Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2012, 08:19   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New rules at HDFC Bank for Car Finance

Can you ?

1. Do the PDI
2. Once you are satisfied, and accept the vehicle, take the Chassis / Engine num & give it to the insurance co.
3. Get the cover-note
4. Go for regn.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 08:43   #362
BANNED

Re: New rules at HDFC Bank for Car Finance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
However, when I applied for a car loan with HDFC Bank, they said, they would not disburse untill the dealer issues a insurance cover note. Now, for issuing the insurance cover note, the dealer has to assign a engine and chassis number, which means I will lose the insurance amt, if indeed the car is rejected by me. Also, I am not sure how the dealer will assign a car and give me insurance note having only received 25000.

Its very confusing at the moment. Also, HDFC Bank stated that this cover note procedure started only 3 months back.

Please help with your suggestions.

Hi Buddy,

Whatever the Bank has mentioned is Correct, And NO, this rule is in force from the day Auto-Loans started and is adhered to by most of the Banks Pan India

I doubt the dealership here, Chevy Beat and they dont have a car in stock for you..? Simple things that you need to do in your scenario..

1) Ask the dealer for the cars available in stock, or wait untill stocks arrive.
2) Do the PDI and confirm the car with the Chassis & Engine number, give the details to the disbursing bank.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2012, 16:38   #363
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List

Thanks Pavan, ghodlur and condor.

I have sent a mail to the dealer and awaiting their reply. Its been more than 2 days, but they dont seem to be able to get back with an answer. Here is the email verbatim:

Hi Ankit,

I spoke to few people in the know, and would request you for the following information:

1. Do you have a Apr/May manufactured Super Red Chevy Beat in stock?
2. If you dont, what is the earliest time for it to be in stock?
3. Once you have it in stock, I would like to inspect the vehicle before being alloted in my name.
4. Once inspected and approved, I will give you 3 lacs in cheque as my own contri, and the insurance company can be handed over the insurance note, following which they will disburse the finance amt.

Let me know if this works for you, and also answers to 1&2.

Thanks
Milind Kolekar
(Chevy Beat LT Option Pack. Super Red.)
Old 19th June 2012, 14:17   #364
BHPian

I need urgent help from the experts. Our organization is donating a vehicle, Tata Venture, to an NGO. The dealer is offering a 2011 manufactured vehicle with a discount of Rs. 50,000. Why am I worried??? Because the maintenance of the vehicle will be borne by our organization.

I need help. I need to understand whether this will be a good deal. Also, we are purchasing the vehicle in June 2012, ideally how old can the vehicle be? If the dealer is saying 2011, how old in 2011????
Old 20th June 2012, 21:59   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
I have sent a mail to the dealer and awaiting their reply. Its been more than 2 days, but they dont seem to be able to get back with an answer...
Now, it's been 6 days, but the only response is, they still don't have a car they can allot to me! This is for the Beat, cannot imagine what awaits those that go for lesser cars from GM stable viz. UVA or Optra.
Old 28th June 2012, 13:29   #366
BHPian

I have booked a Skoda rapid elegance recently and the car has arrived at the dealer stockyard. The VIN number is TMBBLENA5CXXXXXXX which when decoded says its manufactured in th month of may 2012. Now for a very amateurish question (sorry abt that) - Is it okay to consider this particular vehicle since it seems to be more than a month or more old or should i request for car manufactured recently , for example by june.
Old 4th July 2012, 16:10   #367
BHPian

as i understand the dealers themselves also carry out a PDI from their side before delivering to customer. Will they share their pdi to the customer or will the provide the same on request? When i checked with TAFE , they said that their pdi document will not be shared with the customer. As a customer should i not be aware of this?
Old 4th July 2012, 16:32   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead
I have booked a Skoda rapid elegance recently and the car has arrived at the dealer stockyard. The VIN number is TMBBLENA5CXXXXXXX which when decoded says its manufactured in th month of may 2012. Now for a very amateurish question (sorry abt that) - Is it okay to consider this particular vehicle since it seems to be more than a month or more old or should i request for car manufactured recently , for example by june.
Absolutely fine to consider. I recall when the wait period for the Polo was 3 months, i had received mine in early Oct with a manufacturing VIN that read July. 22,000 km and one service later, i have never been happier. In fact so happy that got myself a Vento TDI as well.
Old 16th July 2012, 16:31   #369
BHPian

Took delivery of Polo yesterday but the dealer insisted that PUC certificate is no longer provided by the dealers or the manufacturers and that we have to get it done ourselves.

Have the rules changed??
Old 17th July 2012, 08:04   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post
Took delivery of Polo yesterday but the dealer insisted that PUC certificate is no longer provided by the dealers or the manufacturers and that we have to get it done ourselves.

Have the rules changed??
I dont think the PUC certificate is given by the dealer at all, it is generally by the manufacturer although not in paper format. Generally any new car comes with a 6 month PUC certificate built in along with the car documents. Its after 6 months that the owner has to get the PUC done by hilself. I hope I am correct in my understanding, experts can confirm.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 13:36   #371
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this a wrong thread for my question, but wanted an opinion from the experts.

I booked i10 Sportz AT couple of days back and today the dealer gave me the VIN and engine no. of the car alloted to me. Well actually, he was reluctant to give this information and i had to ask him 4-5 times before he finally listned. He mentioned that car is a March 2012 make, which makes it almost 5 months old now. It probably has been with the dealer for 3-4 months.

Should I consider this car? is it normal to have 4-5 month old automatics in inventory for Hyundai, especially during this period? The fact that i had to ask the dealer few times before he finally gave me the info makes me a bit suspicious, at one time he said "sir gaadi is 2012, month you will get to know only after you purchase the car"?

Any thoughts?
Old 26th July 2012, 15:21   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukoul View Post
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this a wrong thread for my question, but wanted an opinion from the experts.

I booked i10 Sportz AT couple of days back and today the dealer gave me the VIN and engine no. of the car alloted to me. Well actually, he was reluctant to give this information and i had to ask him 4-5 times before he finally listned. He mentioned that car is a March 2012 make, which makes it almost 5 months old now. It probably has been with the dealer for 3-4 months.

Should I consider this car? is it normal to have 4-5 month old automatics in inventory for Hyundai, especially during this period? The fact that i had to ask the dealer few times before he finally gave me the info makes me a bit suspicious, at one time he said "sir gaadi is 2012, month you will get to know only after you purchase the car"?

Any thoughts?

4-5 months old hyundai cars are rare. I suggest you have a thorough look at the car phisically and under the hood if at all you are going for it. Or inist he place a fresh order to the factory for a new piece. You can ask for good discounts if you finalize on going with this 5 month old car
Old 19th September 2012, 06:56   #373
BHPian

Thanks for the PDF but I think the huge watermark across the whole document wasn't necessary. Smaller fonts were just fine or at least the opacity could have been reduced. Anyways thanks.
Old 19th September 2012, 11:32   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod_to_odd View Post
Thanks for the PDF but I think the huge watermark across the whole document wasn't necessary. Smaller fonts were just fine or at least the opacity could have been reduced. Anyways thanks.
- Unfortunately my friend - people may not give credit to the owner / creator as easily as in europe / USA . IT is good that its watermarked so that the owner gets the credit, even if it is copied / plagiarized into other websites
Old 12th October 2012, 10:42   #375
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

Economic Times (www.economictimes.com) is featuring a article today on What to check in a new car before you drive it out of the showroom.

The link to the article is here: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/16775362.cms

Probably they do not know that we on Team-BHP have been following these & many other detailed Pre-Delivery Inspection check-lists since last couple of years. Thank you Team-BHP for such a valuable platform.

Thanks,

Most Viewed