Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2016, 00:23   #751
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: The Best (used) Enthusiast cars for 6 lakh rupees! Or less

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
All Fiesta came with HPS. it is not as sharp as Old gen Figo. 1.6S has 15" alloys, firmer suspension and sports exhaust. It also gets all black interior. Fiesta 1.6S suspension parts can be directly fitted to stock 1.6.
I think the map was different as well.
mayankk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 01:47   #752
BHPian

Quote:
All Fiesta came with HPS. it is not as sharp as Old gen Figo. 1.6S has 15" alloys, firmer suspension and sports exhaust.
Thanks for the quick reply. I did read your posts and vnabhi's posts on his thread actually. One of the reasons I was so interested in the car.

Just one actual question. What years would be the best to look for? Would really appreciate a timeframe so I can home in on it.
Old 11th December 2016, 07:44   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarit19 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I did read your posts and vnabhi's posts on his thread actually. One of the reasons I was so interested in the car.

Just one actual question. What years would be the best to look for? Would really appreciate a timeframe so I can home in on it.
The Fiesta classic/classic models have Bluetooth connectivity, grey interiors(my SXi got beige) and different alloy design. Not sure if there are any further changes. What's your budget? Bargain hard because not too many takers for petrol fords.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 01:08   #754
BHPian

Quote:
The Fiesta classic/classic models have Bluetooth connectivity, grey interiors(my SXi got beige) and different alloy design. Not sure if there are any further changes. What's your budget? Bargain hard because not too many takers for petrol fords.
1.8-2.2L would be great so it leaves a lot of room for playing around. Saw a few ads for classic 1.6 for 2.3 so far.
Old 16th December 2016, 11:36   #755
BHPian

Went to a few places. It was quite interesting as a first time experience. First guy never answered any queries about the car or if he even had any of the models and kept asking if I could pay RIGHT NOW. He sad "Aap isi vakt paise denge ya nahi?!" multiple times. A bit weird but atleast I got my sour lemon pickle from roopak there.

Went to the ford showroom's used section and gave them my number if any examples came in for sale as they didn't have any fiestas there at the time either. However right opposite is carnation and I got a quote for a Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi 2011 with 34000 km's & full history. I jokingly threw in a remark about how many used cars have tampered ODO's to see how he'd react. In a confident tone he said I don't have to do anything till I have confirmed the history from the ford dealership opposite of him.

Slight killer was the asking price at 2.75. Not sure how much he will budge but since I have a lot of time left till 30 to scout I guess I will keep looking for more.

Last edited by Swarit19 : 16th December 2016 at 11:38.
Old 19th December 2016, 17:11   #756
BHPian

Is there anyone in the forum who is looking to sell a Civic (DL regd. 2010 or later) in manual guise? I'm looking for one with detailed history . Most of the cars with the dealers have tampered odo's and limited or no history.
Old 19th December 2016, 17:30   #757
BHPian

Quote:
All Fiesta came with HPS. it is not as sharp as Old gen Figo. 1.6S has 15" alloys, firmer suspension and sports exhaust. It also gets all black interior. Fiesta 1.6S suspension parts can be directly fitted to stock 1.6.
Parts are not a problem at all. I bought 2009 SXi with full history with 59k running for 2L. Let me know if you have any questions. You will find my posts from similar situation in this and Vnabhis Fiesta ownership thread
That's a great deal. Did you buy it from Goa or Bengaluru? Asking since I see the prices to be much higher in the latter.

PS Got to know that it was from Goa from vnabhi's thread. Congrats. Looks great and I'm sure it runs great too!

Last edited by theredliner : 19th December 2016 at 17:33.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 16:35   #758
BHPian

I'm looking to replace my old Esteem and found a 2007 Model Honda Accord 3 ltr V6 Automatic that appears to be in a decent shape. Wondering how expensive would it be to own and maintain!

Last edited by captrajesh : 11th January 2017 at 16:51.
Old 15th January 2017, 02:29   #759
BHPian

Planning to replace my Nano Twist with a Fiesta 1.6. Seeing a lot of difference in the price for cars from 2009 onwards starting at 2.4L to 5+L. What would be the ideal price for a 2010, 50k run car in Chennai?
Old 29th January 2017, 11:57   #760
BHPian

Getting confused.. Honda city i-vtec 2011 OR Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX 2011 diesel. Though both not easy to compare being different fuel types.. what do you all recommend.
Old 29th January 2017, 17:14   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmeshGohil View Post
Getting confused.. Honda city i-vtec 2011 OR Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX 2011 diesel. Though both not easy to compare being different fuel types.. what do you all recommend.
To be honest, I don't find them to be FTD cars except straight line blast!
akshay380 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 02:23   #762
BHPian

I am looking for used Fiestas and have come across 2 apparently well-maintained examples in Mumbai, one being the drool-worthy 1.6S!
I wanted to know whether Spinny (Car inspectors) work in Mumbai. If not, then what other alternatives do I have in Mumbai? Similar companies who offer a comprehensive inspection report of the car. Need it for peace of mind.
Also, will it be tougher to source suspension parts for the 1.6S than the normal 1.6? And when is the suspension overhaul recommended for it?

Last edited by Rohan24 : 11th February 2017 at 02:27. Reason: Additions
Old 15th May 2017, 11:37   #763
BHPian

Guys, any thoughts on this car listed in our classifieds? It's a 2011 make, but has only done 19k so far, which is pretty low so probably has been sitting around from time to time, so not sure if it's a good bet? Please advise.

I'm ~6' tall (and I think with extra long legs than usual six feet tall humans ) and have tried a few of the FTD hatches such as Polo GT TDI, Swift and Ritz, and found them all difficult to fit in. In a Polo, I could find an okay driving position after pushing the seat all the way back, but in that position it would be almost impossible for an adult of any height to sit in the back seat. I found i20 to be the most accommodating, but just cant stand the feather light steering like many here. Swift / Ritz were all uncomfortable because of the dash/steering column pressing against my shin.
Old 15th May 2017, 15:14   #764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrish View Post
Guys, any thoughts on this car listed in our classifieds? It's a 2011 make, but has only done 19k so far, which is pretty low so probably has been sitting around from time to time, so not sure if it's a good bet? Please advise.

I'm ~6' tall (and I think with extra long legs than usual six feet tall humans ) and have tried a few of the FTD hatches such as Polo GT TDI, Swift and Ritz, and found them all difficult to fit in.
An Optra isn't that brilliant a car to drive plus maintenance would be a bit of a hassle. Why not look for a Fabia 1.6? I am also 6ft tall and found the Fabia 1.6 to be the perfect hot hatch for me.
Old 17th June 2017, 23:53   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarit19 View Post
Went to a few places.
Update:

I'm now an owner of the Ford Fiesta 1.6s in red. The model is 2008 and has run 54 thousand kilometres (now closing in on 59k). It was bought directly from Harpreet Ford after the owner exchanged it for an endeavour. I bought it on 20th of March.

Before anyone asks, No, it's not as good as they say. It's far better than that.
Swarit19 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks