Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/68581-article-pre-delivery-inspection-pdi-check-list-3.html)

pabheda 18th September 2007 11:36

hello as i was just going through all the document's wat i saw was dealer has charged me 51640 for r.t.o tax but i got recipt of only rs 47180. and when i ask him he say's he has to give chai pani to everyone in r.t.o
but can any body tell me is r.t.o recipt of that value ok for honda city exi mumbai reg and company value of car is 677000 aprox

lambuhere1 18th September 2007 12:01

One more thing I would like to add is : Recently, during the delivery of my swift, I saw the head rest to be inclined in the vertical plane, you can see its rotated when you view it from the front. Reported it to the dealer and got it replaced before delivery of my vehicle.

GTO 18th September 2007 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by pabheda (Post 567648)
hello as i was just going through all the document's wat i saw was dealer has charged me 51640 for r.t.o tax but i got recipt of only rs 47180. and when i ask him he say's he has to give chai pani to everyone in r.t.o

You have been ripped off! Why should he be paying 4 grand as "chai-pani" unless yours was an out of city / state registration. Or you got a VIP number.

saurabh159 18th September 2007 17:04

Hi,
In my invoice for Alto Lxi, there is a charge of Rs. 6104 as permanent Registration Charges, can somebody tell me is this the road tax ?
How it is calculated ???

mithun 19th September 2007 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabh159 (Post 568065)
Hi,
In my invoice for Alto Lxi, there is a charge of Rs. 6104 as permanent Registration Charges, can somebody tell me is this the road tax ?
How it is calculated ???

Registration charge is different from Road Tax. You need to pay separately !

pabheda 19th September 2007 20:20

i checked in my old cars too not bought from same dealer but there is approx amount of 5000/- which doesnot have recipt.
do we get recipt of all the amount which we pay as road tax or some of it is considered as processing charges

vinay_hb 23rd September 2007 14:50

The information given by you was very useful, as i'am planning to buy a new car. Can i please know, were can i find the month and year of manufacture of the car.

ramki067 24th September 2007 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinay_hb (Post 572846)
The information given by you was very useful, as i'am planning to buy a new car. Can i please know, were can i find the month and year of manufacture of the car.



vinay... you can look into this thread for the reply here.

pabheda 24th September 2007 10:57

You can see this detail on the chassis

naughtyfaction 26th September 2007 21:52

How to identify teflon and anti rust coating ?
 
Hi ! I will be taking delivery of my Santro next week. I am getting teflon and anti rust under chasis coating from dealer. How do we identify that these coatings are actually performed by dealer while taking the delivery. Are there any valid points to indicate this or is it just by looking ?

saurabh159 27th September 2007 09:35

Hi,
Why youu want to go for TEflon coating ???
had you gone through its merits and demerits ?
i had read somewhere in this forum that the teflon coating may crack even if we put it under sun for one single day !
Teflon coating is not suitable for Indian Weather as far as i think.
At the time of first service, my dealer also pushed me for teflon things and as he was telling how it can protect the paint, i asked if it is so useful, then why maruti dont put it at the factory ?
Car-Gurus may further elaborate !!

jash 27th September 2007 14:27

Check out the below link for the pros&cons of teflon coating
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/384563-post6.html

naughtyfaction 27th September 2007 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by jash (Post 577398)
Check out the below link for the pros&cons of teflon coating
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/384563-post6.html

ok. i read about teflon. but still for knowledge, how do we identify that it has indeed been done ? and what about anti rust under chasis coating ? how do we identify that it has been done ?

pabheda 29th September 2007 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by naughtyfaction (Post 577721)
ok. i read about teflon. but still for knowledge, how do we identify that it has indeed been done ? and what about anti rust under chasis coating ? how do we identify that it has been done ?

well there is no proper guarantee that he might have done it and if u r getting it complimentary from the dealer it has to be wax polish and for anti rust too they will put anti rust on tyres and then tell u that they have done it on the bottom too,I feel it is not worth doing it
After Teflon too (which the say they have done it) scratches r seen

naughtyfaction 11th October 2007 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by androdev (Post 548957)
Look for month of manufacture, and the date of delivery to the dealer. This wont be a problem for fast moving vehicles, but it is definitely an issue for slow moving vehicles. Like many have mentioned, always check the vehicle before allocation/registering - *extremely* important.

Where is month of manufacture printed on santro. I asked dealer about it and he said that santro has only Year of Manufacture on it and not month.I tried to find out on Car but was not able to. Anyone has clue ??


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:21.