Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2020, 22:02   #301
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *NEW* car in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
What is the process of payment in buying a new car on loan? I've booked a Hector, and have paid the booking fee. Now the dealer is insisting on receiving some payment as a cheque, which he will not be presenting.
I was alloted a car on the basis of a booking amount of just 30k. Did a PDI as well. Actually twice, because there were some issues with the first car that I inspected. So the dealer assigned a new car. Once I was happy with the car, I then got the loan disbursed and paid the balance amount from my side. Even though the next 2 days are off here, dealer didn't try to push or rush for the balance payment.
rags.singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 22:58   #302
Senior - BHPian

I have been inquiring with couple of sales executives on providing me a best price quote for a Mahindra vehicle. I am somehow sensing very slow response from them. They were prompt in getting me the TD vehicle but afterwards I need to send repeated reminders to give me a final quote and still I havent got. Any reason why a sluggish response from these guys? Is that due to they must have achieved their so called target during the festive season and wanted to push as many oreders to the coming months?
Old 30th October 2020, 09:06   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
I have been inquiring with couple of sales executives on providing me a best price quote for a Mahindra vehicle. I am somehow sensing very slow response from them. They were prompt in getting me the TD vehicle but afterwards I need to send repeated reminders to give me a final quote and still I havent got. Any reason why a sluggish response from these guys? Is that due to they must have achieved their so called target during the festive season and wanted to push as many oreders to the coming months?
Is there any shortage of Mahindra dealers in your city? You can also book a Mahindra and pay the booking amount online. https://www.mahindrasyouv.com/mahindra-cars

You'll find some interesting discounts that way and prompt followup from the salesmen.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 09:16   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith View Post
Hi All!

My Aunt is looking for a small automatic transmission car and her budget is between ₹5 lakh and ₹7.
Thanks!
Spresso VXI Plus AMT is the SUV "looking" car that will fit the budget and being a Maruti Suzuki she'll be familiar with it.

Other options are Ignis AMT and Tiago AMT.

Out of these three though I would recommend the Ignis.
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 09:26   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Spresso VXI Plus AMT is the SUV "looking" car that will fit the budget and being a Maruti Suzuki she'll be familiar with it.

Other options are Ignis AMT and Tiago AMT.

Out of these three though I would recommend the Ignis.
Tiago and XUV 3OO are the best in the market for safety.
hserus is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 09:44   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Considering his aunt's budget (5-7 lacs), XUV300 does not make it to the shortlist.

Spresso performs really well in the mountains here and is a hot seller. But, Ignis is a better choice, considering the fact that it looks more premium inside out.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 09:45   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, XUV 300 is awesome no doubt! but in that budget of under 7 lakhs the XUV 300 or Nexon won't be available.
So Ignis and Tiago seem more apt.
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 01:45   #308
Sen
BHPian

Some follow-up questions:

1) Is it okay to buy a car manufactured in June which has been collecting dust till November unsold? No signs of any damage, but just wondering if the car sitting in the dealer stockyard, uncovered by body stickers (talking a VAG car here) and no shade, nothing.

More worryingly:

2) The brake discs for the front brakes had rust on them. This is, as per the SA and my own diligence, somewhat normal, but at what point is it a concern? Should I be worried or am I overthinking things?

There was no damage to the exterior, but it was dusty as heck, and I didn't get to check the interiors of the car, or inspect the engine bay or boot or anything.

I'll be pushing for all that before I even think of getting the car registered in my name, but these were my most pressing questions.

Any advice?
Old 3rd November 2020, 08:31   #309
Senior - BHPian

When you're buying a new car and they don't even take the trouble to show it to you in a good condition ..

Leaving a car in a yard for so long also exposes it to eg rat bites, it has been parked in the open so there might be rust elsewhere as well etc etc.

Don't get this one.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 00:31   #310
Sen
BHPian

Quote:
When you're buying a new car and they don't even take the trouble to show it to you in a good condition ..

Leaving a car in a yard for so long also exposes it to eg rat bites, it has been parked in the open so there might be rust elsewhere as well etc etc.

Don't get this one.
Aren't most dealer stock yards like that?

Generally speaking, if the internals are fine and there are no issues apart from this one thing, I don't really mind since it's a low volume model, so I have no info about when the next lot of cars will even be brought in. There were two cars and a lot of Vento Highlines in a similar condition nearby. Tires will anyways be swapped out for Yokohama S-Drives after driving out of the showroom.

I'll l see how they clean it up after a dealer PDI before I do mine, and then consider it. The need is urgent, so I was just worried about that brake disc rust.

The showroom display car looked pretty immaculate, and they specifically said they'll do up this car the same way and then I decide. I've told them to not register the car on my name until my green light (and I won't be applying for the loan until that time anyway )
Old 5th November 2020, 00:38   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen View Post
Some follow-up questions:

1) Is it okay to buy a car manufactured in June which has been collecting dust till November unsold? No signs of any damage, but just wondering if the car sitting in the dealer stockyard, uncovered by body stickers (talking a VAG car here) and no shade, nothing.

More worryingly:

2) The brake discs for the front brakes had rust on them. This is, as per the SA and my own diligence, somewhat normal, but at what point is it a concern? Should I be worried or am I overthinking things?

There was no damage to the exterior, but it was dusty as heck, and I didn't get to check the interiors of the car, or inspect the engine bay or boot or anything.

I'll be pushing for all that before I even think of getting the car registered in my name, but these were my most pressing questions.

Any advice?
Rust on the Disc is normal. Even a brand new car left in the open in humid or a day after a rain will have rust, actually oxidation on the discs. One 2 km drive and they will be as good as new again.

As long as there wasn't any flood, rat damage, etc. 4 -5 months is fine.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 5th November 2020 at 00:40.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 02:54   #312
Sen
BHPian

Thanks Altocumulus! I'll be doing a thorough, thorough PDI of my own and will be extra-careful of the flood/rat damage aspects. The parking area was level and greenery was about, so I doubt flooding, so rat damage is the only concern left.

Any advice except inspecting the engine bay thoroughly? There'll be a smell of sorts as well right when rats get into the engine bay?
Old 5th November 2020, 12:39   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking for help in getting new car registered in Uttar Pradesh.
I am getting the car from a dealer in Delhi, and he will get it registered in Uttar Pradesh.
This guy is asking for two address proofs of the person who's name the car will be on.
Is this standard practice?
We have our own house in Noida, but that's the only address proof I have. All others are from Delhi.

Edit : he says this is standard practise for UP and Haryana only, not In Delhi.

Last edited by mayankk : 5th November 2020 at 12:45.
Old 5th November 2020, 12:54   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
This guy is asking for two address proofs of the person who's name the car will be on.
Is this standard practice?
We have our own house in Noida, but that's the only address proof I have. All others are from Delhi.

Edit : he says this is standard practise for UP and Haryana only, not In Delhi.
So get a gas bill and a phone bill or electricity bill showing your Noida address.
Old 5th November 2020, 13:30   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So get a gas bill and a phone bill or electricity bill showing your Noida address.
If only it were so easy.
I'm in the process of moving into it, being diwali and all, and there's no gas connection yet.
Electricity is par of the maintenance bill, so its in society's name. I have checked all options, and I literally have only one address proof for Noida, which is the allotment letter for the flat.

Most Viewed