Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2023, 09:32   #406
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *NEW* car in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
Hi, Guys. I would like your take on this comparison before I buy my new car.

So I have zeroed in on two cars, VW Taigun Highline AT (1litre) and Honda VX CVT. I am confused to which one to go for. Below are my needs:

1. Safety first. I need a safest one (VW handson)
2. Engine capacity (Honda is an old 1.5 Vs. VW's 1lt turbo - Not a big fan of the 1lt turbo)
3. within 20lk onroad
4. looking at 7-8years of use
City no doubt IMHO, the variant down one from top does have 6 airbags and the Honda CVT is probably better than most other transmissions in our market, the red looks stunning
mpp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 11:57   #407
BHPian

I do not know where to post this, so I am posting it here. Mods, if this is not the place, kindly do the needful.

What do I need to buy along with a new car? The most essential things? I have made a checklist. Kindly add to it and share your experiences.

1. Tyre inflator and tyre gauge (going for Michelin)
2. Microfibre cloth, highly absorbent
3. Jopasu duster
4. Fire extinguisher
5. RFID key pouch
6. Magnetic sun guard
7. Emergency hammer and seat belt cutter
8. Tow rope (any suggestions?)
9. Tyre valve caps and valve pins
10. Small dust bin
11. 3M anti rodent spray
12. 3M dashboard cleaner
13. Car cover
14. Scruff plates, door guards and finger guards

Need your suggestions on the following:
1. Blind spot mirrors for ORVM
2. Dry car wash for saving water
3. Water repellent spray for ORVM and windshield for rainy season (how useful are these?)
4. 3M coatings or wax polish ( ceramic is out of my budget, don’t like ppf)
5. Tyre washer
Old 18th October 2023, 09:36   #408
BHPian

I've booked a Maruti Baleno.

They didn't want to explicitly state the accessories they're offering as part of the deal, but gave me a quote for the same to give me an idea of the effective discount they're offering me. Understand they do it to avoid people sharing details outside, so I agreed.

Post payment they're okay with a PDI at their showroom, but it's only verbally communicated by the SE.

After booking, I received an allotment mail from the dealership that the chosen variant is readily available. They've asked me to confirm if I want to go ahead and also mentioned that I must make the payment in 2-3 days.

No mention of the color or VIN. The SE said they'll give me the VIN after confirmation.

Is this the normal written communication at NEXA dealerships or can I expect more transparency? I know I'll lose out on discounts, but will it help in any way to wait out till the festival purchasing ends?
Old 21st October 2023, 14:07   #409

I have booked a Honda Elevate which is now available. I wanted to do a pre-delivery inspection as recommended by the group. The dealer Arya Honda (Prabhadevi Mumbai) is insisting that (a) Full payment be made and (b) that the pre-delivery inspection should be done at their stock yard in Bhiwandi.
I find these conditions unacceptable.
I have already made payment of the booking amount and this should be sufficient till PDI is complete. Full payment can be made thereafter so that car can be registered / billed.
Further for people unfamiliar, Bhiwandi is a town in Thane District, 56 kms away and a good 2 hours drive from Mumbai. Delivery and Sale of the Car is to take place in Mumbai – not Bhiwandi. Arya Honda says that they will transfer the car to Mumbai only after registration. What use is a PDI in a different town? Anything can happen post PDI in transit to Mumbai.
It seems that the dealer is trying to impose unreasonable restrictions to deter a PDI. Would appreciate some guidance.
Old 21st October 2023, 14:21   #410

I have booked a Honda Elevate which is now available. I wanted to do a pre-delivery inspection as recommended by the group. The dealer Arya Honda (Prabhadevi Mumbai) is insisting that (a) Full payment be made and (b) that the pre-delivery inspection should be done at their stock yard in Bhiwandi.
I find these conditions unacceptable.
I have already made payment of the booking amount and this should be sufficient till PDI is complete. Full payment can be made thereafter so that car can be registered / billed.
Further for people unfamiliar, Bhiwandi is a town in Thane District, 56 kms away and a good 2 hours drive from Mumbai. Delivery and Sale of the Car is to take place in Mumbai – not Bhiwandi. Arya Honda says that they will transfer the car to Mumbai only after registration. What use is a PDI in a different town? Anything can happen post PDI in transit to Mumbai.
It seems that the dealer is trying to impose unreasonable restrictions to deter a PDI. Would appreciate some guidance.
Old 21st October 2023, 17:29   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbhs747 View Post
PDI in transit to Mumbai.
I too had to go through the same ordeal from the same group. Shaman Cars owns Arya Honda and VW Downtown (Prabhadevi) I had booked my Ameo from them and insisted on a PDI. Since I was already an existing customer of Shaman (owned a Vento) the sales advisor did not throw any tantrums. Drove far to Bhiwandi where I could see a pristine & shining Ameo standing in the center surrounded by dusty new Ventos, Polos and Honda cars. I was satisfied with the car and gave a heads up. Got delivered at their Prabhadevi Showroom. You would probably be going to the same place. Asking for a full payment is entirely wrong, you are entitled for a PDI when you have booked a car with a token amount and a particular VIN has been assigned to your booking. Take the Team bhp PDI checklist or hire a professional PDI vendor.

Go through the below threads if you haven't so far.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...heck-list.html (ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List)

https://https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/271527-zekardo-pre-delivery-inspection-services.html (Zekardo : Pre-Delivery Inspection Services)

Last edited by VWAllstar : 21st October 2023 at 17:33.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 12:38   #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
I too had to go through the same ordeal from the same group. Shaman Cars owns Arya Honda and VW Downtown (Prabhadevi) I had booked my Ameo from them and insisted on a PDI. Since I was already an existing customer of Shaman (owned a Vento) the sales advisor did not throw any tantrums. Drove far to Bhiwandi where I could see a pristine & shining Ameo standing in the center surrounded by dusty new Ventos, Polos and Honda cars. I was satisfied with the car and gave a heads up. Got delivered at their Prabhadevi Showroom. You would probably be going to the same place. Asking for a full payment is entirely wrong, you are entitled for a PDI when you have booked a car with a token amount and a particular VIN has been assigned to your booking. Take the Team bhp PDI checklist or hire a professional PDI vendor.

Go through the below threads if you haven't so far.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...heck-list.html (ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List)

https://https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/271527-zekardo-pre-delivery-inspection-services.html (Zekardo : Pre-Delivery Inspection Services)
Would appreciate leads on any professional PDI Vendor in Mumbai.
Old 16th December 2023, 23:53   #413
BHPian

Hello guys!

My mom is looking to upgrade from her Ritz VXi (2009 model) to a new vehicle. Her inclination is towards a cSUV type car. Strictly petrol. We are based outta Delhi. Daily use is about 15km with occasional highway runs. Our budget is under 12L on road. We're interested in a no nonsense, least electronics based vehicle. Safety is the only priority along with ample space for 5 ( occasionally) and some performance in the engine.

We intend to keep the vehicle for as long as possible (We also have a very well maintained 31 year old Maruti 800 which is outside Delhi.) We have never sold any vehicle we've owned. Ritz will be the first and it is heartbreaking.

Nexon, Sonet, Astor, Exter are not even considered for various reasons. I am trying to pursue her for an Amaze or even check out the base model Elevate. We might have to stretch by a lakh tho. Inputs are welcome on the Elevate.

We have seen and TD the Brezza VXi ( booked it even but cancelled it due to long wait ) she kinda likes it , although i found the engine to be very anaemic and lethargic tho. It was comfortable to be on the driver seat, almost felt like home and alright on the backseat ( i felt the seat to be very low slung at the back )
If we do end up buying it it'll be a head over heart decision for me, unlike our previous purchases of the Honda and Ritz.

Me and my dad also visited the Mahindra showroom Kirti Nagar to check out the XUV 300 and both of us were impressed with it. Especially the engine. We're looking at the base model.
The problem -
1. It is a Mahindra.
2. We spoke to a taxi driver who had a 2 month old diesel 300 and he advised against it. His words "Lotta noise over 90kmph and low FE". FE is ok, but noise? Not sure if we're ok with that.
3. How will this car age. Especially the engine and other mechanical components. We take care of our cars and never push them to test their limits. Our japs have aged beautifully and we're unsure of the Mahindra. The older scorpios and tatas with black smoke hasn't left a good impression on my father to place bets on an Indian brand. Honestly. People who own a petrol 300, please share your valuable insights on how the car has been to you.

4.Not sure of the ASS behaviour of Mahindra and Tatas. We would mostly refer to our FNG post the 3 complementary services. We're just not interested in spending 5k on something which can be actually fixed by a 10Rs fevi qwik

Please don't take offence, any Mahindra owner. We have owned 3 Suzuki's and a Honda. We're happy with the niggle free and fill it-shut it-forget it approach that they offer along with a solid ASS network and GREAT (silent performing) engines. Open to suggestions on the Venue and other cars that may fit our needs.

Thanks and Regards,
AK.
Old 13th January 2024, 23:12   #414
BHPian

Hey everyone,

I am planning to buy a Nexon this year but currently confused between Creative+ and Fearless variants. Heart wants Fearless but Head says too expensive.

Main reason for Creative+ was the AMT gearbox. Now I know a lot of people here absolutely despise the concept of an AMT (especially the Tata version) but I have been using it for many years in our family Tiago and it hasn't let us down even once.

If Tata offered an AMT on the Fearless this question would have been moot and I would already own the car

For reference, the upgrade from a Creative+ AMT to Creative+ DCT is 50,000. Then to upgrade to Fearless it is about 94,000. This 94k is what is bothering me. While I can stretch my budget, it just isn't value for money. Fearless+ is 50k more, which ironically is more VFM somehow than Fearless

Any suggestions ?
Old 14th January 2024, 23:07   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARSFASCINATEME View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPRIME95 View Post
You should use What Car section for car buying suggestions.
Bhokal is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 08:09   #416

Hi,

Which is the best hatchback now in India? I don't see Honda Jazz, VW Polo being sold anymore.

Best, Subramanian
Old 16th February 2024, 12:46   #417
BHPian

Hi All!
I'll be getting the Grand Vitara Sigma variant in a few days.
  • Which music system shall I go for? I'm looking for one with "Android-Auto" and not an "Android" system.
  • Should I get it installed from Nexa or from outside?
  • Is it possible to get the SmartPlay system that comes with Delta/Zeta installed instead? If yes, how?
  • Are they providing any free accessories these days or not? I remember reading threads where they were offering 10-15k worth complimentary accessories.
  • What accessories should I opt for, if any?

Last edited by KarthikK : 16th February 2024 at 12:52. Reason: Fixed incorrect numbering of bullet points
Old 5th March 2024, 11:54   #418

Hello Team,

Need suggestions related to TR.
I am from Bengaluru, but staying in Pune for a company assignment for another 1-1.5 yrs. I have decided on the Elevate ZX CVT which I test drove from Garve Honda in PCMC.

Since my permanent location is Bengaluru, I want the KA registration. Thus, I asked Garve if they can provide a TR and I will drive it and get it registered in Bengaluru. They flatly denied it.
Since I need the car in May, I contacted both Dakshin and Magnum Honda (Bengaluru), but I am not able to get them to Bargain and get the final price list. Maybe because I have not yet paid the Booking amount.

It would be perfect to get the car here, since I can do PDI, complete all formalities. Need some suggestions here to proceed.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks