Team-BHP - ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/68581-article-pre-delivery-inspection-pdi-check-list-20.html)

^^That is a lot of kms,today even I had been to the Shaman yard to check out my uncles car and it had done about 60kms.
I think you should not take delivery of this car looks like the car was used as a demo car.

P.S By the way which dealer.

Archon - thanks for that XL.

I just came back finishing the PDI for my Safari. It took about 2 hours. Its done 54 KM on the ODO. I now have to go through the pain of waiting over the week end to pick up delivery of my Safari, scheduled for the coming Monday.

Hi Karizma any update regarding your car and who is your dealer,and do send a mail to VW India regarding the high kms done on the car cause they do react to customer mails.

My uncle had booked the polo 1.6 in the month of September(1st week) and was told the delivery will be by end of Nov or Dec(1st week) but was later told he won't get his car till Feb end,to which uncle sent a mail to VW stating he was very interested in buying the polo but due to the delay he is canceling the order,the very next day he got a call from the dealer stating the car has come and will be delivered within a few days time.He is getting his car by this Tuesday.

Many thanks for the PDI checklist. I'll be buying a Fiesta Diesel EXI Limited Edition next week. The checklist is exhaustive and might make my dealer frustrated but I'm insisting on this. Will update the results in the new ownership thread.

Did the PDI of my new BEAT.
Noticed a small misalignment of front and rear doors on one side.
Should i reject the car or
get it mended by the service centre ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daewood (Post 2249393)

Minor alignment adjustments are generally possible. If the misalignment is beyond the adjustment range, then you can ask for a replacement mentioning it as a manufacturing defect. You can also ask them to do the alignment correction in your presence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daewood (Post 2249393)

Go for a new car. Why do you want to fiddle with a new car before owning?

Cheers!

Vinu

Just followed the Checklist this morning while inspecting my car. It was really helpful.

The car had 0 kms on the Odo.

Here is a list of things that I looked into when I got the delivery of my used Maruti swift

Hope this helps

Hi,

A dealer is offering me a deal on a mid-2010 Safari. Should I bite? How much of a discount should I expect? He says the pricing would be as of now but he can get me a 20K discount, I personally don't think that's enough.

Another thing that concerns me is that what if this car is a demo car or damaged or pre-owned? Is there a way I can assertain that? (apart from a physical check and odo reading).

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

I had booked an Alto K10 at SAGAR Automobiles, Bannerghatta road Bangalore on February 28th. Since there was a waiting period of 10 days I was supposed to take the delivery on march 10th. But, I was asked to leave to California by my company on short notice for a business visit, I had to leave on march 6th. Now since the payment is made and i'm taking the delivery in the month of may, i'm sceptical about what if a test drive or a damaged vehicle is given at the time of delivery. I'm sure the showroom guys would go ahead and get the vehicle registered as i've submitted the required documents at the time of booking. Any sure shot ways to figure out? Just following the PDI checklist is OK? Should I ask them not to get it registered until I get back? Am I being very paranoid?

Thanks,
cosmos

Please cancel the booking and rebook one after you come back. They will not object in anyway. If the dealer does, write to Maruti and request complete refund.

Anyway they may ask a cancellation money of 5000rs or so. You should go with the cancellation option as the 5000rs you might end up paying is better to loose than being paranoid.

Moreover, this is not the time when one has to book a vehicle wait for 3yrs and await alotment

No way you should let the dealer keep the vehicle registered in your name for more than 1day.

All the best!

Hi All,
I went for the PDI of my new Ritz vxi today. I must thank the PDI checklist and the advise of the members here for guiding me even though I could not complete all the steps (I am just learning how to drive)...The PDI seemed fine although the car was dirty and the odo had 107km on it. The sales guy had an explanation for that. I was actually relieved to find out the complete chassis no. of the car in the bonnet ending with AB. Seems I have a 2011 car after all (Again must thank the Finding out the manufacturing year from VIN thread). This was my biggest worry prior to the inspection. Finally things seem to be falling in place and I will be getting delivery post registration in 4-5 days.clap:

Wow, this thread has been really useful ! I use checklists for everything and the info here made it really simple to create a comprehensive checklist for the car i'm buying (Chevy Optra - will be posting on that in another thread) :)

>> 8. Gift: Take a token gift along for the sales guy.

Folks, any suggestions / guidelines for this ? Is there a 'thumb rule' on what can be given/not-given as gifts ? e.g: is money in an envelope appropriate or is that not done ? some examples will help a lot !

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAV1 (Post 2312142)
Folks, any suggestions / guidelines for this ? Is there a 'thumb rule' on what can be given/not-given as gifts ? e.g: is money in an envelope appropriate or is that not done ? some examples will help a lot !

RAV1, there is no 'thumb rule' per se for gifts. To be formal as well as reasonable, stick to the normally acceptable ones - box of sweets, small memento, or token of your appreciation. Anything in the vicinity of 100-500 bucks is generally appropriate.