Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car

Old 9th October 2020, 15:39   #631
BHPian

Default Re: ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List

I did the PRI today and it went smoothly. The car was brought to the showroom from the stockyard the previous night.

I had received the form 22 soft copy the previous night and got the info about my car from Hyundai's site.

The odo showed 13km and the date of manufacturing is Sep 2020.

I checked all around for any visible physical damage and then checked the VIN number on the chassis below the driver's seat and on the plate on the passenger's side. Checked the engine number as well. Have asked the SA to send me a pic of the RTO registration form before he submits it as currently we have signed on a blank form.

I opened the bonnet and checked if the caps and nozzles and wires look out of place. The oil dipstick was not fastened but I didn't bring it up or think much of it.

I asked the SA to start the car with the bonnet open and watched the engine crank up. There was some water dripping from the engine which stopped after 20 seconds. The SA said its probably because it was washed before he got it to the showroom.

The tires are CEAT while there was another car ready for delivery next to mine (same colour, same variant but not AMT), and it had Apollo tires. I am not sure if one is better than the other and also I am thinking I'll not change the tires right away as my usage is less.

Now, I have to make a decision about accessories.
Old 9th October 2020, 18:21   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinshark View Post
The tires are CEAT while there was another car ready for delivery next to mine (same colour, same variant but not AMT), and it had Apollo tires. I am not sure if one is better than the other and also I am thinking I'll not change the tires right away as my usage is less.
Congratulations!
My advice would be to change the Ceat's immediately for something like Michelins or Yokos to get the best price you can get for those tyres. The Ceats are not very good, atleast from what I've experience in our Spark. They are seemingly prone to constant punctures (atleast once in a month) even when the car is not driven on bad roads.
Speaking of accesories, don't take many of them from the dealer unless they are absolutely worth it since there are plenty of options available in the aftermarket.

Last edited by akash_v12 : 9th October 2020 at 18:22.
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2020, 19:49   #633
Senior - BHPian

The checklist should be updated with :
Ensure HSRP fuel sticker is pasted on the windshield of the car

I have been following up with MGF Toyota, Gurgaon since 28th September because they forgot to install this fuel sticker back in Aug 2019 when I purchased my Yaris. Classic checklist item. I followed the checklist to the T otherwise.

Now it's a whodunit, with multiple dishonored commitments and no clarity on by when.

Ironically my Apr 2017 Ford Aspire (when these stickers were white in color and not color coded by fuel) got the stickers in ONE visit to the RTO HSRP agency, Link Utsav, Gurgaon. Just a 10 min wait and job done!

Last edited by phamilyman : 20th October 2020 at 20:14.
phamilyman is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 19:11   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoAficionado View Post
A more detailed checklist in XL format can be found in Page 11 of this thread.

Cheers
AutoAficionado
This XL is not working anymore. Anybody got a working copy?
Old 4th November 2020, 22:54   #635
BHPian

Folks - Been a long time since I bought a new car. Can you please let me know what all documents are we supposed to collect during delivery.

I know some obvious ones, but appreciate an input from folks who have taken delivery recently.

Invoice, sales certificate, PUC, temp registration certificate, PUC, warranty cards, fastag.

Am I missing anything major or minor?
Old 4th November 2020, 23:05   #636
BHPian

NFS2024, Form 22, Invoice, Temporary registration, insurance, user manual, other guides (infotainment system), Fastag, security cards etc for key code (if applicable).
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed