Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2007, 10:40   #16
BHPian

hello guys i am about to get the delivery of my honda city by end of the month can u guys please tell me if i need to take some extra care in checking while i collect my car from a direct market agent
Old 27th August 2007, 17:06   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Pabheda

We recommend only authorised dealerships for new cars. However, since you have already purchased from a DMA, pay extra attention to the car (no damage, previous use etc.) and the documentation (as per checklist).
Old 27th August 2007, 20:28   #18
BHPian

Nice article there.

But most of us including me and many others i have seen have not taken into consideration a few things mentioned.

namely : documentation : #6 and #11

Should have read this article prior to accepting delivery.
Old 29th August 2007, 13:43   #19
BHPian

Hi,
I have recently purchased Alto from Authorized dealer. The documents i got are :
1. Invoice.
2. Insurance Policy.
3. Manual and other things.

They are saying that RC will take around 45 days, till then i can show invoice to cops. Now my question is whether Invoice is sufficient ????
What proof we have to show that the number of the vehicle belongs to us ?
Shouldn't we have a copy of the application filed by the dealer to TO with us also ???
Please guide...
Old 29th August 2007, 14:08   #20
BHPian

You can either get alternate bargain for teflon coat or may also ask him to give you an option to avail the teflon coat within 6 months or 12mths( if poss).

Since new car wud never need ant teflon coata and even if one gets that done, we can hardly see the diff.
Old 29th August 2007, 15:36   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
Hi,
They are saying that RC will take around 45 days, till then i can show invoice to cops. Now my question is whether Invoice is sufficient ????
Saurabh, as per my knowledge, the invoice from the dealer should be enough. It was the same in my case also. The RC was duly sent to me within a month of my car's purchase.
Old 30th August 2007, 16:26   #22
BHPian

Hi,
After a 2 month wait I am getting my Swift VDi with ABS, but in Black and not in my original color choice- sunlight copper. I accepted this as I needed the car more than anything else. And I am getting it so early as I created a ruckus at the dealer and wrote to Jagdish Khattar at Maruti!
Question is
Should I go to the stockyard to check on the car before it is brought into the city for an inspection?Is it allowed. I fear the dealer maybe pushing a not so new/refurbished/damaged/demo car to me painted in black to hide all the bad points in the car

How do I avoid any pitfalls and ensure that i take delivery of a brand new car?

When does the car become mine? When the invoice is generated at showroom pre/post PDI or when octroi is paid and car is brought into the city?

Any reliability issues with Spectra Motors, Mumbai?

Last edited by ceebeezee : 30th August 2007 at 16:27.
Old 30th August 2007, 17:23   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

CBZ, good idea to check the car out before allocation. Once the car is registered with the RTO, its yours.
Old 30th August 2007, 18:15   #24
BHPian

Should we ask the dealer to provide options ( means 2-3 cars to choose from ) ? And then take the selected car for registration.
I have seen some differences in same variants of a car viz. thudding of doors , hardness of bonnet opening lever, difference in odo reading & sometimes the overall feel of one car from another ( though it is purely based upon mental make-up of an individual )
Old 30th August 2007, 22:59   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Look for month of manufacture, and the date of delivery to the dealer. This wont be a problem for fast moving vehicles, but it is definitely an issue for slow moving vehicles. Like many have mentioned, always check the vehicle before allocation/registering - *extremely* important.
Old 31st August 2007, 12:46   #26
BHPian

hey guys
could u let me know wht should i keep in mind while bookn my civic n also when i take delivery..
Old 31st August 2007, 13:08   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Pabheda

We recommend only authorised dealerships for new cars. However, since you have already purchased from a DMA, pay extra attention to the car (no damage, previous use etc.) and the documentation (as per checklist).
thanks GTO as u said to take more care i have asked my dsa that i will take delivery from dealer showroom only and they have agread about it
Old 8th September 2007, 14:34   #28
BHPian

hi everyone
just took the delivery of my black nhc as i had asked dsa i took delivery from dealer and am very happy with the treatment.I really want to thank u guys as i had taken printout of the list of thinghs to do and i am happy as i don't have to worry if i am missing any points or documents

ONCE AGAIN THANK U VERY MUCH ALL MODERATER AND BHPIANS FOR YOUR INPUT
Old 12th September 2007, 07:48   #29
BHPian

This thread is just toooo.... good. I am reading and will carry it during delivery. I will get my WagonR Duo next week. Thanks
Old 18th September 2007, 11:10   #30
BHPian

This is a very wonderful article for buyers. I've a question here as i didn't find any answers to this. Can anyone list out how can one save money when buying cars/two-wheelers say such as RTO charges and such. What all can we do to reduce the charges as all dealers in a city quote the same on-road price, i thought if someone could enlighten with their points on the various things that we can do.If need be please create a new thread on this.Thanks.

Ramki.

Last edited by ramki067 : 18th September 2007 at 11:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks