Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car

Old 17th October 2021, 15:06   #346

Default Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *NEW* car in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Need guidance here. I am newbie when it comes to buying car and we are planning to get Tata Punch soon and will be paying booking may be next weekend. I was going to take everything from the Dealership but I see mention of insurance from 3rd party.

Can anyone direct me if I should have insurance before car is taken from dealer's hand? Also where should I shop for insurance and what all to consider when choosing one? What all information will be asked by insurance company?
Insurance is mandatory before car hits the road. So once you have the registration number you should purchase it immediately. Choices that you have to buy insurance:
1) Online portals like Policybazaar, etc.
2) TATA AIG since you are buying Tata Punch

When you will try to buy through online portals chances are you will not be provided quotes from TATA AIG but from other insurers like United, HDFC, etc.

In case you want a quote from TATA, write an email to their customer care or visit nearest branch. You will get a direct quote which will be much lower than dealership quote. At best dealership will only be able to match the direct quote from TATA AIG.

I prefer government insurers as they have a higher rate of settlement. But maybe it makes sense to buy from TATA AIG to avoid hassles at dealership end, which theoretically should not be there even if you buy any insurance.

Lastly, Zero Dep + Return to invoice should be there for new vehicle. Add consumables and engine protection as needed.

Most Viewed