Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2021, 19:09   #646
Senior - BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List

I dont know how things work in most states.

In Haryana, the following is a safe option:
1. Inspect the car and do PDI once the car reaches the showroom.
2. If everything is fine, make payment.
3. Get the car registered. All this is done within 30-40 minutes by the showroom at the time of making payment itself. No need to make payment few days before delivery and wait for registration.
4. Once the car is registered, it is delivered with a temporary number.
5. Few days or weeks later, we get SMS having permanent registration number. RC reaches home by post. Registration HSRP plates reach dealership for fitment.
PaddleShifter is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 22:52   #647
BHPian

Have booked a Jeep Compass 2021 and the delivery is due this week . SA has assured that it will be delivered before Saturday.

But it seems I cannot get a PDI !!

I have the VIN - Its MCANJPCH4MFA71264*2M.

Can you let me know a PDI check list and how do I get the PDI??

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd March 2021 at 07:15. Reason: See mod note - JC = Jeep Compass
Old 2nd March 2021, 13:08   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEnthusiast10 View Post
Have booked a JC 2021 and the delivery is due this week . SA has assured that it will be delivered before Saturday.

But it seems I cannot get a PDI !!

I have the VIN - Its MCANJPCH4MFA71264*2M.

Can you let me know a PDI check list and how do I get the PDI??
What is JC2021.all are not too familiar with Acronyms...
sankar009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 13:27   #649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEnthusiast10 View Post
MCANJPCH4MFA71264*2M
Prod. Month - February
Prod. Year - 2021

You've to ask the SA for a PDI at the stockyard. If they resist, please tell them that you will not take delivery until PDI is done.

Attached is the PDI checklist and your car's buildsheet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf carenthusiast10s compass.pdf (8.5 KB, 918 views)
File Type: pdf Car-Pre Delivery Inspection v2_3.pdf (108.7 KB, 11407 views)

Last edited by akash_v12 : 2nd March 2021 at 13:31.
akash_v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 14:25   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankar009 View Post
What is JC2021.all are not too familiar with Acronyms...
JC - Jeep Compass. 2021 model
Old 4th March 2021, 00:58   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Prod. Month - February
Prod. Year - 2021

You've to ask the SA for a PDI at the stockyard. If they resist, please tell them that you will not take delivery until PDI is done.

Attached is the PDI checklist and your car's buildsheet.
Super thanks. This is helpful. My SA is in for a surprise!!
Old 8th March 2021, 12:15   #652
BHPian

Hi All, need some suggestions with the situation I am in right now. I had booked a 5th Gen City (V, Petrol Manual) on 21st Jan in Kolkata and the SA promised that he could arrange the car by Mid March. Later, on 3rd March he informed me that Honda has not dispatched a single City for this month and hence things will be delayed till April. Of course, there's no guarantee that it would be provided in April too because there's is some shortage in Production, I was told! I said I will wait for the new car to arrive.

Today my Sales Advisor called again and told me a higher variant (VX) is available with him right now which is of Dec 2020 make. Just need a piece of advice here - is it prudent to buy one which is 60 days old? Of course I will do the PDI if I plan to get it.
Old 8th March 2021, 13:17   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetarin View Post
Hi All, need some suggestions with the situation I am in right now. I had booked a 5th Gen City (V, Petrol Manual).
The production shortage is being caused by the semi-conductor shortage I believe. So, currently, these are the only two options you have.

There is actually no problem in buying a 60-day old vehicle. It might affect the resale value but if you're going to keep your car for many years, it shouldn't be a problem. Plus, you get a higher variant and do try and bargain a slight bit since it's a 2020 produced car. Just ensure that the car passes the PDI succesfully.
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 13:45   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
The production shortage is being caused by the semi-conductor shortage I believe. So, currently, these are the only two options you have.

There is actually no problem in buying a 60-day old vehicle. It might affect the resale value but if you're going to keep your car for many years, it shouldn't be a problem. Plus, you get a higher variant and do try and bargain a slight bit since it's a 2020 produced car. Just ensure that the car passes the PDI succesfully.
Thank you for the inputs! Yes, I do intend to keep it for several years, so not really bothered about resale value right now
Old 8th March 2021, 14:06   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All, need some suggestions with the situation I am in right now. I had booked a 5th Gen City (V, Petrol Manual) on 21st Jan in Kolkata and the SA promised that he could arrange the car by Mid March. Later, on 3rd March he informed me that Honda has not dispatched a single City for this month and hence things will be delayed till April. Of course, there's no guarantee that it would be provided in April too because there's is some shortage in Production, I was told! I said I will wait for the new car to arrive.

Today my Sales Advisor called again and told me a higher variant (VX) is available with him right now which is of Dec 2020 make. Just need a piece of advice here - is it prudent to buy one which is 60 days old? Of course I will do the PDI if I plan to get it.
My 2 cents: 3 Months car is ok, subject to a proper PDI. However, if resale is your concern, then it will definitely take a hit over a 2021 model.

Is Honda having some issues? Can't believe that they have such a long waiting time for their best selling car.
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 14:12   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
My 2 cents: 3 Months car is ok, subject to a proper PDI. However, if resale is your concern, then it will definitely take a hit over a 2021 model.

Is Honda having some issues? Can't believe that they have such a long waiting time for their best selling car.
I think its not only Honda but other manufacturers too who are hit by the semiconductors shortage issue as some BHPians have pointed out earlier.

Thanks for your inputs too! I wont think of resale for a car I so dearly have wanted for so long

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post

Sorry, one more thing - what do you think is a good bargain in this case? The SA implied he could offer a discount of 20K. Is that a fair bargain or I should press for a bit more?

Last edited by Sheel : 8th March 2021 at 18:21. Reason: Please edit or multi quote your replies instead of back posts on the same thread. Thanks.
Old 8th March 2021, 15:03   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, one more thing - what do you think is a good bargain in this case? The SA implied he could offer a discount of 20K. Is that a fair bargain or I should press for a bit more?
Not sure of what the Ex-Showroom/OTR price is, but 35k or 20k with some accesories should be a good bargain.
akash_v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 15:39   #658
AMT
BHPian

The Ford dealer in Gurgaon informed me that he'll share the VIN once the car is dispatched from Chennai. He's even offered to let me be present for unloading on the expected date of arrival and do a PDI.

Is this common or is Ford going out of their way to please customers?
Old 9th March 2021, 23:26   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMT View Post
The Ford dealer in Gurgaon informed me that he'll share the VIN once the car is dispatched from Chennai. He's even offered to let me be present for unloading on the expected date of arrival and do a PDI.
It seems that the dealer is super generous towards you. Rarely do we ever hear dealers allowing customers to agree so easily. Also, I'd say to get it in writing so that the dealer doesn't turn on you later.
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 15:38   #660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMT View Post

Is this common or is Ford going out of their way to please customers?
Wow, they really seem to be going an extra mile to keep you happy! Enjoy that.

BTW, what car, and when did you book it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks