ban?
Old 25th May 2016, 19:29   #217
BHPian

Hello every one. I am a newbie though I have been following team bhp for some time now. I was planning to buy a diesel suv as my other car by this year end. I have tuv 3oo high on the list now. With the high probability of life span of diesels being reduced to 10 years and a ban on 2000cc plus diesels, do you think the showrooms will be giving considerable discounts/price cuts on the diesels? Will there be panic selling of 2000cc plus vehicles like innova, xuv, thar etc by the companies before the registration is stopped? Any one aware of any such deals? If so will there be any future problems if we manage to get the vehicles registered before the ban comes into effect? Thanks in advance.
Old 26th May 2016, 14:29   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drpaul View Post
Hello every one. I am a newbie though I have been following team bhp for some time now. I was planning to buy a diesel suv as my other car by this year end. I have tuv 3oo high on the list now. With the high probability of life span of diesels being reduced to 10 years and a ban on 2000cc plus diesels, do you think the showrooms will be giving considerable discounts/price cuts on the diesels? Will there be panic selling of 2000cc plus vehicles like innova, xuv, thar etc by the companies before the registration is stopped? Any one aware of any such deals? If so will there be any future problems if we manage to get the vehicles registered before the ban comes into effect? Thanks in advance.
HI Drpaul,

You will get ample information about your query in the below thread,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...es-kerala.html
abhayankara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 14:24   #219
BHPian

Hello BHPians,
I need some inputs in a situation that I am in. I recently moved to Pune from Delhi and is looking to upgrade my car. I still have a Delhi registered vehicle. Since its a Delhi registered vehicle I guess it's difficult to get it exchanged here if buying a new machine (I might be wrong). If i am able to exchange my old car how much it will impact the value.
Second option I have is to take this car to Delhi and sell it there. The question I have here is can I buy a car in Delhi and get it registered in Pune? I might sound stupid but I need some clarity and inputs in this regard.
Old 22nd August 2016, 14:41   #220
Senior - BHPian

Take the vehicle back to Delhi and sell it there. If you wish you can buy the car in Delhi and transport it on a crtm to Pune to register in Pune but why even bother?

Sell in Delhi and get cash, take cash to Pune dealer and buy in Pune. Be Punekar Buy Puneri
Old 22nd August 2016, 14:53   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Take the vehicle back to Delhi and sell it there. If you wish you can buy the car in Delhi and transport it on a crtm to Pune to register in Pune but why even bother?

Sell in Delhi and get cash, take cash to Pune dealer and buy in Pune. Be Punekar Buy Puneri
Thanks for your inputs. When you say transport to Pune do u mean loading it in the truck and get it deliver? Can't I just drive down to Pune. Will there be taxes or extra fees that I have to pay while bringing the car myself.
Also I might be there for a limited time and I don't want to get into a hassle to finding buyers and showing the car and then bargaining and selling. Selling it in the showroom is hassle free I guess. I know I might lose some money but not sure if it's worth the time, which is short. Thoughts?
Old 22nd August 2016, 14:59   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lHarpreetl View Post
Hello BHPians,
I need some inputs in a situation that I am in. I recently moved to Pune from Delhi and is looking to upgrade my car. I still have a Delhi registered vehicle. Since its a Delhi registered vehicle I guess it's difficult to get it exchanged here if buying a new machine (I might be wrong). If i am able to exchange my old car how much it will impact the value.
Second option I have is to take this car to Delhi and sell it there. The question I have here is can I buy a car in Delhi and get it registered in Pune? I might sound stupid but I need some clarity and inputs in this regard.
Check out with cars24.com once. I understand they would take the out of State registered cars also.
Old 22nd August 2016, 15:16   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Check out with cars24.com once. I understand they would take the out of State registered cars also.
That was pretty helpful. I just had a word with them and they buy cars irrespective of the registered state and give the money with in 30 minutes(was thinking of pizza delivery when I heard this hehe )
If we land on a deal, they will handle the ownership transfer and everything from their end. Their office is near by so will pay them a visit. Thanks KK.
Old 22nd August 2016, 16:05   #224
BHPian

Quote:
That was pretty helpful. I just had a word with them and they buy cars irrespective of the registered state and give the money with in 30 minutes(was thinking of pizza delivery when I heard this hehe )
If we land on a deal, they will handle the ownership transfer and everything from their end. Their office is near by so will pay them a visit. Thanks KK.
I have read here that some people had good experience with them and some not. In your case, you have to compare the net amount you would have got selling your car at Delhi (sale price - logistics cost to Delhi) with the quote you get from car24.com and make your decision based on the differential amount you may loose.

Try your luck, also go through this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ars24-com.html

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 22nd August 2016 at 16:10. Reason: Edit
Old 22nd August 2016, 18:21   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your inputs. When you say transport to Pune do u mean loading it in the truck and get it deliver? Can't I just drive down to Pune. Will there be taxes or extra fees that I have to pay while bringing the car myself.
Also I might be there for a limited time and I don't want to get into a hassle to finding buyers and showing the car and then bargaining and selling. Selling it in the showroom is hassle free I guess. I know I might lose some money but not sure if it's worth the time, which is short. Thoughts?
If you want to drive the car to pune then feel free. But the risks of accident etc during the travel are on your personal insurance and it is an arduous trip when you are also occupied with moving house, wrapping up things in Delhi etc.

So sell your car in Delhi itself for what it fetches. Or dump it to cars24 which will take it for rather cheaper (because of the overheads involved in processing an interstate NOC). If you sell using an out of state NOC, you essentially kiss goodbye to the Delhi tax refund unless you have months to follow it up.

Fly to pune with the cash and buy your new car in Pune as that is where you are selling.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks