Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2017, 16:20   #766
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: The Best (used) Enthusiast cars for 6 lakh rupees! Or less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarit19 View Post
Update:

I'm now an owner of the Ford Fiesta 1.6s in red. The model is 2008 and has run 54 thousand kilometres (now closing in on 59k). It was bought directly from Harpreet Ford after the owner exchanged it for an endeavour. I bought it on 20th of March.

Before anyone asks, No, it's not as good as they say. It's far better than that.
Hey, Congrats man!
I am looking for one myself. Came across a blue,seemingly well-maintained one in Bangalore, but the owner is asking way over the market price!
If you don't mind, could you throw some light on the price of yours? Also, what things should I check to ensure it's well-kept?

Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 03:59   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
Hey, Congrats man!
I am looking for one myself. Came across a blue,seemingly well-maintained one in Bangalore, but the owner is asking way over the market price!
If you don't mind, could you throw some light on the price of yours? Also, what things should I check to ensure it's well-kept?
Thanks Rohan!

I got mine for 1.58L total if we count registration change charges. 1.55 deal price. That came down from 2.1L. Don't expect the same from a normal seller however and definitely not from a dealer who's trying to make a quick buck off of it. I won't be able to help you regarding the well-kept or not part of your question either as mine went through checkup at the dealership itself. I would however suggest taking a trusty mechanic with you and letting him test drive it a bit before finalizing.

Apologies everyone for not posting any pictures the last time around. Here's one from my quick shopping trip to HyperCity. It has a few battle scars tho as Delhi can be an interesting place with e rickshaws crossing you left and right.

ARTICLE: The Best (used) Enthusiast cars for 6 lakh rupees! Or less-ford-fiesta.jpg
Swarit19 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 05:03   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rohan!

I got mine for 1.58L total if we count registration change charges. 1.55 deal price. That came down from 2.1L. Don't expect the same from a normal seller however and definitely not from a dealer who's trying to make a quick buck off of it. I won't be able to help you regarding the well-kept or not part of your question either as mine went through checkup at the dealership itself. I would however suggest taking a trusty mechanic with you and letting him test drive it a bit before finalizing.
Oh that's a sweet deal! This guy had quoted 4.2L! which, even considering the rarity of the S is way over the top. It's sold apparently.
I'll continue looking at normal Fiestas, for the time being.
Yes, I plan to hire an expert from Spinny to check the car out, once I myself shortlist one.
Thanks a lot for the help, man! The car still looks absolutely wonderful. Wish you many happy miles in it!
Rohan24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2017, 03:26   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
Oh that's a sweet deal! This guy had quoted 4.2L!
If S wasn't on the list of the cars being killed in 2020 (with the whole bsiii stuff), I'd say that was a really nice deal. But given the circumstances, paying too much probably isn't worth it even if the car is as good as an S.

I try not to drive it every single day so the mileage hasn't been as high as it could've been. It's something to be cherished than abused on bad roads and whatnot. If you couldn't get a hold of one perhaps a figo s would suffice with it's suspension .
Swarit19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2017, 22:48   #770
BHPian

Apologies for double post.

I think I might have mixed something up there with the two wheeler bsiii ban and news regarding it when replying at 3:26 am.

Sorry for the panic that caused in anyone's mind.
Swarit19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 00:34   #771
BHPian

Quote:

I think I might have mixed something up there with the two wheeler bsiii ban and news regarding it when replying at 3:26 am.
It did it did!
I was frantically contemplating alternate plans, then wondering maybe it's worth taking the plunge for that driving pleasure.
Thanks for clearing that up!

About the Figo S, it's way over our budget right now, as this will be a second car, and will mostly be used by myself. But I guess it would make for a good replacement in 2-3 years. It's definitely got the pedigree, going by the review. Still lacks the sublime steering feedback of old though.
Old 27th June 2017, 00:19   #772
BHPian

I came across a good-looking Fiesta 1.6 SXI on OLX and decided to take a look at it.
Has an S bodykit, alloys and spoiler fitted. The car drove well. Engine sounded healthy and refined, even with a cold start. Mechanically, I couldn't find any issues.
A/C was not cooling, which the dealer said he would look into it and fix (hoping it's nothing major). 2 of the tyres had defects, one had a bulge while the other has a sidewall tear. I will be changing all 4 immediately to new ones, if the deal goes through, so not an issue.
What did concern me was that there is some rust on the driver door corner. Very little, but noticeable. There is also some corrosion visible in the spare wheel housing in the boot. The dealer has told that he will get rid of it.
My question is, whether it is easy to remove localized corrosion? Can it be done by body shops like Trend in Bangalore? I just want to make sure that rust doesn't bob it's ugly head a few months into ownership.
Old 7th July 2017, 21:01   #773
BHPian

Guys I was after a well maintained 2014 refreshed fiesta but sadly it was sold before I could do anything. Now I have come across a 2014 old gen fiesta sxi top model run 12500 Kms. Coincidentally the seller turned out a businessman from whom I dealt last year. Asking price is 3.3 Lacs. I have few questions in mind.

1. From the pictures, the car has fiesta and duratec badging. As far as I can remember, ford had already changed fiesta to classic and introduced global fiesta by 2014. The owner claims that ford sold few top model fiestas along with classic. Did ford sell old gen fiesta in 2014?

2. How does 3.3 lac sound for 2014 fiesta petrol?

3. There is no 1.6 badge, but only duratec. Is it a concern?
Old 7th July 2017, 23:44   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
1. From the pictures, the car has fiesta and duratec badging. As far as I can remember, ford had already changed fiesta to classic and introduced global fiesta by 2014. The owner claims that ford sold few top model fiestas along with classic. Did ford sell old gen fiesta in 2014?

The Global Fiesta came into being around 2011. The older Fiesta was renamed as 'Fiesta Classic' then.

It looks like the 'Classic' emblem is missing from the car. Top model was called 'Titanium', but still sold as 'Fiesta Classic'.

Hope this helps.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 01:15   #775
BHPian

Quote:
G

Ask the owner for the RC Card or booklet. It usually has all the details regarding engine size and variant. I don't think just the duratec badge is a concern, because post 2008 (I think), the 1.4 petrol engine was retired. So, all duratec's after that are 1.6's only.
About the Classic badge, I guess the owner must have had it replaced, or it's an early batch of Classic's when the name change was just being implemented. Still make sure the description matches the one on the RC.
Rohan24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 08:46   #776
BHPian

I have asked for the vin number for the time being. The owner says that no debadging was done. Will have to clarify from the RC and vin decoder.

Is the price ok?

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 8th July 2017 at 08:48.
Old 8th July 2017, 12:02   #777
BHPian

Quote:
I have asked for the vin number for the time being. The owner says that no debadging was done. Will have to clarify from the RC and vin decoder.

Is the price ok?
I think it is ok. Did you check it's service history? Just 12500 kms in 3 years is low mileage, and for that kind of running, I'd say the price is a bargain!
Old 8th July 2017, 21:49   #778
BHPian

Got interior pictures but not the vin. Somehow the interiors seem more than 12500 km used. The steering has dirt in its pores so do the door pad fabric and the carpet. Also the music system and the dashboard is of the old gen fiesta (not the figo one). May get the vin by tomorrow.
Old 9th July 2017, 19:56   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Got interior pictures but not the vin. Somehow the interiors seem more than 12500 km used. The steering has dirt in its pores so do the door pad fabric and the carpet. Also the music system and the dashboard is of the old gen fiesta (not the figo one). May get the vin by tomorrow.
The Classic had the new music system with Bluetooth. I think there's a link between the absence of the Classic badge and the new music system. It must be one of the last batches of the Fiesta. Please confirm with the VIN.

I don't think soiling and some stains here and there should be a deterrent. If the leather wrap on the steering, or the seats have signs of wear, then that would be alarming.

Last edited by Rohan24 : 9th July 2017 at 19:57. Reason: Added Quote
Old 16th July 2017, 10:27   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrish View Post
I'm ~6' tall (and I think with extra long legs than usual six feet tall humans ) and have tried a few of the FTD hatches such as Polo GT TDI, Swift and Ritz, and found them all difficult to fit in. In a Polo, I could find an okay driving position after pushing the seat all the way back, but in that position it would be almost impossible for an adult of any height to sit in the back seat. I found i20 to be the most accommodating, but just cant stand the feather light steering like many here. Swift / Ritz were all uncomfortable because of the dash/steering column pressing against my shin.
I finally got my hands on a pre-worshipped 2012 global Ford Fiesta just few days ago. It's a diesel / Titanium+ variant, with almost new Bridgestone my-01 sports tourer tyres. I've been taking it out of the parking lot for every small reason, and have done few 300+ kms trips already. Every time it has put a on my face. Not sure if this car comes under the enthusiast category still, as some of the reviews say it could be a lot better with a bigger engine. But I've been loving it since the first drive. There's a noticeable turbo boost starting from 1.5k rpm but it's well controlled, and engine overall feels peppy with plenty of torque. Car has superb stability/grip in twistys, and handles like a dream. Soon after I got the car, I got a chance to do a Bangalore-Mangalore trip, and I was surprised how fast I could take majority of the corners.
pkrish is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks