Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2014, 01:28   #421
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Why not give a draft and pick the vehicle right away?
But that would add another 1000 Rs as DD charges. I think that is unnecessary as i am not in a hurry.
Old 29th April 2014, 00:24   #422
BHPian

Hello guys

I will be going for PDI of Tata safari storme tomorrow and based on PDI i will be asking SBI to release the loan amount so that dealer can go ahead with registration of vehicle.

I have reviewed the checklist attached here - My only doubt is where exactly will be the VIN/Chassis number mentioned on Storme? Please advice guys!
Old 29th April 2014, 09:25   #423
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post

I have reviewed the checklist attached here - My only doubt is where exactly will be the VIN/Chassis number mentioned on Storme? Please advice guys!
Advance congrats for the Safari Storme.

The VIN number will stamped in the engine bay near the suspension mounts or sometimes inside the cabin too. Mostly you'll find out on the engine bay. Ask your sales guy, he'll show it to you.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 19:37   #424

I have booked a white Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion from KHT Fiat Caffe, Domlur, Bengaluru.
Going to the stockyard tomorrow morning for PDI.
I have gone through the TeamBHP PDI document and think it is more than enough in terms of normal vehicle condition check and documents etc.

The only concern I have is regarding the Odometer.
The SA says the vehicle would be a March, 2014 one. Even if the Odo shows say 20 kms, is there an easy way to know it hasn't been used for test drives etc.?
Any help appreciated.
Old 28th May 2014, 22:13   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchTheTarmac View Post

The only concern I have is regarding the Odometer.
The SA says the vehicle would be a March, 2014 one. Even if the Odo shows say 20 kms, is there an easy way to know it hasn't been used for test drives etc.?
Any help appreciated.
Hi there,
20KM on Odo is acceptable. The car needs to be driven from Factory to truck to stockyard and then to showroom. IMO you needn't worry.

You can check the tyre treads/clutch break pedal to see if its worn out. You can check if any sign of patched dents or color.

Good luck and scorch miles ahead.
Arunshek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 09:06   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only concern I have is regarding the Odometer.The SA says the vehicle would be a March, 2014 one. Even if the Odo shows say 20 kms, is there an easy way to know it hasn't been used for test drives etc.?
There is a H symbol which appears in the odometer confirming that the car hasnt run more than 200 kms. If it were used as a test vehicle then definitely the H would have disappeared. I am not aware if there is any other way to fiddle with the odometer reading.

If you follow the PDI (Exhaustive) you will come to know more about the car. I hope you already have the VIN no, cross check this to confirm the date of manufacture.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2014, 19:48   #427

Thanks a ton Arunshek n ghodlur.

But nevermind, I got myself a Red Punto instead.
I went to the stockyard as planned. There were two Feb stock pearl whites washed and ready for PDI. But, then I also took a look at an April, 2014 red one, and there was no looking back. It wasn't cleaned for PDI, but then I guess, that's even better to do a PDI on. You get to see the lady before the make-up's applied. I had the TeamBHP checklist in mind and covered pretty much everything. She had 29kms on the Odo, everything on the inside was pretty cleanup, no damp smell inside, AC worked fine, engine sounded great, both at idle and when revved, under the bonnet stuff was very clean, no dust, no rust on any metallic parts, tyres still had the rubber spikey extensions on them and all other parts looked new. Only thing, I could not check the underbody as they did not have a ramp to lift the car. It was a normal outdoor stockyard.

I finalised it and got the delivery on 28th May along with number plate.
The Odo now reads 107kms ( I am proud, considering this is my first car and I just had some driving lessons before in Jan).
I will try to start an ownership thread, with photos, if I get enough time after spending time with her.

Cheers
Old 1st June 2014, 07:57   #428
BANNED

Quote:
But nevermind, I got myself a Red Punto instead.

I could not check the underbody as they did not have a ramp to lift the car. It was a normal outdoor stockyard.

I finalised it and got the delivery on 28th May along with number plate.
Congrats on getting the latest piece of beauty fresh from the production line. Love this car very much when looks are considered. How I wish F.A.S.S was good to trust and reliablewhen we were buying cars.

29 kms on odometer is very good and you have followed the PDI using T-BHP checklist then no issues at all.

Happy mile munching & Scorch The Tarmac.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st June 2014 at 07:58.
Old 3rd June 2014, 16:09   #429
BHPian

I had a horrible experience with my delivery of Swift Dzire 2 years back which I would like to share.
It was basically the accessories which I ordered along with the car.
I had ordered an 3M Re 50 film in side and black glasses but I was shocked to see that it was cs 30 that they installed, along with this shock I saw that the art leather seat covers were loose on corners and were not fitted properly. I got so crazy that I shouted at them and got the films immediately changed along with the fitting for the seat covers. After some 2 hours of waiting and inspection I was finally relaxed but this horrible experience I will never forget in my life.
Thanks to paramount motors mira road.
Old 21st June 2014, 18:45   #430
BHPian

This article was of great help to me .I took print out of this before taking delivery of my fathers Volkswagen Polo TDi HL and my Renault Duster RXL Plus.

As per advise ,I did thorough pre delivery inspection before they took the cars for temporary registration.

Last edited by anilntny : 21st June 2014 at 18:53.
Old 1st July 2014, 15:26   #431
BHPian

Ok. I wanted to book a Honda Brio, and told them that I would like to see the car in their stockyard. They have cars in stock, but they are not aggreeing to let me see it in the yard. Is this a common custom with Honda or should I change my dealer?
Old 1st July 2014, 15:40   #432
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
Ok. I wanted to book a Honda Brio, and told them that I would like to see the car in their stockyard. They have cars in stock, but they are not aggreeing to let me see it in the yard. Is this a common custom with Honda or should I change my dealer?
There must be some reason as to which they are not letting you have a look at the car in their stockyard. Why don't you ask them. I guess it:

-> Could be a lemon or any kind of issue that the dealer wants to palm off without any fuss

Advice you to tell this dealer to show the car in the yard first and only then will you proceed with the booking / purchase else tell them directly that you'll visit another dealer for the Brio. This should get them in track.

OT: if possible take someone with you to assist during the PDI. Do a through one. All the best.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 13:47   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
I was able to take a look at the brio in their yard. but dealer did not have the key to take a closer look. said it was with watchman who has gone to tea blah blah :P
Old 4th July 2014, 14:57   #434
Senior - BHPian

I am thinking of doing the pdi on delivery date itself as it shouldn't take more than half hour. Is it wise?
Old 9th July 2014, 21:45   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I am thinking of doing the pdi on delivery date itself as it shouldn't take more than half hour. Is it wise?
If you had already done an inspection before registration I guess you can go ahead. Do take you time to inspect and don't let the showroom guys to guide you through the inspection! they might easily skip some parts saying its not needed.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks