Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2010, 20:16   #301
GTO
Team-BHP Support

2006 Civics are dropping to the 6 lakh levels now. However, and admittedly, the few that I've seen have had high mileage + poor maintenance.
Old 26th April 2010, 16:31   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
no IMO its not tough deciding between a new fiesta and used civic.it has to be civic.but its tough deciding between used accord V6 and used civic.

IMO Fiesta S has better handling than both Accord and Civic. And although that V6 engined Accord is a fast machine its handling is not something I'll regard highly. Last gen Accord V6 almost begs for a suspension upgrade considering that the motor has a lot to offer.

Regards
Old 26th April 2010, 23:43   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
IMO Fiesta S has better handling than both Accord and Civic. And although that V6 engined Accord is a fast machine its handling is not something I'll regard highly. Last gen Accord V6 almost begs for a suspension upgrade considering that the motor has a lot to offer.

Regards
actually there is no car which is much better than baleno in this price range
Old 27th April 2010, 15:52   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
actually there is no car which is much better than baleno in this price range

Balenos go for dirt cheap, well almost. But with a budget of Rs.6 lacs options can be aplenty. Overall Baleno might be a good package but I still rate the OHC V-tec a bit higher when it comes to driver involvement.

Regards.
Old 28th April 2010, 22:36   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Balenos go for dirt cheap, well almost. But with a budget of Rs.6 lacs options can be aplenty. Overall Baleno might be a good package but I still rate the OHC V-tec a bit higher when it comes to driver involvement.

Regards.
that is the car which makes you feel you are 18.just fun to drive at 6k RPM.but baleno is much much better highway car.i will anyday choose baleno over OHC.
Old 1st May 2010, 05:55   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post

Now, time to search for a W124 or a W126.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hey, the clean W126s come this way first. Get in line, Khan!
A neat W126 is up for sale on our classified section.
How I wish I had the bucks to go after it.

Team-BHP Classifieds - mercedes benz 280S w126 - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
Old 1st May 2010, 11:20   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
what about the optra magnum ?
definitely deserves a second view. The diesel is an absolute scorcher with sub 10 secs 0-100 timings.
and has poor resale due to company image.
so if lucky can get one close to 6 -7 lacs
Optra Magnum should be considered here in this thread. 6-7 lakhs ranges are available in the market..no of magnum availability in the market is very less
Old 1st May 2010, 14:47   #308
BHPian

Let us not forget that it is not only buying the said vehicle, but maintaining it that is the real deal-breaker here. Therefore slightly lower segment cars will definately offer better value-for-money than say an Accord or a Merc.
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:45   #309
BHPian

Ownership report for my pre-worshipped vRS up here.Do let me know what you think.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...finally-2.html
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:22   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Optra Magnum should be considered here in this thread. 6-7 lakhs ranges are available in the market..no of magnum availability in the market is very less

Yeah, the diesel versions are fast enough but I won't call the Magnum an 'enthusiasts' car because its not good around the corners. Its safe and much better than the Verna but its not really a driver's car.

Regards
Old 4th July 2010, 06:43   #311
Senior - BHPian

As mentioned by many, I think that the Baleno is a fantastic car to be bought pre-owned. I used to travel a lot, mainly in the mountains of Uttaranchal/Uttarakhand and though the Baleno sometimes had ground clearance issues (it has a wierd kink in the silencer pipe that usually brushes the ground), it was always fantastic to drive in the hills. It was very confidence inspiring and I found it more "solid" than my friend's OHC (non-Vtec ' 04, mine was a 2003 Nov. Baleno). A fact that he confirmed.

While the budget for this thread is quite high for the car I'd suggest, I still think it's one hell of a good car. It's the Fiat Adventure 1.6. It truly was an enthusiast's car.
Old 4th July 2010, 22:58   #312
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Let us not forget that it is not only buying the said vehicle, but maintaining it that is the real deal-breaker here. Therefore slightly lower segment cars will definately offer better value-for-money than say an Accord or a Merc.
Well, you do have choices, thus I disagree with you.

1. Buy a used Civic or any other C / C+ segment sedan. Its maintenance will work out cheaper than some new hatchbacks in the market (especially the Euros), and on par with most.

2. A used Mercedes or an Accord are substantial cars for little money. For the price of a mundane hatchback, you are getting 2X / 3X the power, space, luxury, safety etc. Its but obvious that the cost of upkeep will be higher. If this isn't your cup of tea, again, get yourself a more recent Japanese C Segmenter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
It was very confidence inspiring and I found it more "solid" than my friend's OHC (non-Vtec ' 04, mine was a 2003 Nov. Baleno). A fact that he confirmed.
If your friend's car was an '04, it would be an NHC (OHC ceased production in 2003).
Old 4th July 2010, 23:05   #313
evo
BHPian

[quote=GTO;1966789]

2. A used Mercedes or an Accord are substantial cars for little money. For the price of a mundane hatchback, you are getting 2X / 3X the power, space, luxury, safety etc. Its but obvious that the cost of upkeep will be higher.
QUOTE]

I agree with this. I fail to understand how people compare maintainance costs on an apple to apple basis (money) but do not compare the car/feature list of an E250 or Accord to an econo hatch. Please understand that getting more car for same money is the same as paying less money in the first place!
Old 4th July 2010, 23:08   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If your friend's car was an '04, it would be an NHC (OHC ceased production in 2003).
My mistake, need to double check the date, it was an OHC for sure.
Old 4th July 2010, 23:08   #315
BHPian

can anyone please compare accord 2.4 manual(04-06) and civic manual(06-07) both are priced at around 6 to 7 lacs in used car market.which one is better highway car??

Most Viewed