Team-BHP - ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   On buying a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/)
-   -   ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/68581-article-pre-delivery-inspection-pdi-check-list-36.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kontinuity (Post 3841766)
Hi guys,

My dealer (He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-Until-I-am-sure-he-is-messing-with-me) is giving me the wrong vibe. Here is the story:

Hi continuity,
Last week I went for PDI inspection of Honda City VX for my BIL. Reputed dealer. My observations:
Advise you to check the snags that I observed. I am also from Pune. Pl send me a PM if you want my phone number.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat (Post 3842258)
Advise you to check the snags that I observed. I am also from Pune. Pl send me a PM if you want my phone number.

Excellent advice Rahul. Would love to have a quick work with you but it seems I don't have PM privileges yet. Can you please PM me your number and I'll get back to you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2615474)
Just a heads up : The PDI checklist has been added as a downloadable PDF file. Check it out in the opening post.

GTO, one small request. Can you move the below post from Abes (or at least the word document PDI as well) that he has compiled to the opening post on this thread. Only after going through some 20 odd pages I stumbled upon this checklist. Everyone may not be that patient and may not reach till this page.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abes (Post 2537582)
Very informative & practical thread. clap:

I had some free time today, so put all these info into a word doc, & is uploaded here. Hope I am not infringing on any copyrights!

Edit: I am going to "by-heart" this checklist tonight as I have to land up at the dealer showroom @ 09:30am tomorrow morning to do the pre-registration PDI of my TUV3OO. Wish me luck guys and hope everything goes smooth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoIndian (Post 3842298)
GTO, one small request. Can you move the below post from Abes (or at least the word document PDI as well)...

I absolutely second this. The document he has attached is a gold mine of reference and would put any buyer at ease.

Good job finding this AutoIndian!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoIndian (Post 3842298)
Edit: I am going to "by-heart" this checklist tonight as I have to land up at the dealer showroom @ 09:30am tomorrow morning to do the pre-registration PDI of my TUV3OO. Wish me luck guys and hope everything goes smooth.

Guys did the PDI today morning. Since I was armed with the TBHP PDI checklist everything went smoothly. Spent almost one hour checking all the points. When I asked for a test drive, initially they were reluctant, but when I insisted they obliged. Allowed a short test drive, but in that I could upshift to the 5th gear and got a feel of brakes and steering.

Made the balance payment of 74K online through NEFT. Going to take the delivery of the car tomorrow morning @11:30am. Attaching some pictures below that were taken during PDI.

ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List-dscn4544.jpg

ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List-dscn4532.jpg

ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List-dscn4533.jpg

ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List-dscn4537.jpg

ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List-dscn4538.jpg

ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List-dscn4527.jpg

ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List-img_20151106_102746.jpg

ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List-img_20151106_102922.jpg

ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List-img_20151106_102450.jpg

ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List-img_20151106_103619.jpg

Hi Folks

I just booked a Renault Duster 110PS Explore Edition at Renault Mt. Road, Chennai with booking amount of 50K. Delivery due on 25/11.

I have some questions regarding the dealer's pricing:

1) CHARGES FOR RTO/Regn:
OTR : 13.68L
Ex Showroom: 11.30L
Insurance: 42K
RTO/Warranty/Other: 1.95L
Insurance is a no-brainer, Im taking directly which the dealer kindly agreed to and all is well. TAIG comes to 28K, saving a whopping 14K which is 50% of actual! This is exactly why you have to read the Buying a new car guide (ARTICLE: How to buy a *NEW* car in India).
But this brought a question trying to find out how much the dealer is damaging me on Regn./Other charges of 1.95L, so this is the split up he had to give:
Chennai LTT @ 15%: 1.70L (very accurate)
Split up for Balance for 25,000:
Road Safety: 2600 (whatever that is?)

Flat Charges: 600 (RTO Fees is 400 for new LMV)

TCR Insurance: 1800 (He says there is an insurance to be applied for Trade certificate vehicle to be taken on the road to RTO/Showroom, True?)

Extended Warranty: 11800 (2 more years - total to 4 years)

RTO: 2800 (Bribes?)

Loading Unloading: 1500 (Wut?)
That brings the amount to 1.9L, the additional 5K he offered to me as a discount! clap:
But considering he is giving me around 10K worth of accessories like mud flaps, 3M coating etc. should i go to RTO myself or is it not worth the hassle in this case. (I am hoping I can save some money here and get a "choice" number for that money). So what amount of BS am I looking at?

2) TEMP CHARGES: If I am going to RTO myself I know I need to get a Temp, his price list mentions that Temp Charges are 10,000 :eek:, Should I take it seriously, Temp charges as per RTO website is 40 Rs and done in a day. Seriously?

Please help me on these questions since I will be getting loan process done next week and I dont want to do it if I am at a disadvantage

I'll be doing a PDI for my City VX MT sometime this week from DECCAN HONDA Pune. Their yard is in Wagholi and I'd love to have an experienced BHPian with me. Coffee and a lovely conversation on the house :)

If someone is willing and able please PM. I'd really appreciate it.

A tale of harassment, disgust and anguish.

Courtesy:- Mukesh Hyundai, Kolkata:

I got my new Xcent Diesel delivered on 27th November 2015 without permanent registration which the SA ensured would be done within the next 7-10 days.

P.S.:- The delivery of the car with all registration formalities complete at the time of delivery was what was negotiated with the SA in crystal clear terms on the day of booking, but a day before scheduled date of delivery the SA informed us that permanent registration has not been done and it is a rule of their dealership to first deliver the car with a month's temporary registration and consequently apply for a permanent number..!!

For a booking made on 15th October 2015 and after around 18 days of delivery I am still running after the SA and calling him daily to get updates on the registration status. But to no avail.

I request you guys to throw some light on the registration process, is this how it all works out..? I am sure the dealership has taken me for a ride and I am curious about the remedies which are available. Also full payment has been done with an estimated registration cost of around Rs.62,000 for life-time tax and the real tax invoice is still unkown.

Kindly assist. please:

Guys i had taken the PDI list from Team BHP here for PDIing my POLO GT here at Pune.
After the PDI i took some pics of my ride . Attaching some of them.

ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List-img_20151215_160742.jpg

ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List-img_20151215_160814.jpg

ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List-img_20151215_160659.jpg

ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List-img_20151215_160904.jpg

hi,
Is there a way to check when the dispatch was made from the manufacturer to the dealer yard? My friend who had booked a Baleno has been informed that there is a vehicle which is in transit but manufactured in 2015 and another but of a different color (not his preferred one) but manufactured in 2016. Knowing how fast moving Baleno is I doubt that there could be 2 different years for the same car in transit together at the sametime. The dealer is even ready to provide the vehicle in 2015 rates. Please let me know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWind (Post 3896324)
hi,
Is there a way to check when the dispatch was made from the manufacturer to the dealer yard? My friend who had booked a Baleno has been informed that there is a vehicle which is in transit but manufactured in 2015 and another but of a different color (not his preferred one) but manufactured in 2016. Knowing how fast moving Baleno is I doubt that there could be 2 different years for the same car in transit together at the sametime. The dealer is even ready to provide the vehicle in 2015 rates. Please let me know.

I expect the dealer to have these details.

When the car moves out of the manufacturer's premises, an invoice will be generated along with the excise gate pass. The dealer will have copies of this and I expect these documents to have VIN numbers. From this, the dealer can check.

hi guys,
i need some urgent help. i got the form 20 from dealer but it doesn't have vin number and chassis number. he says, it will be filled later.
he agreed for pdi in stockyard. but says he doesnt have vin number of the vehicle and shared only the chassis number. according to him, i can look up vin number from there. is there something fishy? does he really not know vin number?

Quote:

Originally Posted by adithya.kp (Post 3921376)
hi guys,
i need some urgent help. i got the form 20 from dealer but it doesn't have vin number and chassis number. he says, it will be filled later.
he agreed for pdi in stockyard. but says he doesnt have vin number of the vehicle and shared only the chassis number. according to him, i can look up vin number from there. is there something fishy? does he really not know vin number?

You MUST check the VIN number before you confirm the purchase.

Which car are you going to buy? Location of VIN number for most of the cars are available here in this forum, I think. Let us know the car model and, may be, we could help you locate the VIN number yourself and decode it to know the month and year of manufacture.

thanks vpiilai. this is creta. he gave the vin number but only with 6 digits. i checked the year 2016. is this normal? (they share only 17 digits?

Please have a look at this post.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3797188