Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2016, 14:26   #541
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List

Hello- Is there any other checklist (detailed) other then the pdf at the start of this thread?
Old 17th March 2016, 15:44   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
Hello- Is there any other checklist (detailed) other then the pdf at the start of this thread?
A more detailed checklist in XL format can be found in Page 11 of this thread.

Cheers
AutoAficionado
AutoAficionado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 14:57   #543
BHPian

Hi All,
I have to go for a delivery probably saturday to Fiat showroom for the PDI any 'special' adivce for FIAT specifically regarding PDI and delivery?
Old 30th March 2016, 15:28   #544
BHPian

Also, the SA tells that he will transport the vehicle from Pune to hyderabad. Anything to worry about?
Old 30th March 2016, 17:47   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naivedyanm View Post
Also, the SA tells that he will transport the vehicle from Pune to hyderabad. Anything to worry about?
Hello naivedyan,

Does he mean the car will be transported by driving it from Pune, usually they are transported by a truck.
Also did you get the VIN and check for the details needed.
You can follow the regular PDI checklist however there are few things specific to FIAT that you might want to cover as well. I have updated the details in post # 512 on 16/02/2015 in the below link which has the details of the PDI done on my car.
Kindly let me know if you need any further assistance.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...review-35.html

Cheers,
pdma.

Last edited by pdma : 30th March 2016 at 17:49.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 15:52   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Hello naivedyan,

Does he mean the car will be transported by driving it from Pune, usually they are transported by a truck.
You can follow the regular PDI checklist however there are few things specific to FIAT that you might want to cover as well. I have updated the details in post # 512 on 16/02/2015 in the below link which has the details of the PDI done on my car.

Cheers,
pdma.
Hi pdma thanks for the link...he is transporting by truck and delayed the delivery by 2 weeks for unconvincing reasons like vehicle in production....truck did not start from pune..said he will be providing the vin details once he gets it fro fiat unconvincing again...
Old 3rd April 2016, 06:47   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Hello naivedyan,

Cheers,
pdma.
Thanks for the link @Pdma. Vehicle being transported by truck but has delayed the delivery by over 12 days. Giving unconvincing reasons like vehicle in production, truck not yet started from pune n said will provide vin number once he gets it from fiat
Old 3rd April 2016, 07:18   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the link @Pdma. Vehicle being transported by truck but has delayed the delivery by over 12 days. Giving unconvincing reasons like vehicle in production, truck not yet started from pune n said will provide vin number once he gets it from fiat
Hello naivedyan,

Well, I get the point and this would mostly be the right information from the dealer. A truck is dispatched only when they have a complete load available and no surprises that they would take time to complete the load. Also I can confirm that the VIN number is made available only at the time of loading of the car and I had similar experience. Once the truck is dispatched the cars would take 2 days to arrive and you can plan for a PDI the next day. Please do not give any approvals to the bank to disburse the loan or make any sort of payment (apart from the booking amount) to the dealership until you are satisfied with the PDI.
Sorry if it was posted earlier, may I know which car was booked. If it is a Punto then there is a good chance that they have stock already available and waiting for the capacity of the truck to complete before it is dispatched, if it is a Linea then a good possibility that the car might as well be in production.
Also may I know who is the dealer handling your booking.
Do let me know in case you need any assistance, you can PM me as well in case we need to talk.

Cheers,
pdma.

Last edited by pdma : 3rd April 2016 at 07:27.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 14:05   #549
BHPian

Hi @pdma I donnt think I have a PM option as Im a newbie...its a punto evo 1.3mjd handled by Butta Fiat near Jubilee check post...
naivedyanm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 15:55   #550
BHPian

Hi pdma,
I got a chance to check a fiat linea multijet emotion model which is a September 2015 model and has 35 k.m on the odo. The dealer is giving about 80000 discount. I did a test drive and was impressed by the handling and braking. The car really pulls ahead around the 2000 rpm mark. However i heard there was an ECU remap which allows the turbo to kick in around 1200 rpm.
Are there any issues to be checked with a six month old car and what type of discounts one should expect. The salesperson gave a good account of the capabilities of the car by driving me around. I checked the VIN and it is a September 2015 model. I drive about 1000 k.m a month and would you advise to go for the T-jet. Discounts for the T-jet are around 35000 and so the top model would be around 11.3 on road. The dealer says Fiat is not bringing out active and dynamic models for the T-jet.
Old 13th April 2016, 09:55   #551
BHPian

Not sure if this has been discussed anywhere else, if so sorry. How is it possible to check a car's variant? I mean the model like alpha, zeta for Maruti NEXA vehicles. Are these information stuck somewhere in the car. Now a days the manufacturer does not badge these. Or it is possible only by checking the features. Hope Iam clear.
Old 18th April 2016, 12:04   #552
BHPian

Friends, I have done the PDI as per team bhp list for my new Hyundai i20 Elite, in dealer yard on Thursday. Full payment done.

Now the issue is , the Maharashtra PUNE RTO was closed from Thursday-Sunday last week( govt holidays). Today it opened and the SA of the dealer confirmed that, they have submitted the car details/papers to the RTO.

But...he said it will take 6-7 working days for RTO to give the number and till then he cannot deliver the car to me.

I have 2 doubts here :

- I understand , dealer can deliver the car in A/F status and I can keep it in my home parking. I am not very comfortable in keeping ca with dealer for so long since i feel they can use the car for other illegal purpose like test drive , or even trips ( with odo disconnected, not sure )

- Does RTO really takes so many days to generate a number and the dealer need to hold car delivery till then ?

Based on your responses , I will talk to the dealer again and push for delivery in a day or two.
Old 18th April 2016, 12:58   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
I have 2 doubts here :

- I understand , dealer can deliver the car in A/F status and I can keep it in my home parking. I am not very comfortable in keeping ca with dealer for so long since i feel they can use the car for other illegal purpose like test drive , or even trips ( with odo disconnected, not sure )

- Does RTO really takes so many days to generate a number and the dealer need to hold car delivery till then ?

Based on your responses , I will talk to the dealer again and push for delivery in a day or two.
Generally after the submission of the documents to the RTO, it takes 4-5 days to get the registration done and original receipt to be generated. If the dealer has received the complete payment for the car, I don't see any reason why the delivery should be delayed. And definitely not for the registration no which is received only after a week or so of registration. You need to talk to the dealer sternly and get the delivery ASAP. Not that the dealer should not be trusted for misuse at his yard, but for the condition the car would be till the time of delivery. Considering the present weather conditions, better to get the dealer park the allotted car in shade.
Old 18th April 2016, 15:15   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Hi @pdma I donnt think I have a PM option as Im a newbie...its a punto evo 1.3mjd handled by Butta Fiat near Jubilee check post...
Thank you for update. Is the car delivered already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biju1971 View Post
Hi pdma,
I got a chance to check a fiat linea multijet emotion model which is a September 2015 model and has 35 k.m on the odo. The dealer is giving about 80000 discount. I did a test drive and was impressed by the handling and braking. The car really pulls ahead around the 2000 rpm mark. However i heard there was an ECU remap which allows the turbo to kick in around 1200 rpm.
Hello Biju,

Do take a TD of the TJet as well and take a call accordingly. Your run is less so a Tjet would definitely keep you more happy as the MJD can never ever match a TJet. Coming to the ECU update from FIAT, the lower end definitely gets a lot better and makes it much easier to drive in traffic conditions. After the update the car gets free revving beyond 3k with ease, helping you move to the turbo zone quicker, however the information you have received regarding the turbo spooling @ 1200 rpm is incorrect. Information on the ECU update can be found in post # 57 dated 2-July-15, page 4 of my ownership thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-3l-mjd-4.html)

I have another question on PDI, did you take a TD of the same car that you intend to buy or checked a car with odo reading as H 35 parked in stockyard and took the actual TD car out. You should not be worrying about the car being 6 months old, Fiats especially Linea's are very slow moving so there is always some back dated stock. Do a through PDI before paying anything beyond the booking amount to the dealer. I wish you all the best in your decision making .

Cheers,
pdma.

PS: Lets move any further discussions on the car to the relevant thread, as this thread is specific to PDI related information .
Old 27th April 2016, 22:45   #555

Dearv Friends, Took the pre-registration PDI of my XUV 500 W10 AWD today. Experience at the dealership - Infinity Auto Links, Vikhroli, Mumbai was not at all professional. The sales executive was on leave, the deputed sales person had a funeral to attend and when I reached, the car was being accessorised and didnt have any of the seats! (The carpet lamination was on). Despite the friendly advice on Team BHP not to lose my cool- I lost everything at the hapless people at the dealership. Stormed out off the dealership and came back after 15 mins meekly realising I'm the one who will lose out if anything grevious arise later.

Apart from minor niggles, observed that the manufacturing date on only one of the stock Bridgestone dueller had the mfg data saying 0716 (Feb 2nd week 2016). However another car getting ready had the manufacturing data on all tires.

Can the experts here please guide me on what I should do.
Is it normal to have only one tyre carrying the manufacturing date?
Or is there any other way of decoding the age of the tire.

Mods, incase you feel its relevant for the another thread, feel free to move this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks