Old 17th October 2007, 12:39   #46

I must say this community is rocking
I never thought of all these things
you are the best
Old 17th October 2007, 13:02   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyfaction View Post
Where is month of manufacture printed on santro. I asked dealer about it and he said that santro has only Year of Manufacture on it and not month.I tried to find out on Car but was not able to. Anyone has clue ??
it wont be there on the car.. but the dealer should be able to show you documents that tells the month of manufacture and date of delivery to their stockyard.. if you have already bought the car, the invoice will tell the month of manufacture i think.

I am not sure about Santro.. but most european cars have "VIN decoder" websites. (google for VIN decoder <brand>) which give a truck load on information on your car.

Here is an example for Skoda (VW):
VIN Decoder for VW, Audi, SEAT, Skoda

For my car:
VIN TMB**************
MAKE SKODA
MODEL OCTAVIA II
ENGINE CODE BJB
TYPE OCT.LIM eleg l477/1,9 (1Z3364)
MODEL YEAR 2007
MADE IN INDIA
PRODUCTION DATE (YYYY/MM/DD) 2007/05/04
ENGINE SERIAL NUMBER XXXXX
FUEL DIESEL
LITRES / CC / DESCRIPTION 1.9 / 1896 CM3 / Pumpe-Duese
POWER / KW / HP / RPM 77 KW / 105 HP at 4000 RPM
TORQUE / RPM 250 Nm at 1900 RPM
CYLINDERS / VALVES 4 CYLINDERS / 8 VALVES
TRANSMISSION CODE / TYPE JCR
GEARBOX NUMBER 0A4A
GEARBOX TYPE 5 SPEED MANUAL
PAINT CODE BLACKMAGIC-PEARL EFFECT (1Z / F9R)
COLOR
INSIDE COLOR IVORY (TB)
<snipped lot more information>
Old 7th November 2007, 14:56   #48
BHPian

Is there anything that we need to look at in the Engin bay?
Old 7th November 2007, 15:28   #49
BHPian

Tools?

What are the standard tools that come along with a 4 wheeler?
Old 8th November 2007, 01:07   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyonblackybx View Post
Tools?

What are the standard tools that come along with a 4 wheeler?
Good question

Depends on the car, but one thing is sure, it'll be minimal.
The tool kit in the Ikon contains just a jack and wheel spanner. That's All!!!

- Jag
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2007, 16:40   #51

thanks guys............I am going to take delivery of new alto tomorrow........I surfed on this site today only..........great help.........
Old 20th December 2007, 21:35   #52
Senior - BHPian

Went for a Pre-registration inspection of the Swift earlier this week. Also wanted to be the one behind the wheel from the dealership to the RTO.

Since Pratham, ORR has their stockyard built into the complex, the reading on the odo showed only 5km! Also there was no need to take the vehicle to the RTO as the inspector came and checked everything on the spot. So basically only the file's of each car need to be sent to the respective RTO's. Pretty decent arrangement.

Some very minor scratches on the left side front wheel arch(seems like a hotspot for swifts). Brought it to the notice of the sales guy and also check thoroughly to ensure no repainting had been done.

My dad on the other hand would have signed papers without even bothering to see the car. He's probably sick of my forum related josh
s0uljah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2007, 08:03   #53
BHPian

ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection & Check List

Hello,
We got our Indica Xeta 1.2 GLS on 26th (Dec 07) delivered at 9 PM IST at AUTOFIN, Bowenpally. Dealership experience was great. Car has been super silent and no vibrations or noise. AC is great. Was offered free floor mats, mud flaps , Teflon coating. Got a Nokia mobile with TATA indicom connection in the scratch card of TATA One Million Car celebration offer. Sorry guys no pics at this time but will post a cute video of it soon. Forgot the camera only took a Sony Hi8 Camcorder. So need to wait till the cassette gets completed. Will do asap and upload for you all

Opted for extended warranty of 30 Months in addition to 18 months manufacturer warranty costing only 4500 for 30 months.

Except hell of traffic jams, i liked everything along the buying experience. Wasted about 1 hour while going and coming back with my Xeta.

BTW i used the PDI checklist here and people at Autofin were quite surprised to see the extensive list (i customized it for myself) -

Download as .DOC file

Credits to normally_crazy and kishor kulkarni for the original ones

Finally a very Thank you everyone at T-BHP for making my car buying experience pleasant.
TrueDreamer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th December 2007, 16:27   #54
BHPian

Thanks Guys, I'll use your check list to get delivery of my SX4.
Old 5th January 2008, 12:37   #55

Hi , I am awating my Hyundai i10 delivery in the coming week. I had delayed my purchase till dec 31st so as to get the 2008 model . I understand that the model is depending on the year of manufacture and not on the year of registration. Pl let me know how do i find out from the car the year of manufacture , will the Engine no give me this info?

Thanks
Sujesh
Old 5th January 2008, 14:43   #56
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Pl let me know how do i find out from the car the year of manufacture , will the Engine no give me this info?
A stamped plate on the car (most probably in the engine bay) as well as the invoices / registration form will tell you the year of manufacture.
Old 11th January 2008, 06:28   #57

Great going guys.. this thread was very informative indeed.. i never thought of checking out so many stuffs actually before taking delivery of the car..! Now the next time i do that i will surely have the pre-check list with me..!!

THANKS A LOT EVERYONE..! : -)
Old 1st February 2008, 01:54   #58
BHPian

Your car's make can be found from Chassis number usually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujesh View Post
Hi , I am awating my Hyundai i10 delivery in the coming week. I had delayed my purchase till dec 31st so as to get the 2008 model . I understand that the model is depending on the year of manufacture and not on the year of registration. Pl let me know how do i find out from the car the year of manufacture , will the Engine no give me this info?

Thanks
Sujesh
You should usually get this info from your car's Chassis number. You should usually get this info in 3 to 5 days after booking your car at the maximum if the car is readily available. Find out with your manufacturer or other users of the same car in this forum on how this info is encoded and decoded and how this can be helpful to you. For you this may be the 10th Character from the left.

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 1st February 2008 at 02:03.
Old 29th April 2008, 10:28   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post

8. Gift: Take a token gift along for the sales guy.
very informative, cheers mate. One question, what kind of gift you guys take to the sales guy. I am going to take my car today, bit confused on what gift and if it is normal in Kochi
Old 29th April 2008, 15:14   #60
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakishRam View Post
very informative, cheers mate. One question, what kind of gift you guys take to the sales guy. I am going to take my car today, bit confused on what gift and if it is normal in Kochi
Not the gift, but the thought that counts . Take along a token pen / shirt / perfume / idol (God) or something on similar lines.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed