Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2011, 15:15   #121
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *NEW* car in India

Hi,

What is the correct process for correcting error in personal details (name) in the Road Tax Challan?

The dealer is mentiong that they cannot change my wrongly entered name (two extra alphabets) as RTO cannot do any corrections on the challan. Is that true? What are the correct steps?

Will I have any problems while selling my car later on?
Old 16th December 2011, 14:09   #122
BHPian

I have come across a May 2006 Honda City ZX EXI Model, 35k Km on odo. The owner is asking 3.5 lakhs but I think its worth somewhere around 3.0-3.2 Lakhs only. What do you guys think?
Old 18th April 2012, 16:28   #123
BHPian

I am getting a Punto 90hp from showroom. The car was manufactured in 2010.

The discount offered is 2.10 lakhs on the OTR price plus free accessories.

Should I go ahead?
Old 18th April 2012, 16:31   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
I am getting a Punto 90hp from showroom. The car was manufactured in 2010.

The discount offered is 2.10 lakhs on the OTR price plus free accessories.

Should I go ahead?
I couldn't believe dealers still have 90HP's unsold from 2010. There is something fishy here. May be a TD vehicle too. This is thoroughly avoidable and opt for the new 2012 model.
Old 7th June 2012, 20:01   #125
BHPian

Apologies for digging up an old thread, it isn't that old though. My query would fit perfectly here.

I just heard from a colleague where he plans to buy a car from Jammu and register it directly here in Hyderabad. He has this plan for the sole reason that here it has a waiting period of over 4 months while in Jammu he knows a dealer who can deliver it in 10 days. He is too enthusiastic about this whole deal, but I have advised him to wait for sometime.

Please remember, he is not going to get it re-registered in Hyderabad. He wants to register it directly here. I know the transfer of the car from Jammu would be as difficult as escaping hell for me in my after life.

Jokes apart, but I really don't feel it is possible(legally) or am I wrong here ?
Old 8th June 2012, 13:08   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
Apologies for digging up an old thread, it isn't that old though. My query would fit perfectly here.
=====================
Jokes apart, but I really don't feel it is possible(legally) or am I wrong here ?
Anyone ?? I need advice on it urgently.
Old 12th June 2012, 06:33   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
Anyone ?? I need advice on it urgently.
Not sure if this helps! But it looks like it is possible after obtaining a temp registration from the state where you are buying the new car.

Info found in another thread in team-bhp itself. Here is a link you might want to check out! Can I buy a new car in Bangalore and register in AP?

best,
R-Six
Old 12th June 2012, 17:53   #128

anybody recently bought a City VAT Sunroof with Haryana registration? Ring Road Honda in Delhi had a reference sheet that said 4% charges on it?
Now they are saying 6% because actually the invoice value is >10L and it seems the slab changes at 10 L.
Can this kind of thing get overlooked at the RTO? Is it possible that RTO charges the dealer 4% but he takes 6% from me?
Gurgaon RTO does not provide a receipt. Dealer says he will mention the charges on his letterhead - in that case he write anything?
Old 12th June 2012, 22:42   #129
BHPian

Is a Skoda Laura Elegance 2008 model with 80K on Odo for 5 lacs a good deal?
Old 3rd July 2012, 00:46   #130
BHPian

I thought this forum to be the best to put my question to everyone and seek advice. I am plannin to buy our second car. By definition of car, I would mean the size of the engine, the type of fuel it uses, the utility of the vehicle, the purpose of the vehicle, comfortability and of course the mileage of the same. My budget for this car would around INR 10 lacs. I have shortlisted some disel cars/suvs/muvs

1)Scorpio
2)Xylo
3)Ertiga
4)Vento
5)Honda City (petrol)
6)XUV500 (though this is overbudget)
7)Any othe suggestions?

The vehicle will be mainly used for weekend long drives and average city commuting, hence I am mainly looking for disel powered vehicle.
Our family comprises of my mom and dad, my daughter along with my better half.
In the vehicle I am looking for comfort, luggage space, and if required the vehicle should be able to transport many people. Though the last requirement has the least weightage.

Please suggest..

Last edited by delix : 3rd July 2012 at 00:48.
Old 15th October 2012, 23:47   #131

How to get the best deal on a Ford Figo Titanium

Hello,

I am planning to gift my dad a Ford Figo. He seems to like the car and we were talking about it. Here's the situation and the questions. I have never owned a car (dad has. Plenty of them. Once upon a time) and am not knowledgeable on their features. I do understand the basics (after reading many threads here) that an extended warranty is advisable and a teflon coating is not. I am currently in the US and wont be able to make it back home till his birthday. I am dependent on the showroom to deliver it back home and I plan on making the transactions and complete the loan process online.
So, I emailed two different showrooms in Hyderabad and asked for a quote. Mody (LB Nagar) and the other one on Somajiguda. As un-expected, my communication skills on email aren't up to the mark and am unable to ask them a question properly. The three questions really are : What is the ex showroom price, what is included in the price and what is the discount being offered. Both the quotes are scattered with vague verbiage with no defined meaning. For ex, I don't know the difference between an Initial accessory kit and Basic accessory kit. Now, honestly, I don't even know what exactly a fully loaded model means. Surprisingly none of the two quotes have that word - 'Fully loaded'. I wonder how I can convince the sales man that I really don't know the difference.

I am planning on a Figo Titanium Diesel. and both the showrooms have quoted about 7 laks (+- 10k) on road, on these models. Since that is the top model, I am automatically assuming it has everything 'loaded'. Am I wrong ? Ford is currently offering free insurance.
My questions are, in the scenario of 50% loan and 50% cash, how can I get the best deal ? I plainly asked the showroom guys and they are clueless about what a best deal really is
By best deal I mean, what are all of the things that I can force/bargain/haggle the showroom to give me for free. Yes, thats the buzz word; free. Do showrooms give cash discounts too ? (If they were, wouldn't they have mentioned this in the quote itself ?)
Also, please, let the advises of all sorts pour in. This is my first time and a car is coming into the family after a very long time, so I am planning on this being perfect.
I hope the question is in the right sub-forum.

Cheers,
Old 16th October 2012, 01:12   #132
Senior - BHPian

Re: How to get the best deal on a Ford Figo Titanium

Is there no possible way you can get someone to do the negotiation in person. I know you would be imposing but you do tend to get better results in person.

If not, do at least keep someone in the loop so that they can check that everything is kosher.

Do check up on all the details online (tbhp is a great site for this) and then try and ensure you are dealing with the manager online. He would have the power to get you the best price, throw in freebies etc.
Old 16th October 2012, 01:29   #133
Team-BHP Support

Are you settled on the Figo or are open to waiting for a few weeks? There are some new cars in the pipeline that your dad may find appealing. The Figo is still the best VFM hatch around and is arguably the perfect package at that price-point, but I'm assuming your dad will enjoy ride-quality and a lighter steering over rally-car-like handling.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th October 2012 at 01:32.
Old 16th October 2012, 02:50   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybuddha View Post
Hello,

I am planning to gift my dad a Ford Figo. He seems to like the car and we were talking about it. Here's the situation and the questions. I have never owned a car (dad has. Plenty of them. Once upon a time) and am not knowledgeable on their features. I do understand the basics (after reading many threads here) that an extended warranty is advisable and a teflon coating is not. I am currently in the US and wont be able to make it back home till his birthday. I am dependent on the showroom to deliver it back home and I plan on making the transactions and complete the loan process online.
Great way to surprise your dad on his birthday and in my opinion Figo titanium is the best value for money diesel hatch available in the Indian market.

Showroom would be able to process the delivery in your absence. Knowing the customer service standards of both the showrooms I doubt if they would be able to deliver the car at your door step. I would recommend you seek the help of any of your relative/friend to complete the process of delivery and get the car delivered at your place.

Quote:
So, I emailed two different showrooms in Hyderabad and asked for a quote. Mody (LB Nagar) and the other one on Somajiguda. As un-expected, my communication skills on email aren't up to the mark and am unable to ask them a question properly. The three questions really are : What is the ex showroom price, what is included in the price and what is the discount being offered. Both the quotes are scattered with vague verbiage with no defined meaning. For ex, I don't know the difference between an Initial accessory kit and Basic accessory kit. Now, honestly, I don't even know what exactly a fully loaded model means. Surprisingly none of the two quotes have that word - 'Fully loaded'. I wonder how I can convince the sales man that I really don't know the difference.
I have latest price list of Figo at home and the same has clear information of the price details. Will try to post the details by tomorrow.

Quote:
I am planning on a Figo Titanium Diesel. and both the showrooms have quoted about 7 laks (+- 10k) on road, on these models. Since that is the top model, I am automatically assuming it has everything 'loaded'. Am I wrong ? Ford is currently offering free insurance.
You are absolutely right, Figo Titanium is the top end model and it is loaded with all the features ( Driver/Passenger Air Bag, ABS, Audio system with blue tooth, Alloy Wheels, Height Adjustable Driver Seat and Tilt Steering etc.).

Quote:
My questions are, in the scenario of 50% loan and 50% cash, how can I get the best deal ? I plainly asked the showroom guys and they are clueless about what a best deal really is
Hardly it makes any difference.

Quote:
By best deal I mean, what are all of the things that I can force/bargain/haggle the showroom to give me for free. Yes, thats the buzz word; free. Do showrooms give cash discounts too ? (If they were, wouldn't they have mentioned this in the quote itself ?)
During my purchase I got a cash discount of INR 10000, Free 3rd Year Extended warranty and few free accessories ( Art Leather seat covers/Mudflaps/Floor Mats)

As Figo's face-lift around the corner you may fleece great discounts.

Quote:
Also, please, let the advises of all sorts pour in. This is my first time and a car is coming into the family after a very long time, so I am planning on this being perfect.
One of the showrooms service head is a close pal of my cousin and the same guy helped me a lot during my Figo purchase last year. Also, extended some good discounts and free accessories. Will check with him in regards to the latest discounts and will update the same to you.

Regards,

Vikram

Last edited by vikram.vns : 16th October 2012 at 02:53.
Old 16th October 2012, 09:11   #135

Note: Only TWO smilies allowed per post.

Thank you so much for responding y'all. I appreciate.

@pganapathy : I will be able to ask someone to parallel-ly check on the genuineness of the price. I am making sure am dealing with the manager

@suhaas307 : What cars ? Do you have any names ? Since the Figo is readily available, I think I can wait till the end. November 2nd week is when the D(rather, the B ) day is. I was always sold on the Tata Safari when I was relatively younger. Family loved it too. But its too big a monster for Hyderabad roads. On other thoughts, thats what everyone said when I bought my bullet long ago. She still rules the roads

@Vikram.vns : Thank you so much sir. I really appreciate your gestures.
Do you think the Figo has a rear view camera thing to it ? Since I have never owned/driven a car in India, I have to ask, are the auto dimming rear view mirrors a common thing ? Is in car GPS available in Indian models ? These are some of the things that make me go 'wow' who thought of that.

I just got a mail from the HDFC fellas saying I can apply for the loan only when I am in India ! alternately, someone in India ca n apply for the loan and I can be a co-sign er. I wonder why these banks have NRI Sections. I guess those are only for the boys with the dough. I will have to find a way around this.

Cheers,

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th October 2012 at 10:30. Reason: see note in post :)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks